+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Refused!

lostndamned

Jan 7, 2014
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

your travel history
your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
purpose of visit
limited employment prospects in your country of residence
your personal assets and financial status.

Other reason:

Course available in Bangladesh

I do not know what is wrong. It seems to me they accepted all of the other documents i.e. financial. I submitted property papers, my parents & siblings are here. I've been to four countries but never violated anything. I do not know how a CS graduate can have limited employment prospects. My parents are my sponsors so why do I need personal assets and financial status?

The only reason makes sense is that the course is available in Bangladesh and I might not have explained properly in my SOP. I was going for Master's CS. This is the only reason I could think of that I might not have explained the questions like these in my SOP:

Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?[/list]
What is your overall educational goal?[/list]
Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship?
How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship?
What ties do you have to your country of residence/citizenship?
If it has been more than 2 years since you have left full-time education, please provide your C.V. (résumé)
In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for wishing to study in Canada? What is your parents’/guardians’ immigration status in their current country of residence?

Please guide me as I'm truly lost today. I thought my application was really strong. I really need your advise, any help would be appreciated. Would reapplying right away make a bad impression? Why do you think I got rejected?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
what is ur profile? which course did u apply too?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
lostndamned said:
BSC CS 3.4/4.0 IELTS 7.5
Course: MSC in CS at UNB
mismatch doesnt seem to be a problem u selected the right course
how much funds did u show....and what documents did u attach?

lostndamned

Jan 7, 2014
mead said:
mismatch doesnt seem to be a problem u selected the right course
how much funds did u show....and what documents did u attach?
I showed around 70000 CAD
I attached all the documents required by the CHC, Singapore e.g. business papers, job certificates, bank statements, evaluation report from ca firm, along with other documents like property rent receipts, gold receipts that my mom has etc.

sumitmn

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7 (None less than 6)
File Transfer...
21-07-2014
Med's Done....
17-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
apply for CAIPS and know the real reason then re apply.

lostndamned

Jan 7, 2014
sumitmn said:
apply for CAIPS and know the real reason then re apply.
But that takes like a month!
My brother is leaving next month for Canada and I'm afraid it will make things difficult for me. I wanted to apply before he leaves. Please help!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
lostndamned said:
But that takes like a month!
My brother is leaving next month for Canada and I'm afraid it will make things difficult for me. I wanted to apply before he leaves. Please help!
i dont know why ur brother leaving is so important but its too late for sept 2015 intake ......even if u apply now difficult to say if u would get the decision in time. best is as suggested above get CAIPS notes and make an informed decision.

lostndamned

Jan 7, 2014
mead said:
i dont know why ur brother leaving is so important but its too late for sept 2015 intake ......even if u apply now difficult to say if u would get the decision in time. best is as suggested above get CAIPS notes and make an informed decision.
I thought it was important because as far as I understand it's difficult when you have someone related to you living in Canada as a PR. I though it will be harder for the applicant to satisfy the vo that he'd leave after his studies.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
lostndamned said:
I thought it was important because as far as I understand it's difficult when you have someone related to you living in Canada as a PR. I though it will be harder for the applicant to satisfy the vo that he'd leave after his studies.
well it may have a slight impact or none at all but getting ur application right should be ur first priority. its ur complete profile that matters so if one thing is lacking u try to make up with some other thing in ur profile. I think I am missing something in ur profile as everything looks good then why were u rejected.

lostndamned

Jan 7, 2014
mead said:
well it may have a slight impact or none at all but getting ur application right should be ur first priority. its ur complete profile that matters so if one thing is lacking u try to make up with some other thing in ur profile. I think I am missing something in ur profile as everything looks good then why were u rejected.
Exactly my point! Why was I rejected? I was sure I was going to get approval letter. I applied a bit late though I do not know if it matters, I applied this month.
Is 70K enough or do I need to show more funds? My SOP was bad, I didn't explain anything because well I though everything was perfect and I didn't have to explain all the questions. Guess I was wrong. How should I write my SOP? Can you help me out?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
lostndamned said:
Exactly my point! Why was I rejected? I was sure I was going to get approval letter. I applied a bit late though I do not know if it matters, I applied this month.
Is 70K enough or do I need to show more funds? My SOP was bad, I didn't explain anything because well I though everything was perfect and I didn't have to explain all the questions. Guess I was wrong. How should I write my SOP? Can you help me out?
well SOP is ok ....first find out what ru missing.....$70k were shown in the form of? did u have any language requirements? any conditions on ur LOA?

lostndamned

Jan 7, 2014
mead said:
well SOP is ok ....first find out what ru missing.....$70k were shown in the form of? did u have any language requirements? any conditions on ur LOA?
70K cash in bank account. my ielts score is 7.5 and no conditions.

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they gave your brother study permit or anything, they'll have record for the same. So even if you apply now, result will be same as when your brother would be in Canada. But if you can't wait, then apply now for January session ( if any ) because you are late for September session buddy. I seriously can't find a fault in your application. Can it be possible that CHC issues a specific number of Study Permits per country as per the directions they get from Canada?? Anyways, go for CAIPS it's damn slow but at least you'll know the reason. Good luck though!

lostndamned

Jan 7, 2014
sidhu_anwar said:
If they gave your brother study permit or anything, they'll have record for the same. So even if you apply now, result will be same as when your brother would be in Canada. But if you can't wait, then apply now for January session ( if any ) because you are late for September session buddy. I seriously can't find a fault in your application. Can it be possible that CHC issues a specific number of Study Permits per country as per the directions they get from Canada?? Anyways, go for CAIPS it's damn slow but at least you'll know the reason. Good luck though!
ok i will apply for caips and see what happens. is there anything else that i should do in the meantime to make my application stronger?