26-10-2009
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
i need your help too
my job desription is also matched with 0213.
my job title is "director"
even my work permits also as a compnay director.
will it be fine.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
cut said:
i need your help too
my job desription is also matched with 0213.
my job title is "director"
even my work permits also as a compnay director.
will it be fine.
You get all sorts of different directors. Some directors manage firms but are more into the strategy and some will be essentially into the IT. I think if your job is into the IT part and then you should be fine.

Besides director is kind of at the end of one spectrum, analyst is at the other end. To get to director, you would have gone through the whole ranges of job. One of those jobs (provided it is in the last 10 years), will give you 0213 if director doesn't.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Job description is more important than the job title. Becuse job title may vary from organization to organization. Different organization may use different job title for same or similar job description.

For example, one organization may use a job title "Vice President, Marketing" another organization may use it as "General Manager, Marketing". In both cases job description is same or similar. If, as an example to understand, Vice President, Marketing were included in 38 NOC list, what would be for General Manager, Marketing ? Both the job titles would be elligible, as job descriptions are similar, in the case that is discussed here. Like this there are many cases where we find different job title but same or similar job description.

Thanks.

SYED

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
cut said:
hi
your job description / duties almost matched with the duties listed under 0213.Fe
many times i discuss this issue with other people that 0213 is reserve for "managers"
the key word is manager.

in 0213 there are two things:

job title

job description

both must match.

job title is more important than description.

thats what i think.

I am a teaching assistant. My title is teaching assistant. This is what masters and phd students do to pay for their tuition fees while studying. They do this as a part time work. There is even an NOC for teaching assistant. However, my duties happen to be more like a college professor despite being a teaching assistant. The college professor and TA duties are somewhat in common but there are some that are distinct. I got accepted by Sydney as a college teacher. I may still get declined by the visa office, but at Sydney they think it is okay not to have the right title (for me at least).

I think the problem is not about title. CIC clearly says that titles will be different in different company but (i think) for 0213 one must have more managerial duties, budget responsibilities, hiring and firing responsibilities, managing a division, etc. I think (and this is an assumption) that they are looking for slightly higher than middle management level (i could be wrong on this). While I say that title is not important, title can't be wildly different. For example, a manager cannot be called an intern (i am over emphasizing with that example). The title must be reasonable. That is what I think anyway. I do know of a person who after one year managed a small team of programmers, i dont think that would be 0213. of course, it would be more believable if one's job title is the same as the NOC's title.

Perhaps, we don't know enough people who have been rejected to really analyze what is most necessary, title or not. Of course, it is best to have title and duties matching but if one doesnt have title matching but duties are matching, i would say to apply. Remember applying is of low cost (provided you don't mind waiting for the refund if you are rejected).

Last thing, when job duties are similar between two NOCs (like 2173 and 0213 or teaching assistant and a college lecturer), one must really have more of the duties that pertain to the NOC that they want (like 0213 or college lecturer). If i give 10 duties and only 1 or 2 talk about managing, then it would be hard to believe that the person manages.

Also i dont really know enough about IT jobs to talk clearly on this but just giving my view.

cut

Jan 19, 2009
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Job titles may varies from one organization to another. But in case of 0213 what ever the job title is but it must smell “something like manager”
syedrahman1980 said:
Job description is more important than the job title. Becuse job title may vary from organization to organization. Different organization may use different job title for same or similar job description.

For example, one organization may use a job title "Vice President, Marketing" another organization may use it as "General Manager, Marketing". In both cases job description is same or similar. If, as an example to understand, Vice President, Marketing were included in 38 NOC list, what would be for General Manager, Marketing ? Both the job titles would be elligible, as job descriptions are similar, in the case that is discussed here. Like this there are many cases where we find different job title but same or similar job description.

Thanks.

SYED

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear cut
you are right as well.

in my example, vice president, marketing is a managerial position. job description reflects that.

thanks.

SYED

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
yep the title must be reasonable. it can't be wildly misleading.

muddi1981

May 21, 2009
i am working as a assistant manager quality control, and i chose 0911 manufacturing manager as my occupaion as in the drop down list for manufacturing manager there comes the title for quality control manager. so kindly help me and tell me that what occupation will suit me in the list of 38 titles in the main list. i am very confuse. i am working in a food industry. does that noc of 0631 resturant and food service manager suits me? kindly help

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear muddi1981
You have to work a little more. Study the job description of the jobs listed in the 38 NOC list, whether the given job description bocomes similar to your one. Choose the NOC code that best describes your job description.

good luck.

SYED

pammi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2008
Doc's Request.
17-06-2009
Med's Request
22-9-2009
Med's Done....
12-10-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5 -11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
28-1-2010
LANDED..........
landed on 24 june toronto
Hello abhishek,
Hope u must be feeling better now and start thinking positively.I am not a software person but what I understand is ur duties collided with 0213-2173.now draft ur duties again specially in manager level.If u want take any professional advice. May be some immigration lawyer can help u in this.I know it will cost but its worth at this stage.
yaar ab lag jao bas karke dikhana hai ab.
all the best
regards