+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application processing time

AgnesR

May 17, 2017
Hi guys!
I submitted my application for sponsorship and documents included last july 21,2017 but until now i have not yet received a message confirming that theyve received my application or that my application is being processed already... its been a over a month now and im a little bit worried. Is this still within the normal processing time?
Thanks and God bless!

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some people get AORs a little late. We got ours after 22 calendar days. But call them to be sure. In some cases, when the application is missing a form or a signature they send the whole thing back. Calling them will clarify what the hold-up is.

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
Hi guys!
I submitted my application for sponsorship and documents included last july 21,2017 but until now i have not yet received a message confirming that theyve received my application or that my application is being processed already... its been a over a month now and im a little bit worried. Is this still within the normal processing time?
Thanks and God bless!
If its over a month i am afraid it might be on its way back to you, usually does not take more then 3 weeks to go through your file to say ok everything is in order.

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
It took 5 weeks for me to receive an AOR... so i suggest if you have sent the application by courier.. try chcking your Airway Bill if they have received it.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Please don't pay too much attention to these misleading comments from previous forum members. There is currently a big backlog and they are processing applications received on July 11th. Specially disregard the post saying it's likely going to be returned to you, I am afraid this person doesn't know what he's talking about there. For July applicants, there is a backlog, so the normal, expected time to get AOR is about 6 weeks for us. Wait a little more, probably you'll get AOR next week, or two weeks from now. Don't worry too much, don't stress yourself out. Have a good day and good luck!

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
So an AOR is when they opened it and have begun processing? We sent ours towards the end of July, I know they have got it as we used recorded mail though obviously am not expecting an AOR quite yet. I guess it just sits on a pile until it is opened, and sounds like a bit of a backlog they have.

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
Please don't pay too much attention to these misleading comments from previous forum members. There is currently a big backlog and they are processing applications received on July 11th. Specially disregard the post saying it's likely going to be returned to you, I am afraid this person doesn't know what he's talking about there. For July applicants, there is a backlog, so the normal, expected time to get AOR is about 6 weeks for us. Wait a little more, probably you'll get AOR next week, or two weeks from now. Don't worry too much, don't stress yourself out. Have a good day and good luck!
Yes this person speaking from experience, but it's ok i guess hope for the best and just be disappointed later is your approach here :). Rather expect returned application and be pleasantly surprised it was accepted .. which one sounds more pleasing ?

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Yes this person speaking from experience, but it's ok i guess hope for the best and just be disappointed later is your approach here :). Rather expect returned application and be pleasantly surprised it was accepted .. which one sounds more pleasing ?
Misleading information is misleading information, regardless of the feelings one gets from it. You have experience, but you're not up to date when you're talking about this as you clearly haven't been following the July thread. Now, you are assuming things about what I said, and I am pointing out the facts. Which one sounds reasonable and logical? I have no approach, I am simply providing correct information, unlike you. If you want to go by scaring people and making them worry without actually having the correct information to back up your opinions, go ahead and do so. I am here simply making sure the person who created this post does get to have the truth. This person's application may be returned, or it may not be, but no one here can know that on the mere fact that it's been a month and he/she hasn't gotten AOR yet, specially since that is now the standard for July applicants.

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
Misleading information is misleading information, regardless of the feelings one gets from it. You have experience, but you're not up to date when you're talking about this as you clearly haven't been following the July thread. Now, you are assuming things about what I said, and I am pointing out the facts. Which one sounds reasonable and logical? I have no approach, I am simply providing correct information, unlike you. If you want to go by scaring people and making them worry without actually having the correct information to back up your opinions, go ahead and do so. I am here simply making sure the person who created this post does get to have the truth. This person's application may be returned, or it may not be, but no one here can know that on the mere fact that it's been a month and he/she hasn't gotten AOR yet, specially since that is now the standard for July applicants.
Yes i am freddy krueger :) i like scaring people instead of preparing them for what could be an unwanted outcome. it's like saying ooh you should start packing your bags and buy the plane tickets without receiving your passport cause in a perfect world when you sent your passport to get the visa stamp it will come back right and on time just before your booked flight ?

freddy krueger out.. :).

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Yes i am freddy krueger :) i like scaring people instead of preparing them for what could be an unwanted outcome. it's like saying ooh you should start packing your bags and buy the plane tickets without receiving your passport cause in a perfect world when you sent your passport to get the visa stamp it will come back right and on time just before your booked flight ?

freddy krueger out.. :).
Your own words are a faithful statement of your ridiculous logic. Have as many opinions as you wish to have, I do not care. Facts are facts, and no matter what your opinions are, they will remain being facts.

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
Your own words are a faithful statement of your ridiculous logic. Have as many opinions as you wish to have, I do not care. Facts are facts, and no matter what your opinions are, they will remain being facts.
Yes I completely agree because you know the working of CIC completely because you work for them right, you have the facts, right on, carry on..?

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Yes I completely agree because you know the working of CIC completely because you work for them right, you have the facts, right on, carry on..?
I do not need to work there to know that I am right. Any human being with a moderate, average intelligence would be able to know that it is taking a lot more than just three weeks to get AOR for July applicants. All they would have to do is follow the July thread. I am sorry, but I will stop wasting my time with someone as stubborn and lacking of common sense as you. The question has been answered, there is nothing else to do here. If you want to prove your superior intelligence I would say this is not the place to do so. Good luck.

Hi guys!
Thanks and God bless!
You're welcome to join the July thread, so you can get more reliable information on how the process is going for all of us who applied during July. This is it: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2017-outland-spousal-sponsorship-outside-of-canada.503940/

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
It also took 5 weeks to get our AOR 1. I would say, try not to be too paranoid as you are only at the beginning of the process. There will be many more bumps along the way, so try to be patient (easier said than done). However, 5 or 6 weeks is not unusual for AOR 1 to be sent out. Seeing other people get theirs in 3 weeks will make you anxious and think that something is wrong if you haven't heard anything yet, but these are only a fraction of the cases you hear about, so don't despair yet as you are still within the normal time frame. Hope you hear some positive news very soon!