+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for New adult Canadian Passport confusions. Please help

drusman1023

Jan 28, 2022
HI. I am completing application for new Canadian passport and i am confused about
1) the address history section. I went back home for about 5 months to get married and informed IRCC of when i left and returned. Do i have to add addresses of my home country where i stayed? or just the Canadian addresses? i also have a P.O address with flex canada post. can i enter a PO number for my mailing address?
2) i filled in my current address correctly but can i use a friend's address to get my mail delivered? or the mailing address has to be the same as permanent address?
3) i have had several transitioning jobs in last few years. i just got laid off recently. should i add current month till which i worked?

Kind regards, Usman

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
HI. I am completing application for new Canadian passport and i am confused about
1) the address history section. I went back home for about 5 months to get married and informed IRCC of when i left and returned. Do i have to add addresses of my home country where i stayed? or just the Canadian addresses? i also have a P.O address with flex canada post. can i enter a PO number for my mailing address?
2) i filled in my current address correctly but can i use a friend's address to get my mail delivered? or the mailing address has to be the same as permanent address?
3) i have had several transitioning jobs in last few years. i just got laid off recently. should i add current month till which i worked?

Kind regards, Usman
When in doubt, err on the side of caution; you don't want to leave anything to chance when dealing with IRCC. If you're out of the country and have your certificate of citizenship, your best bet might be to file outside the country and wait for the passport. Regarding work history, I'm not sure - I'll have to defer to people that know this matter better than I do.

drusman1023

Jan 28, 2022
HI Thanks for your kind response. I am actually in Canada and filling the application for. its just that Section 7A, i.e. addresses in last two years, is confusing me. Are they asking about my Canadian addresses (permanent/mailing) OR addresses of all the places i lived for sometime (5 months in Pakistan, for example)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
HI Thanks for your kind response. I am actually in Canada and filling the application for. its just that Section 7A, i.e. addresses in last two years, is confusing me. Are they asking about my Canadian addresses (permanent/mailing) OR addresses of all the places i lived for sometime (5 months in Pakistan, for example)
If it's historical they're asking for actual addresses.