+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application out for delivery

Fknoname

Oct 17, 2017
@messironaldo based on my previous experience with Canada Post, there is not much can be done till the status changes to something different from "out for delivery". According to their initial estimate, I was told, that delivery should happen today on Oct. 17. Taking into account how many people simultaneously submitted - it may take a few days to process.

once it is delivered, we can at least submit claim for the refund:
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=request_a_refund_for&cattype=kb&cat=receiving&subcat=maildelivery

Last edited:
Reactions: messironaldo

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Nope, I sent it to the courier address 49 Dorchester Street. They say they cannot help us more. And for them it is already delivered, although there is no real delivery and no signature at all. I opened a service ticket. I am not sure if Ryan and Mike will have time to pick those mails from mail room in the basement. I don't think that mail room in the basement is the one where PO Box exists. I can't understand how they can leave a registered priority letter without having a signature and they don't reattempt to deliver it. I paid 40$ and all they say is sorry.
I just checked my status and this is what I got:

2017/10/16 09:03 Signature image recorded for Online viewing
2017/10/16 09:03 SYDNEY, NS Delivered
2017/10/16 05:25 SYDNEY, NS Out for delivery

2017/10/16 05:06 SYDNEY, NS Item processed

It seems that they were accepting (signing) envelopes in the morning, but after that what? they stopped signing? Or they took enough envelopes for the day? that doesn't make sense.

messironaldo

Dec 2, 2012
Surrey, BC
Guys, this is a real issue. My wife has the same problem. I sent it to courier address with Canada Post Priority service. And it is still "Out for delivery" since October 16, 6:34am. It is always the same truck which is 6:34 am.
I called CIC few times. What they say is they tried to deliver it out of office hours. So they left it to mail room which is in the basement of CIC building.
Now, somebody should come and pick it up and then we will be able to see the signature. They don't know when this will happen. I don't think it will be lost but I will send a new application if I can't get a signature this week and I will ask for a refund. Too much stress for Prioriity service.
What do you mean by someone should pick it up? Is someone from the CIC will pick up the package and marks it as delivered?

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
What do you mean by someone should pick it up? Is someone from the CIC will pick up the package and marks it as delivered?
That is what Canada Post says. It is in the mail room of the CIC building. Think it as a Canada Post office in the building, owned by CIC. And somebody should pick them from there and sign the delivery notice. It is not the PO Box. That's why Canada Post says it is delivered.
But if nobody picked it. I cannot consider it as delivered. They just keep our posts somewhere in the building but they do not really deliver it to Mike & Ryan. I already opened a service ticket but Canada Post call center agent says, the ticket would be closed as for them it is already delivered.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rasmy @Khalid22 @burakcayir

Nothing to worry! With Canada post, there is always a delay before the status changes from "Out for delivery" to "Delivered".
Normally it is few hours, but given the high traffic to Sydney these days, I would not be worried if it takes a bit more than usual!

Canada Post is safe!
Thanks man. I think its probably the high volume at Sydney that caused the delay.

Reactions: burakcayir

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
Guys guys, is not the first time we deal with immigration... you know and we have read many times that Canada Post or the delivery company sometimes dont update the system because its received in bulk... just wait the time. What are you going to do? What can we possibly do? If its out for delivery, then it will get delivered... no updates is a good thing.

Like, common guys, a little bit of common sense when starting a threat

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
LOL Cant believe a thread for this topic was created.
I don't see any issue with creating this thread. There were some really weird threads opened for personal issues here in this forum. But this one is a bit different. This shows how crappy the work of Canada Post even for registered mails. They fixed it after I created the service ticket and called them. This has nothing to do with late delivery or not updated tracking system. They literally forgot the letters in the mail room. It is not first time I send a mail, and not first time I send a mail to CIC Sydney. One can take this thread as a recommendation for not using Canada Post.
This thread can be a place to check if someone else have the same issue in the future which is very possible.