+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Delayed Because of PFL - Should I Update IRCC with New LOA or Wait for PFL Decision?

humac

Oct 10, 2023
Hi All,

So my friend's application got delayed due to a PFL. Because we had to hire legal counsel to help respond to the PFL my friend's start date came and went. However, we were able to defer the start to the fall of 2024. We've submitted our response to the PFL and are waiting on IRCC's decision. We have yet to provide the updated LOA though. Should we update IRCC with the new LOA now using a web form or should we wait for a decision on the PFL and then provide it then after a decision on the PFL is made? Just don't want to delay the process further.

Regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

So my friend's application got delayed due to a PFL. Because we had to hire legal counsel to help respond to the PFL my friend's start date came and went. However, we were able to defer the start to the fall of 2024. We've submitted our response to the PFL and are waiting on IRCC's decision. We have yet to provide the updated LOA though. Should we update IRCC with the new LOA now using a web form or should we wait for a decision on the PFL and then provide it then after a decision on the PFL is made? Just don't want to delay the process further.

Regards
Your friend should update with LOA but PFL is a different review process than for a study permit. You can have the ban overturned and the study permit refused or told to reapply again. PFL can takes many months depending on reason for PFL and possible ban.

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi All,

Regards
You should update IRCC every time there is change of information during processing time. Yes, send updated LOA as soon as you can

Reactions: humac

humac

Oct 10, 2023
Our friend could update with LOA but PFL is a different review process than for a study permit. You can have the ban overturned and the study permit refused or told to reapply again. PFL can takes many months depending on reason for PFL and possible ban.
Thanks yes we understand it's a separate process and know the possible outcomes.

1) The best case scenario is they review our response and additional documents with our reasoning and they don't deem her inadmissible and she gets approved
2) The next best case is they don't deem her inadmissible but she gets refused
3) Then the worst case is they deem her inadmissible!

So I guess we should update IRCC with the latest LOA as we wait for the PFL process and hope this all get sorted before Sept 2024.

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks yes we understand it's a separate process and know the possible outcomes.

1) The best case scenario is they review our response and additional documents with our reasoning and they don't deem her inadmissible and she gets approved 2) The next best case is they don't deem her inadmissible but she gets refused
3) Then the worst case is they deem her inadmissible!

So I guess we should update IRCC with the latest LOA as we wait for the PFL process and hope this all get sorted before Sept 2024.
Thats correct. What is the reason behind PFL? If you dont mind... Inaccurate response or documentation?

humac

Oct 10, 2023
Thats correct. What is the reason behind PFL? If you dont mind... Inaccurate response or documentation?
Inaccurate response, her understanding of what occurred during her time in the US is different than what her records show. So, we had to do an FOIA request to get official documentation from the US and explain her reasoning and understanding of events and why she answered her past visa history the way she did etc. It's a bit complicated but we are hoping with the supporting documents and our legal counsel advice and submission they at least don't deem her inadmissible! Up hill battle but we are putting our best foot forward and hoping for the best...

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Inaccurate response, her understanding of what occurred during her time in the US is different than what her records show. So, we had to do an FOIA request to get official documentation from the US and explain her reasoning and understanding of events and why she answered her past visa history the way she did etc. It's a bit complicated but we are hoping with the supporting documents and our legal counsel advice and submission they at least don't deem her inadmissible! Up hill battle but we are putting our best foot forward and hoping for the best...
Understood! I think that among most popular reasons for PFL but some applicants were able to avoid inadmissibility with honest response and supporting documentations. Hope everything goes well with her application.

humac

Oct 10, 2023
Today we got the IRCC response to our PFL and it was the best-case scenario! My friend was not deemed inadmissible and her study permit was approved! We received the PPR and now need to get her passport over to IRCC :)

izza.sikander

Jun 26, 2024
afte
Today we got the IRCC response to our PFL and it was the best-case scenario! My friend was not deemed inadmissible and her study permit was approved! We received the PPR and now need to get her passport over to IRCC :)
you got response how long after the pfl ?