November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
sheila la said:
Thanks patiently_waiting, I did see this on the site but it never entered my mind to withdraw and start over. It is too soon to think about doing that as the application just made it's way to Cairo when all this started. We'll wait it out a couple more months and wait to see if the embassy re-opens.

Thanks again.
I want to wish you all the best, this is such an arduous process, situations like these don't make it easy ;D

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
08/10/2010 and 13/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
I just noticed they removed the message informing us that the Canadian Embassy was temporaly closed in Cairo !

This just made my day :)

Let's hope this will not affect the immigration process to much.

~ Melanie

Canadian_girl

Jan 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Cairo visa office is now up and running. Processing times should not be too affected by the delay.

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
Wooo Hoooo!!!

lolmo

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Up ;)
My application processed in Cairo since NOV.2010 as well and still waiting

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
i was try to find some one has same situation like i me ,,
so here i am ,,, me too my application was sent to cairo since November 4th 2010 and untill now i didnt get AOR or any updates on e - case ,, so almost 4 monthes ,,, is it too long duration to hear some thing from cairo office ??!!!!!!!!!!! :(

during the protesting in egypt my wife called CIC and they told her that my application is in cairo already and asked us just to wait untill the embassy reopen ...

so now i embassy is reopend and i just wait to hear some thing ,, just it bothers me too long time and no AOR yet
is that ok ?? or it means am having trouble ,, anybody has experince plz answer

thx all

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
i wrote this notes in the other forum as well ,.,, soo good to find this forum so we can share info together as we r all dealing with CAIRO OFFICE :-X

i was try to find some one has same situation like i me ,,
so here i am ,,, me too my application was sent to cairo since November 4th 2010 and untill now i didnt get AOR or any updates on e - case ,, so almost 4 monthes ,,, is it too long duration to hear some thing from cairo office ??!!!!!!!!!!!

during the protesting in egypt my wife called CIC and they told her that my application is in cairo already and asked us just to wait untill the embassy reopen ...

so now i embassy is reopend and i just wait to hear some thing ,, just it bothers me too long time and no AOR yet
is that ok ?? or it means am having trouble ,, anybody has experince plz answer

thx all

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Hi Fox82!

I know I just barely sent my application so I do not have an answer or an experience story for you... All I know is the PR of my husband was received on Jan 21st and I had the impression that his file was also received in Cairo around that time. I just check my application status it is still on "application received". I hope you will have answers to your application shortly! Hang in there!

Btw... I just looked at the timeline in Egypt an noticed that it was changed to 12 months instead of 13! A small exciting news :)

~ Mels

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
yes Mels..i saw it was changed 12 instead 13 thats good thing as well ..i think i let my spouse call the embassy soon to figure out whats going on .. what do u think is it good action or it will bother them and make them delay the application purposly ))))??

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
That is a good question that I wish I knew. It would be unfair if they delay the application just because of a curiosity question but then again, we never know!

However, I have a friend who also married an Egyptian man and she tried to get information of her application during her wait but they were not able to answer her question. So they waited it out until they had the good news.

Her advice to me was to be patient and to stay positive :)

November is still early in the process, if we look at the average 12 months before the final verdict. But I did read stories on this forum which had the whole process completed within 4 months but that was before the protest...

Mels

ZIEDAN2000

Mar 5, 2011
Hello everyone .... I also have been waiting for 10 months so far,,,, and the situation was bad there was a revolution in Egypt at this time,,,, in Cairo .. patience with the embassy to be completed with these measures are a patient it's actually 10 Months, something difficult ...

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
hi everyone,,, so i see no one got a good news yet ?!!yesit is not so good at all,,, to wait is the most difficult thing anyperson might have ))

i wanted to tell some one 's experince one friend of mine he applied for FAM CLASS VISA as well and he didnt hear nothing from cairo office untill 6 monthes later after first approval from CIC -M so it is not necessary that they update the application evrywhile thats what he told ,,,i wanted to share this story might it giv us power to have patince ,,lolol

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
hi zidane ,,,,,umm so u say it is 10 mothes since ur application was sent to cairo and still no news??!! thats sound bad ,, i think u can wait more 2 monthes and then u have the right to call cairo office also u can let ur spouse call the MP in canadahe will help alot i am sure ,,

let me ask you ,,,did u get AOR from cairo ? and if yes ,, how long it was mentioned to get ur visa?

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
hey guys ,,
umm where is evryone? i dont see replys anymore?!!! isnt there any thoughts you wanna share ,, will be useful if we all do that ,,,
anyway i got some news wanted to share,, ysterday i found new update on permanent residence statue ,,, it said ,,APPLICATION RECIVED ,,,it took so long to get in egypt ,,,5 monthes

but they dont say IN PROCESS as i was expecting,, dont know what it means to just say APPLICATION RECIEVED
any one can share thoughts ...???!

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
Hi fox82

I have not posted because I have not heard anything yet either. Mel's and my timeline is the same. App received in Cairo January 21 according to Ecas. From what I understand from other contributors to this forum, sometimes Ecas never gets updated past application received.

I figured it was too early to contact the embassy as it's only been a couple of months and I really don't want to irritate them. Not that it should matter if we do contact them but you never know. We will wait it out a few more months before sending off an email. In the meantime, I keep reading here to get more informed and be prepared for the possibility of an interview and/or refusal.

Hopes this helps...