+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application has been received

azumaetar

Mar 3, 2017
Hi guys,

My boyfriend who is sponsored me got this email,what I should do

Link the application to my accout.
Wait for further notification

I would like to know whats next, step by step, will be more emails until they will send the acknowledgment of receipt letter.

In the email there is a application number, is this the real number or they will change it?

thanks a lot

Reactions: barsarah

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if in the email there is a application number and UCI #, you may have received AOR.....and the PA may link the application to online account, so you can receive future messages through your online account.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  6. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  7. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  8. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  9. Medical Exam Result
  10. Passport Request (PPR)
  11. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.

Reactions: azumaetar

azumaetar

Mar 3, 2017
if in the email there is a application number and UCI #, you may have received AOR.....and the PA may link the application to online account, so you can receive future messages through your online account.
Thanks; but until now I do not receive the AOR or another email where it says that my application is in process. I haven't linked the application yet because I'm not sure those numbers are the definitive ones.

azumaetar

Mar 3, 2017
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  9. Medical Exam Result
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.[/QUOTE
It it seems that my application is in step one, tomorrow it will be 8 weeks after the application is received. We are applying inland, those steps would be the same?
I was trying to follow the status by the online tools but they can't find nothing. Thanks I just want to know if I'm not misunderstanding the process.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
  9. Medical Exam Result
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.
@Wakki, can you also provide the process steps for Inland Applications?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Thanks; but until now I do not receive the AOR or another email where it says that my application is in process. I haven't linked the application yet because I'm not sure those numbers are the definitive ones.
The email in which they tell you to link the application and give you your UCI number is the AOR. So that's that. They usually send it at around 6 or so weeks after you send in the app. There's no other AOR.

azumaetar

Mar 3, 2017
The email in which they tell you to link the application and give you your UCI number is the AOR. So that's that. They usually send it at around 6 or so weeks after you send in the app. There's no other AOR.
This the e-mail that my boyfriend recieved:

UCI: a number is here
Application No.: F00....
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear Michael,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/09/10 on behalf of the following member(s):

AMELIA

He received this email almost a month after sent the application. Is this the AOR?
Should I Link the application number that appears in the e-mail to my account?

Thanks,

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
This the e-mail that my boyfriend recieved:

UCI: a number is here
Application No.: F00....
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear Michael,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/09/10 on behalf of the following member(s):

AMELIA

He received this email almost a month after sent the application. Is this the AOR?
Should I Link the application number that appears in the e-mail to my account?

Thanks,
Yes, that's the AOR. The F... number is the application number and the UCI is your UCI. Yes, you should link it.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Yes, that's the AOR. The F... number is the application number and the UCI is your UCI. Yes, you should link it.
@np08, that will be incorrect my friend! The UCI number is for her boyfriend - the sponsor.
@azumaetar, use the application number to link your app on MyCIC

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
@np08, that will be incorrect my friend! The UCI number is for her boyfriend - the sponsor.
@azumaetar, use the application number to link your app on MyCIC
Why would it be for her sponsor? She's the applicant and she needs a UCI to link the application. I didn't get my UCI any other way, it was in the AOR.

@azumaetar make sure that you're counting the sponsor for that last question that asks you how many people in the application. If it's just you being sponsored, put 2 as it counts the sponsor. That's usually the problem with linking, the question isn't clear enough.

azumaetar

Mar 3, 2017
Why would it be for her sponsor? She's the applicant and she needs a UCI to link the application. I didn't get my UCI any other way, it was in the AOR.

@azumaetar make sure that you're counting the sponsor for that last question that asks you how many people in the application. If it's just you being sponsored, put 2 as it counts the sponsor. That's usually the problem with linking, the question isn't clear enough.
@np08 The email was for my boyfriend and he has UCI, because I already have an account and UCI, so if I sign in with my account I should use my UCI or his UCI? and yes I put 2, I tried with my information, his information and the number of the application but nothing.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
UCI number on the AOR is for her sponsor only but the application number is for both the sponsor and the principal applicant. She has her own UCI number - which is usually the same number on her Study/Work permit and Visa.

@azumaetar, Try the following steps and let me know how it goes:
  1. Go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
  2. Scroll down and click on Continue with GCKey
  3. Sign up and/or Sign in with your credentials
  4. Click on Add (link) your application to your account
  5. Select Category: Permanent Residence
  6. Sub Category: Family Class (Spouses)
  7. Select: Application Number and Family Name
  8. Application Number: Fill in the Application Number on the AOR (starting with letter F followed by 9 digits)
  9. Family Name: Fill in your last name
  10. Select: Passport
  11. Fill in the details (yours)
  12. If you applied Inland: Select your current Province and City (not the Point of Entry); otherwise, fill in the same information you filed on your application.
  13. Marital Status: Select Common-Law. Since you are calling your sponsor as your boyfriend, I am guessing you are not married.
  14. Enter the number of family members as 2 if you have no dependents; otherwise, add 1 for each dependant of yours regardless if they are accompanying you to Canada or not.