+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Fee (urgent)

Bear

Jul 18, 2008
Hi Friends.
I am currently in USA, and going to apply under Skilled worker category at Buffalo Office, USA. For myself, my wife and a newborn daughter, i believe i will have to send application fee in a money order of 550+550+150= $ 1250 Canadian Dollars. I am wondering how do i make a money order of candian dollar in USA. Can i convert this into US dollars in today's exchange rate, and send them a money order of equivalent amount in US dollars? If so, what happens if the exchange rate changes on the day they will recieve my application?
Please suggest me the right way.

Many thanks for your suggestion in advance

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Hi,

See my thread "Regarding Fee Payment". I had the same question when I applied.

Check this out

http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/main/visas/fee_schedule_us_dollars-en.asp

Regards,

AP

C

cchabert

I just went to Bank of America and buy a cashier check in American Dollars for the amount as CanadaVisa lawyer told me to do it.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
go to the buffalo website and they will tell you the going ate if you want to pay in USD...not a problem

Bear

Jul 18, 2008
AP said:
Hi,

See my thread "Regarding Fee Payment". I had the same question when I applied.

Check this out

http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/main/visas/fee_schedule_us_dollars-en.asp

Regards,

AP
Hi AP,
In the link you provided, it says i will have to pay US $ 550 each for me and my wife, and another US $ 150 for my new born daughter. But, why do i or my wife pay that high amount, since US $ 518 is enough to make Canadian $ 550 (acc. to today's exchange rate)?

Please reply

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
It doesn't really matter what the exchange rate is on the market. What matters is what Immigration SAYS you have to pay.

If their website says US $550, than that's it! It keeps things simple and prevents confusion. Imagine if CIC had to check what the interest rate was the day each of the 300,000+ applicants bought their money order! Chaοs!!!