+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for job in Agriculture related field.

Richard@

Apr 15, 2024
Hi, am new here. I would like to apply for any job in the field of Agriculture (I hold a bachelor's degree). Any assistance is highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, am new here. I would like to apply for any job in the field of Agriculture (I hold a bachelor's degree). Any assistance is highly appreciated.
Apply for jobs on Canadian job sites like Indeed. You need a job offer and your employer needs to file for and pay $1k for a LMIA. The LMIA shows that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. For the permit, you show that you are experienced to do the job. Depending on the job requirements, you may need IELTS for language and ECA for education. Most if not all jobs posted will say that you must be a citizen, PR or a person with work authorization to apply so no point in applying for those jobs.

Richard@

Apr 15, 2024
Apply for jobs on Canadian job sites like Indeed. You need a job offer and your employer needs to file for and pay $1k for a LMIA. The LMIA shows that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. For the permit, you show that you are experienced to do the job. Depending on the job requirements, you may need IELTS for language and ECA for education. Most if not all jobs posted will say that you must be a citizen, PR or a person with work authorization to apply so no point in applying for those jobs.

Richard@

Apr 15, 2024
Thank you for the clarification. Can i make it simpler by applying through other immigration pathways according to the different provinces to stand a high chance?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the clarification. Can i make it simpler by applying through other immigration pathways according to the different provinces to stand a high chance?
If eligible, yes. Are you eligible for Express Entry? If not, then you will not be eligible for many provinces without a job offer. What provinces?

Richard@

Apr 15, 2024
If eligible, yes. Are you eligible for Express Entry? If not, then you will not be eligible for many provinces without a job offer. What provinces?

Richard@

Apr 15, 2024
Yes, i believe i am eligible. Thinking of Ontario being widely speculated for Agricultural activities and Prince Edward Island.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, i believe i am eligible. Thinking of Ontario being widely speculated for Agricultural activities and Prince Edward Island.
Don’t know your NOC. OINP focuses on IT, healthcare and trades. PEI has population of 150k and has halted immigration programs unless working in the province or have a job offer. Check the site for verification. Believe PEI focuses on healthcare and trades too. What is your NOC?

Richard@

Apr 15, 2024
Still don't know my NOC, I still need to read more, and that's why am here to seek for proper guidance like this.
So, could there be opportunities still in this sector am craving especially in other provinces?