+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application being returned, please help, i need some advice.

seventeen5552

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 30, 2013
oh, man!! i just got the return from VO saying that I am missing a form, i am very disappointed with them now. In steady of asking me to submit the form only, they asked me to re-submit the whole application.

Now I have a question. I got my police certificate on Sep 12. the first time I submitted the application was Nov 28. now that they return my whole application, if I re-submit now my police certificate will be expired(6-10 days more than 3 months). Anyone have a idea about if I need to get a new one? or can still use the same one?

I lived in Calgary, my country's embassy is in Vancouver or Toronto. it will take me $400 flying back and forth there, then spending hotel fees to stay for 5 days to wait for the police certificate. oh, man. it will cost me about $1200 just to get a new police certificate that has expired the 3-months period on Dec 12. I am really frustrated.

Please help.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: delivery being returned, please help, i need some advice.

seventeen5552 said:
oh, man!! i just got the return from VO saying that I am missing a form, i am very disappointed with them now. In steady of asking me to submit the form only, they asked me to re-submit the whole application.

Now I have a question. I got my police certificate on Sep 12. the first time I submitted the application was Nov 28. now that they return my whole application, if I re-submit now my police certificate will be expired(6-10 days more than 3 months). Anyone have a idea about if I need to get a new one? or can still use the same one?

I lived in Calgary, my country's embassy is in Vancouver or Toronto. it will take me $400 flying back and forth there, then spending hotel fees to stay for 5 days to wait for the police certificate. oh, man. it will cost me about $1200 just to get a new police certificate that has expired the 3-months period on Dec 12. I am really frustrated.

Please help.
What were you missing?

seventeen5552

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 30, 2013

the additional family form.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Where are you from? Any way you can order it online? Because I think you do need a new one because you have to look at it as if you are submitting your files for the first time, so your old PCC would be expired.

seventeen5552

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 30, 2013

I am from Malaysia. there is no way I can get it thru online or mail or without going in person. I have emailed or call the embassy. even I go there and apply in person. i still have to go back to there to pick up in person. I can't make arrangement to receive it in the mail. :-[ :-[ :-[

Anmed

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-December-2012
AOR Received.
6-Feb-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
20th March 2014
Passport Req..
4th April 2014 and received on 9 th April at CPPO
VISA ISSUED...
9th April and 15 April received passport to home
LANDED..........
16th April @ Peace Arch bridge, Whiterock, BC
Generally the PC is valid for one year not 6months, This is mentioned in the checklist.
See the document below in 10th column.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf
All the best

seventeen5552

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 30, 2013
hi ahmed, thank you for reply. you are right, i just re-looked at the checklist. it is saying one year. however, now it makes me more confused, as it says "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. " in the instruction guide referring to the police certificate section.

so one year? or three months?

Thank you.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It says "1 year" on the checklist but it often misguides people. It's valid for 1 year once it's in the possession of the Visa Office. But the Police Certificate itself can't be more than 3 months from the date it's issued to the date they receive your application. I called CIC and confirmed this with them. So your initial thoughts were correct.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
seventeen5552 said:

Um... you mean it was returned by CIO-Sydney, right, NOT a visa office? (CIO-Sydney is not a visa office, they only do intake for CEC applications)

They always return the whole package and ask you to resubmit. Go ahead and resubmit everything, including the PCC and a photocopy of the letter from CIO-Sydney.

They may or may not want an updated PCC (it was valid when you originally submitted), but you can deal with that later.

seventeen5552

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 30, 2013
I guess I have a misunderstand about Visa office and CIO-Sydney. thanks for explain, Jen

I jut got off the phone with the caller centre. I guess I have no option if I don't want my application to be returned the second time.

Thank you for all of your advice!

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seventeen5552,

i also faced same situation , but i have submitted the old PCC. by the time my application reaches to sydney my PCC cross 3 months.(3months 1 day ).

still my payment has been processed and got file no.

While processing my application ,VO may ask to resubmit my PCC.

Good luck.

Please note that PCC is not mandatory doc while submitting PR application.