+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Citizenship for Minors

halopie

May 29, 2018
Okay so the document checklist asked for photocopies of my (10 year old) brother's passports,I got that. Then 2 pieces of IDs, one with his picture. I photocopied my brother's health insurance card and his permanent residence card then later knowing that pr cards will not be accepted for his application. I know that passports are accepted as IDs so does his application package need two photocopies of his passport in order to fulfill those two requirements, cause I only sent one. And does his application get sent back for having extra documents (his pr card). Thanks

Wondergirl

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Sk
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
Citizenship 31/10/2917
AOR Received.
12/14/2017
Okay so the document checklist asked for photocopies of my (10 year old) brother's passports,I got that. Then 2 pieces of IDs, one with his picture. I photocopied my brother's health insurance card and his permanent residence card then later knowing that pr cards will not be accepted for his application. I know that passports are accepted as IDs so does his application package need two photocopies of his passport in order to fulfill those two requirements, cause I only sent one. And does his application get sent back for having extra documents (his pr card). Thanks
Why the Pr card is not acceptable?? I submitted my son heathcard plus pr card photo copy of his passport and its fine he is going for oath with me in Thursday

halopie

May 29, 2018
Why the Pr card is not acceptable?? I submitted my son heathcard plus pr card photo copy of his passport and its fine he is going for oath with me in Thursday
There's a note that says so.
  1. Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:
    • school record
    • health insurance card
    If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:
    • a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
    • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
    Format: Clear and legible photocopy

Note: You cannot use your child’s permanent resident card as identification.

Wondergirl

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Sk
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
Citizenship 31/10/2917
AOR Received.
12/14/2017
So use passport and heathcard

halopie

May 29, 2018
I already sent our application and found out later that pr cards are not accepted.
I just want to know if only one copy of his passport will be needed to fulfill two of the requirements (1.Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Documents of the child and 2.Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification)

If you dont mind me asking, how long did your application take to be approved? And was it not returned when you sent PR cards for identification?

siva_varma

Aug 3, 2016
Hi,

I am going to apply citizenship for myself and my daughter this week. I have only one question regarding my daughter's application (CIT 0003) that should I fill "Use of a Representative Form" for her as I am helping filling her application on behalf of her?

I see that form listed under "Step 2 Complete the Application" (Must be filled docs section) as per below link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html#CIT0003E5

Please suggest. This is the only question that stopping me from submitting our app.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi,

I am going to apply citizenship for myself and my daughter this week. I have only one question regarding my daughter's application (CIT 0003) that should I fill "Use of a Representative Form" for her as I am helping filling her application on behalf of her?

I see that form listed under "Step 2 Complete the Application" (Must be filled docs section) as per below link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html#CIT0003E5

Please suggest. This is the only question that stopping me from submitting our app.
Representatives are paid professionals who take care of your application for you or help you with the process. You don't need it for your daughter's application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/learn-about-representatives.html

siva_varma

Aug 3, 2016
And, one last question... My daughter is just 5 years old, so I needn't sign in 12 section under "Children (14 years of age and older) must also sign this application" box, correct? Because I have signed under "Parent's/Guardian's Signature" box