+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application duration

Nouhaben

Nov 15, 2019
Hi,
I would like to know how much time does it take to get accepted? from the time you start the online application to going to Canada?

Nouhaben

Nov 15, 2019
No substantial evidence. Each case is unique. Just make sure to include all required docs and make best effort to include all pieces of information that you think would help the officer to make an early decision.
I see. I feel confused in this stage.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I see. I feel confused in this stage.
Why confused?

IRCC states that the AVERAGE processing time is 6 months. It could longer or shorter depending on the details of the application (e.g., travel history, civil status, country of origin, employment history, criminality). IRCC needs to review each category meticulously and also wait the results of the background check. With the covid situation, it might take longer. And you should start counting the 6 months after you IRCC completeness check (R.10) which usually coincides with the "medical passed" stage. The progress bar in your account. only shows whether your application is still within the average 6 months timeline not that it has any bearing on where IRCC is in reviewing your application.

For details just look at the first few posts in any AoR timeline threads like this: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2020-aor-join-here.686566/ -- it details out each step of the process.