+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application got returned

modimihir11s

Sep 20, 2022
I applied for my wife's permanent residency in August and it got returned in one month with the notation : "our office processes family class sponsorship application where the primary applicant reside in Canada" whereas my wife lives in India and I mentioned the same in form IMM1344. still it got returned and I can not see any error in any of my documents. So, I talked to IRCC agent and they told me to generate webform and explain my situation to IRCC. and they also gave me the temporary application. So, I did the same as I was instructed by IRCC agent. Now after 5 days of returning the application, I can see in the family application tracker that they received my application and they are working on it but in PR application page, it says returned application. So, what should I do ? should I wait until I get the answer from IRCC ? or should I apply again ? Where can I use that temporary number ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I applied for my wife's permanent residency in August and it got returned in one month with the notation : "our office processes family class sponsorship application where the primary applicant reside in Canada" whereas my wife lives in India and I mentioned the same in form IMM1344. still it got returned and I can not see any error in any of my documents. So, I talked to IRCC agent and they told me to generate webform and explain my situation to IRCC. and they also gave me the temporary application. So, I did the same as I was instructed by IRCC agent. Now after 5 days of returning the application, I can see in the family application tracker that they received my application and they are working on it but in PR application page, it says returned application. So, what should I do ? should I wait until I get the answer from IRCC ? or should I apply again ? Where can I use that temporary number ?
I would cohntact your MP. There seems to be a glitch in the system that is routing online outland applications to an inland office, and then rejecting them as submitted to the wrong office, where the applicant did not choose which office to submit it to (it is IRCC's error in the system).

There is another thread about this somewhere. But it needs to be fixed.