Applicants who had worked in the Middle East

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This thread for people who had worked in the Middle East, Gulf countries (Kuwait, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Muscat, Bahrain). Please share your experiences, did you get an RQ?, if yes, then why?

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
I had a citizenship test/interview on 4th November. I took my work papers -T4 slips, NOA, Health records,UAE entry/Exit report through a friend who was living previously in the UAE. Officer at the interview was not interested to look at my documents that proof residency in Canada except for the entry/exit report.
I showed him the original entry/exit report from UAE but he insisted on attesting the report from the UAE embassy in Ottawa and gave me the new small RQ on the spot called "CIT 0520" and checked in the RQ at the box near "Entry/Exit report" and asked em to submit this document attested within 45 days or else my file would be delayed.This is a copy of the new RQ I got at the link below copy and paste in browser

residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit_520-e.pdf

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toshib said:
I had a citizenship test/interview on 4th November. I took my work papers -T4 slips, NOA, Health records,UAE entry/Exit report through a friend who was living previously in the UAE. Officer at the interview was not interested to look at my documents that proof residency in Canada except for the entry/exit report.
I showed him the original entry/exit report from UAE but he insisted on attesting the report from the UAE embassy in Ottawa and gave me the new small RQ on the spot called "CIT 0520" and checked in the RQ at the box near "Entry/Exit report" and asked em to submit this document attested within 45 days or else my file would be delayed.This is a copy of the new RQ I got at the link below copy and paste in browser

Hi Toshib,

Did the officer give you another appointment? or did he just say that you have to submit the information within 45 days?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Ahmad

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Hi Ahmed,

Officer gave me a small document that looks like RQ, it is called CIT 0520 -''Request for Documentary Evidence of Residence in Canada". He checked on the box in the document that is beside "Entry/exit records" and asked me to send the document cit 0520 attached with the entry/exit record from UAE translated and attested from UAE foreign affairs.

I am going to check if my former employer will do it for me
He asked me to submit the travel record within 45 days by mail.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did he give you information about how much time that would take to process?

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
toshib said:

Thank you for sharing your experience . This is not the first time I have seen people getting RQs/mini RQs due to exit entry records from UAE . However , I am yet to see even a single applicant to receive RQ due to any issue with exit/entry records with other ME countries .

Guys please correct me if I am wrong .Besides , anyone who got RQ due to a non UAE exit/entry records , please share your experience

Thanks

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
This thread for people who had worked in the Middle East, Gulf countries (Kuwait, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Muscat, Bahrain). Please share your experiences, did you get an RQ?, if yes, then why?
work and live in dubai for 9 years landed immigrant in 2010, file our application November 2013, RQ'd February 2014, Citizen October 2014.

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Guys,
Exit/Entry report from UAE is required if you came to Canada from UAE??? In my case I came from Saudi Arabia before coming to Canada. But before Saudi I was in Dubai for 2 years. In my case, do I need to provide the exit/entry report for Saudi or UAE or both? Any idea how to get report from Saudi...?

ALso does the exit/entry stamps from Saudi with certified translation is not enough? Is the report a must? Please share your experiences.

I got RQ and currently collecting the documents....

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
I worked in Dubai prior to my move to Canada and have been visiting twice a year in the last 4 years. I have applied for citizenship last May and still waiting. In my application, I've already included a entry/exit report (not attested from the UAE embassy in Ottawa though).

I haven't received an RQ yet and not looking forward to receiving one however, from the trend I'm seeing, I won't be surprised if I do...

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Be positive our prayers to you and hope you dont get RQ. I personally feel that it all depends on the particular moment luck officer mood your instant documentary proof confidence and body language.

PalCan said:
I worked in Dubai prior to my move to Canada and have been visiting twice a year in the last 4 years. I have applied for citizenship last May and still waiting. In my application, I've already included a entry/exit report (not attested from the UAE embassy in Ottawa though).

I haven't received an RQ yet and not looking forward to receiving one however, from the trend I'm seeing, I won't be surprised if I do...

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
Be positive our prayers to you and hope you dont get RQ. I personally feel that it all depends on the particular moment luck officer mood your instant documentary proof confidence and body language.

Thanks!

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
PALCAN It depends not everyone from UAE would be required to get entry/exit report or attest it, it all depends on the officer and his/her view.I have seen two applicants from UAE who got the oath on spot the day I did the test,they weren't asked to provide the UAE travel report,however it is highly recommended to get that travel report to be in the safe side in case they asked for it.