+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application rejected due to Noc

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
Hi everyone

My PR application has been rejected based on incorrect Noc. Basically it says in the letter that the officer was not satisfied that I have obtained sufficient foreign work experience in accordance with Noc 0111.

I am thinking to send an email to find the correct Noc and then apply again. My question is whether I could be refused again based on incorrect Noc? Maybe they do not need professionals with such experience at all? What could be the way forward?

I have all the other docs in place.
The extract from my reference letter:

Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and management accounts

2. Examine and analyze journal ledger entries, bank statements, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards

3. Preparation of minutes of board of directors meeting for our international clients

4. Assistance with the opening of corporate bank account for international clients

5. Act as liaison between the clients and the auditors

6. Preparation of payment instructions upon client request

7. Client billing

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Sorry to hear that. I believe you could reapply with correct noc. Generally your noc needs to be closely aligned to what is given in noc website. If it's slightly varying, you need to tailor the responsibilities to be aligned with noc lead statement and duties. They don't discriminate based on noc. As long as it is in a, b or c, you are good and all applications get equal weightage in processing.

Did they give you a chance to explain or submit additional documents to prove your noc experience or rejected straight away? What is your timeline and stream ?

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi everyone

My PR application has been rejected based on incorrect Noc. Basically it says in the letter that the officer was not satisfied that I have obtained sufficient foreign work experience in accordance with Noc 0111.

I am thinking to send an email to find the correct Noc and then apply again. My question is whether I could be refused again based on incorrect Noc? Maybe they do not need professionals with such experience at all? What could be the way forward?

1. Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and management accounts

2. Examine and analyze journal ledger entries, bank statements, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards

3. Preparation of minutes of board of directors meeting for our international clients

4. Assistance with the opening of corporate bank account for international clients

7. Client billing
Sorry to hear about this. After how many days of e-AOR did then sent out the Rejection eMail??

Yes, I believe the correct way forward would be to sent out a email to IRCC requesting under which NOC would your work experience fall under.

Hope everything works out for you at the earliest.

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
They didn't request additional documents with respect to job experience and rejected after about 3 months from the AoR.

I believe tailoring the responsibilities to be aligned with noc lead statement and duties would not work as I have to include in the new application the reference to the old one and CiC would see that responsibilities, etc changed. In any case the employer would not accept to change the wording.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
They didn't request additional documents with respect to job experience and rejected after about 3 months from the AoR.

I believe tailoring the responsibilities to be aligned with noc lead statement and duties would not work as I have to include in the new application the reference to the old one and CiC would see that responsibilities, etc changed. In any case the employer would not accept to change the wording.
Any other experience that you could claim ?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi everyone

7. Client billing
NOC 0111 is for Financial Managers. Do you have any managerial roles? If yes, then you should have mentioned those in the reference letter.

If you don't have managerial roles, then you should look for a NOC which better suits the mentioned job duties.

This might be useful if you are from finance:
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122375&CPV=111&CST=01012011&CLV=3&MLV=4

Reactions: wan11knu

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Maybe you need to check whether your experience falls under another NOC which is not a skill level "0" job under which you are assumed to be in a "management" position.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
what is the managerial role? Could you please identify, which are the managerial responsibilities out of these listed below from NOC 0111?

Main duties
  • Financial managers perform some or all of the following duties:
    • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department
    • Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment
    • Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports
    • Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates
    • Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models
    • Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
    • Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
    • Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts
    • Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions
    • Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.

Reactions: Scorpman21

badgalroxy

Jun 9, 2017
Suru,

Your roles and responsibilities do not match the NOC you claimed points for. Based on what you have provided, you have roles and responsibilities for at least 3 NOC codes in your letter with none of them being substantial enough to claim as your primary NOC.

1. is NOC 1111 - Accountants
2. is NOC 1111 - Auditors
3. is NOC 1241 - Administrative Assistants
4 - 7 - NOC(s) not related to the two above!

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
what is the managerial role? Could you please identify, which are the managerial responsibilities out of these listed below from NOC 0111?

Main duties
  • Financial managers perform some or all of the following duties:
    • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department
    • Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment
    • Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports
    • Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates
    • Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models
    • Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
    • Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
    • Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts
    • Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions
    • Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.
Clearly, the first point states that this person is managing the entire finance dept.7th point also states full oversight from a HR perspective. There are several more... If you look at the employment requirements it states " several years of experience in finance..." and the job titles suggest that this is a code for senior management people such as Directors, Finance Controllers, Treasurers etc. #justmytake

Reactions: jes_ON

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
For the bullet #7, I rephrased and wrote - Team management including recruitment, goal setting, merit assessment, performance appraisal, training etc.

What do you think?

BadLuckSam

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting.
Hi everyone

7. Client billing
Really sorry to hear that... Can you tell us after how many days of e-AOR did you get the email?

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
This refusal would be during the eligibility stage. I think, it should be over 60 days of AOR. From what I have learnt so far, this refusal is not a refusal due to incomplete documentation. Hence, CIC will not refund the complete amount.

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
Thanks everyone. It is clear that the Noc I've chosen is wrong.
However what would be the correct Noc? If I will send an email to identify my noc and they come back with a couple of options then which one to choose? I might apply again and get the same result.