+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application/profile updated - But no message

Aug 23, 2021
My application's status changed to 'Application/profile updated', and my profile also has been updated. However, there's no message - pdf file confirmation - yet. Would I get it soon? thank you.

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
My application's status changed to 'Application/profile updated', and my profile also has been updated. However, there's no message - pdf file confirmation - yet. Would I get it soon? thank you.
Sometimes your application can say updated with no updates immediately evident - that's called a ghost update. It happens to everyone. Could be your medical was updated, eligibility started or nothing at all.

What PDF are you expecting to get - BIL, BVL or PPR? The information you provided is not enough for anyone to understand your query. What stage is your application in?

Reactions: qlwkdjswpskdhk
Aug 23, 2021
Sometimes your application can say updated with no updates immediately evident - that's called a ghost update. It happens to everyone. Could be your medical was updated, eligibility started or nothing at all.

What PDF are you expecting to get - BIL, BVL or PPR? The information you provided is not enough for anyone to understand your query. What stage is your application in?
Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry for not being informative. My application is study permit extension + initial co-op work permit, applied within Canada.

Is my case also considered as the ghost update even though there were actual update being made? (In the Document Status section, it lists newly approved documents - Study permit and co-op work permit- and says 'Your document is vaild')

The PDF file that I am looking for is the file is the letter that approves that I successfully extended my study permit and got a new co-op work permit.

Last edited:
Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry for not being informative. My application is study permit extension + initial co-op work permit, applied within Canada.

Is my case also considered as the ghost update even though there were actual update being made? (In the Document Status section, it lists newly approved documents - Study permit and co-op work permit- and says 'Your document is vaild')

The PDF file that I am looking for is the file is the letter that approves that I successfully extended my study permit and got a new co-op work permit.
Gotcha. I think your approval letter will be uploaded soon enough. We've seen a few people report that their LOI/POE letters were not uploaded immediately, despite their account showing the application has been approved (not sure why this seem to be happening more of recent).

Since you are inside Canada, perhaps give IRCC a call to inquire?

Aug 23, 2021
I don't exactly know what the official approval letter is called, but I assume it is similar (or it is) LOI/POE letter.

Thank you. I guess I should call IRCC to inquire if I don't get any update within 2~3 days. Do you think I should wait longer though?