+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Bridging the work permit

brooks37

Dec 7, 2014
Hi,
I have applied under the CEC category. I have received already my application number. I am working as a Housekeeping Supervisor in one of the hotels here in Nisku, Alberta. Now, I am trying to apply for BOWP because my work permit will expire on April 1, 2015 and I am still waiting for results from CIC. My question is, which of the following below will I choose. The CIC needs 2 of them checked.
*A work permit with the same employer
*Restoration of your status as a worker
*An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
*Temporary resident permit
I have checked the first and the second, is this correct?
My next question is under "Details of intended work in Canada" The first question says, "What type of work permit are you applying for?". I actually chose "Open Work Permit". Is this also correct?
I just wanted to make sure that these parameters are correct before proceeding and validating it myself. Can anybody help me on this one, please and thank you.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
brooks37 said:
Hi,
I have applied under the CEC category. I have received already my application number. I am working as a Housekeeping Supervisor in one of the hotels here in Nisku, Alberta. Now, I am trying to apply for BOWP because my work permit will expire on April 1, 2015 and I am still waiting for results from CIC. My question is, which of the following below will I choose. The CIC needs 2 of them checked.
My next question is under "Details of intended work in Canada" The first question says, "What type of work permit are you applying for?". I actually chose "Open Work Permit". Is this also correct?
I just wanted to make sure that these parameters are correct before proceeding and validating it myself. Can anybody help me on this one, please and thank you.
You will choose "An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer" and Open Work Permit. I am forgetting, if the type of field manual text entry, then input Bridging Open Work Permit.

As per the rules of BOWP, latest you can apply for one is in Jan 2015 or within 4 months of your permit expiry.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
brooks37 said:
Hi,
i only selected *A work permit with the same employer and got my BOWP like 6-7 weeks back.

brooks37

Dec 7, 2014
@ mesumrizvi, thank you for the info. Good to know that it will only take less than 2 months for approval if you do it thru paper. I guess it will only take days if I do it online. If you get the BOWP does that mean that I can apply for other jobs?

brooks37

Dec 7, 2014
@ maniac2403, thanks also for the info. I am working still in the same hotel, why would I choose "an initial work permit or work permit with a new employer"? That will mess up my application. I am pretty sure that they will ask about my new LMO\LMIA from the new employer.

cecorbust

Aug 19, 2014
brooks37 said:
@ maniac2403, thanks also for the info. I am working still in the same hotel, why would I choose "an initial work permit or work permit with a new employer"? That will mess up my application. I am pretty sure that they will ask about my new LMO\LMIA from the new employer.
I applied for and received my BOWP. When I applied I selected "an initial work permit or work permit with a new employer" even though I was staying at the same job. There were no issues with LMO or LMIA as the permit is an open permit.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
brooks37 said:
BOWP applications does not need an LMIA or LMO. If you don't select initial application then you will be given a closed WP. What would you prefer, an open or closed WP? Has no affect on the application other than that.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
brooks37 said:
@ mesumrizvi, thank you for the info. Good to know that it will only take less than 2 months for approval if you do it thru paper. I guess it will only take days if I do it online. If you get the BOWP does that mean that I can apply for other jobs?
BOWP is always an open work permit so yes u can switch jobs if u wish.

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi forum members,
If I am going apply for BOWP online, how do I fill employment history for the past 10 years in the application. Because I need more than 3 columns that they provided. Please advice.

Thanks.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Mississauga86 said:
Hi forum members,
If I am going apply for BOWP online, how do I fill employment history for the past 10 years in the application. Because I need more than 3 columns that they provided. Please advice.

Thanks.
You can fill another form with remaining employment history(only fill the employment section and take a print out of that sheet) and scan it along with the letter of explanation. Mention on the letter that you had added additional employment details to include past 10 years data.

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Toronto2013 said:
You can fill another form with remaining employment history(only fill the employment section and take a print out of that sheet) and scan it along with the letter of explanation. Mention on the letter that you had added additional employment details to include past 10 years data.
Thank u..