+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for MPNP

EQFTN

Dec 9, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for my MPNP Application on December 5, 2016 as I got the LAA from the November 2016 EOI Draw

My work permit is a post graduate work permit (PGWP) which will be expiring on February 17, 2017.

My concern is that what if I do not get the MPNP nomination letter before my work permit expires, Do I have to go back to my country ?
and Can I apply to extend my work permit without the MPNP nomination letter.

So far I have done my investigation and I found that my employer does not want to extend my work permit and will not process according to LMIA (Employer Specific Work Permit) process

So what are my chances to extend my work permit and how can I stay in Canada while I am awaiting the decision on my MPNP Application

Thank You

catabao

Apr 7, 2017
Hi. I am in the same situation as you now. Have you extended your work permit and received your MPNP?

P511967

Apr 12, 2017
Hello We are in the same situation, we applied for the MPNP on October 2016 and this week we received a notification from the officer is taking our file, and after waiting for six month, my wife was told she has to find another job because according to him, the company where she works, did not offer her a full-time and long term job, although the company gave her a full-time and long term contract. The officer told us he contacted the company and asked them if they were willing to pay the compliance fee of CAD$230, the company said that they do not pay this fee and is not because they do not want, is because they do not have it in their rules. The compliance fee of CAD$ 230 is no obligatory but the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program wants the company pay the fee now, and he gave my wife until May10, 2017 to find another job.
We went to talk with Cindy Lamourex, she is MLA for Burrows and she took note of our case, I think you should try to go her office at 995 Mcphillips St and talk with her.
If you know what another thing to do, please tell us.