+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application got Rejected

sheraz_aries

May 28, 2015
My Sister's application ( sponsored by her husband - Canadian National ) was filed in Pakistan. After long wait she had an interview in Islamabad - Pakistan and now after 2 months she received email saying its a rejection as they are not satisfy with the documents and information provided. They believe that the marriage is not genuine. Its a shock for us as she waited so long and provided every possible document to support her application. Now she will appeal against the decision.

My Questions are:

1) Where the appeal would be filed ( Canada or Pakistan)?
2) Would it be filed by her or by her sponsor (husband - in Canada )?
3) What's the appeal process ( It would be great if somebody could explain different steps along with approximate timelines. )
4) What's the current timescale for the appeal process?

Any detail response would be really appreciated.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
sheraz_aries said:
My Sister's application ( sponsored by her husband - Canadian National ) was filed in Pakistan. After long wait she had an interview in Islamabad - Pakistan and now after 2 months she received email saying its a rejection as they are not satisfy with the documents and information provided. They believe that the marriage is not genuine. Its a shock for us as she waited so long and provided every possible document to support her application. Now she will appeal against the decision.

My Questions are:

3) What's the appeal process ( It would be great if somebody could explain different steps along with approximate timelines. )

Any detail response would be really appreciated.
It is my understanding that an appeal takes a very long time. I remember seeing some seniors advising to reapply instead of appeal.

sheraz_aries

May 28, 2015
But if she don't appeal and then file a fresh application, would it not mean that applicant accepted their decision that the marriage was not genuine. And this can creat another problem.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Join the appeals thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.5085.html

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
sheraz_aries said:
The appeal is filed in Canada by the sponsor. They should send him a letter explaining how to file an appeal with the official refusal letter. Appeals can take a long time - sometimes a two-year wait in Toronto; maybe one year in smaller centres. Reapplying instead of appealing is possible - it does not mean you agree with the decision. However, you need more and better evidence than you had for the first application. Of course, to win an appeal, you also need to get more and better evidence.

Sometimes, if the case does not seem too complicated, the Immigration Appeal Board will hold an ADR instead of a full appeal. This can be done more quickly than an appeal, but it is up to the Board to decide to do it or not. An ADR is a more informal hearing about the case.