+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Form IMM 5257 Question

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am helping a friend fill out her application for TRV and I have a question regarding
Application Form IMM 5257 - Page 4 of 4 under Background Information -
Question 1 section b) Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

The problem is that couple of years ago my friend applied for H-1 work visa to the United States that was denied. She didn't reapply though she had the chance. I guess she should mention it in her application. (Please correct me here if I am wrong).
My question is do you think this will affect the decision of granting her a visit visa to Canada?

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonitaellada, under that question, there is space where you can write explanation of why the H-1 visa was denied. It is very important to be honest and straight forward. I do not think American H-1 visa has anything to do with Canadian TRV application. The key thing that this question tells CIC is if someone had travelled to another country and over stayed their visa.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks largowinter for the reply. The reason they gave was that she didn't qualify for it.

Thanks O-guy. Sure she will explain the reason her visa was denied in details and hopefully that won't affect her application.

happybalasang

Jul 11, 2012
ABU DHABI
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS AUH
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
TBA
Passport Req..
TBA
VISA ISSUED...
IN GOD'S MOST PERFECT TIME
LANDED..........
Hello there!

I have concern with filling out IMM 5257B_1 form. Regarding the previous travel portion. I went for my annual leave and the airline was Singapore so I have 4hours layover on my round trip. I went out of the Singapore airport and the immigration officer stamp on my visa. It was two time they stamp, when going to Philippines and going back here in Abu Dhabi.

Should i need to mention it on the previous travel portion in IMM 5257B_1?

Thank you. :D

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happybalasang said:
Hello there!

I have concern with filling out IMM 5257B_1 form. Regarding the previous travel portion. I went for my annual leave and the airline was Singapore so I have 4hours layover on my round trip. I went out of the Singapore airport and the immigration officer stamp on my visa. It was two time they stamp, when going to Philippines and going back here in Abu Dhabi.

Should i need to mention it on the previous travel portion in IMM 5257B_1?

Thank you. :D
Better to include these - for full-disclosure of past travels. You have entered SG during your layovers and passed by Immigration checkpoints - that constitutes "travel into" the country (as opposed to transiting through SG). You can describe it in the purpose of travel as a short sight-seeing trip etc. during layovers and specify the duration in the description under purpose of travel.

happybalasang

Jul 11, 2012
ABU DHABI
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS AUH
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
TBA
Passport Req..
TBA
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ragluf said:
Better to include these - for full-disclosure of past travels. You have entered SG during your layovers and passed by Immigration checkpoints - that constitutes "travel into" the country (as opposed to transiting through SG). You can describe it in the purpose of travel as a short sight-seeing trip etc. during layovers and specify the duration in the description under purpose of travel.

thanks @ ragluf :D