+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Filed in Buffalo...Now Planning to move

takemehome

Jan 24, 2010
Hi All,

I have submitted my documents at Sydney. And received an acknowledgement from the buffalo consulate. I have been in process for about 4 months already. I am planning to go back to india after few months . Now my question or the confusion I have is.

If I go to India and decide and not to come back to US. And I change my local consulate to Delhi how will it effect my procession which will be already in process for around 8 months by then. Please let me know.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

takemehome said:
Hi All,

I have submitted my documents at Sydney. And received an acknowledgement from the buffalo consulate. I have been in process for about 4 months already. I am planning to go back to india after few months . Now my question or the confusion I have is.

If I go to India and decide and not to come back to US. And I change my local consulate to Delhi how will it effect my procession which will be already in process for around 8 months by then. Please let me know.
If there is an interview it will be in the US, If you are accepted you will have to figure out a way to get your passport back and forth to Buffalo. It is illegal to mail/courier passport in/out of India, and Buffalo won't mail passport out their jurisdiction. Suggest you read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob180.asp

Note:

"Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons. Leaving a visa office’s territory alone does not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred and that they are required to submit a complete application to the visa office originally specified within the 120 day deadline allotted by the CIO.

PMM

PMM

takemehome

Jan 24, 2010
Thanks PMM, but i have raised the question because.. after few months i am planning to go back and currently i am in H1B... and seeing the current scenarios if i am stuck in India... in that case if i am called called for an interview can i request to have the interview at Delhi consulate... or can i request change of the visa office .....please clarify...

takemehome

Jan 24, 2010
One more question that i have in mind is ..... if my medical is asked after i leave US... can i do medical ouside US say in India and send the documents...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

takemehome said:
Thanks PMM, but i have raised the question because.. after few months i am planning to go back and currently i am in H1B... and seeing the current scenarios if i am stuck in India... in that case if i am called called for an interview can i request to have the interview at Delhi consulate... or can i request change of the visa office .....please clarify...
Nope the interview is at the office where the application is processed.

PMM