+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

##### Applicants VO Vienna please join #####

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Today, eCAS appeared in a totally new look:

Outside, it now shows both my former address, and also my new Canadian address with the status "Complete".

On the inside, a fifth line as been added:
5. You entered Canada at the POE xxx office on July 16, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

icebearius

Jul 20, 2014
Hello everyone,

The official processing time for a temporary resident visa for Vienna visa office is 36 days. Please, post your personal experience.

Vitalia

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
YodaAtCanada said:
Ca7r10na, thank you very much, I am convinced that soon I will congratulate you as well.
I think they are diligently trying to process all application within one year from the date applications were received in Vienna VO.

Vitalia did you succeeded to obtain all documentation necessary?

Cheers!
Yes I think I did. :) Even though they did not issue me the print-out for paid insurance by my employer, they issued me a Certificate stating that my insurance has been paid by my employer. I also managed to get a written explanation as to why they no longer issue this document. In my cover letter I explained everything and left them number from the Head of the department if they wish to confirm the above.

So today I am waiting for DHL to pick up my package, hoping for the best. :D

Lucky_mkd

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sent CIO 30.01.2014 AOR CIO 02.03.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August :)
Everyone is slipping :(

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Lucky_mkd said:
Everyone is slipping :(
I'm starting to become anxious... MR more than 6 weeks ago, medical done more than 4 weeks ago, and no RPRF. I hope they aren't on vacation until September or so... :(

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2014 Citizenship.......: 07-12-2018
BC2013 said:
Today, eCAS appeared in a totally new look:

Outside, it now shows both my former address, and also my new Canadian address with the status "Complete".

On the inside, a fifth line as been added:
5. You entered Canada at the POE xxx office on July 16, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.
BC, congratulations!! ;)
Your next step (line 6 :) ) is to gain citizenship! :)

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
Dear friends,

Please excuse my absence, I was busy in recent days.
So let me share my experiences with you.
After I payed RPRF, I sent them confirmation of our mailing address as well as official payment receipt.
Additionally I informed them that we would like to come personally for "same day service" and asked them can we plan a trip.
They answered very quickly so we decided to make a little excursion to Vienna.
After rethinking we decided not to drive both directions in same day so we took hotel, we found discount, good price for only 43€.
Hotel was less than 10 km away from Canadian embassy
http://goo.gl/CuVtUW
This turned out as perfect decision since we found nearby street parking place, and since we arrived in 8PM, parking was free of charge.
Regardless of parking zone, street parking is tolled from 09:00-19:00
The funny thing happened when we arrived and parked car. As I removed mobile/gps from docking I saw that mail arrived from viennaimmigration saying that they thank me for information provided and that they will send our COPR's by mail within next few days :D

Anyway, next morning we got breakfast in hotel (it was in price) and went to embassy. We found parking garage in PraterStrasse http://goo.gl/fGsYFo charging 3€ per hour.
Embassy is really close, we just crossed the bridge and there was nice Canadian flag in Laurenzerberg street.
When you enter building you neet to go in elevator and embassy is on 2'nd or 3'rd floor (sorry I'm not sure anymore).
Now in elevator I found myself with really fast beating heart, don't know why :)
When you exit elevator security guy waits. You just tell him that you arrived to pick up COPR and he says no problem.
You will leave your mobile phones in locker and after you pass through security passage security guy will usher you into waiting room. Take the number and wait for your turn.
It was around 9 AM and there was 6 people in front of us. Now I understand why they don't allow to call them and speak with "person" over phone. Man, these guys there was so unprepared. Most of them was there for TRV visa but they had missing documents. One guy asked for TRV visa for him, his wife and two children but only had papers for one child!?
And of course, nice lady tried to explain him that she can't accept this application, giving him instructions and so on... and he spend at least 20 minutes.
After while it was our turn, and everything went smooth and fast. In first iteration lady took out passports and RPRF receipt. After minute she came back and said that we should come around 3 PM, telling us that everything will be done but before we leave just to sit few more minutes to issue letter for us immediately.
Few minutes later she called us again and said, to wait for a while, we will be immediately done with complete process since we don't need to get visa affixed in passports (we are from visa exempt country).
And than she called us third time and gave us our COPR's and enclosing letter. She said we should sit and check everything. If all information are correct we are finished.
Very nice and kind lady.
We were done and left embassy around 10:00-10:30
And that's it, than we went in Vienna site seeing and later on in shopping complex on Vienna exit.

Today I checked eCAS and obviously during weekend third line appeared - Decision Made.

Ca7r10na and Vitallia, I hope you are next!
Is there any movement in your process?

botreconhp

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
YodaAtCanada said:
Dear friends,

After I payed RPRF, I sent them confirmation of our mailing address as well as official payment receipt.
Additionally I informed them that we would like to come personally for "same day service" and asked them can we plan a trip.
After rethinking we decided not to drive both directions in same day so we took hotel, we found discount, good price for only 43€.
This turned out as perfect decision since we found nearby street parking place, and since we arrived in 8PM, parking was free of charge.
The funny thing happened when we arrived and parked car. As I removed mobile/gps from docking I saw that mail arrived from viennaimmigration saying that they thank me for information provided and that they will send our COPR's by mail within next few days :D

Anyway, next morning we got breakfast in hotel (it was in price) and went to embassy. We found parking garage in PraterStrasse http://goo.gl/fGsYFo charging 3€ per hour.
Embassy is really close, we just crossed the bridge and there was nice Canadian flag in Laurenzerberg street.
When you enter building you neet to go in elevator and embassy is on 2'nd or 3'rd floor (sorry I'm not sure anymore).
Now in elevator I found myself with really fast beating heart, don't know why :)
When you exit elevator security guy waits. You just tell him that you arrived to pick up COPR and he says no problem.
You will leave your mobile phones in locker and after you pass through security passage security guy will usher you into waiting room. Take the number and wait for your turn.
It was around 9 AM and there was 6 people in front of us. Now I understand why they don't allow to call them and speak with "person" over phone. Man, these guys there was so unprepared. Most of them was there for TRV visa but they had missing documents. One guy asked for TRV visa for him, his wife and two children but only had papers for one child!?
And of course, nice lady tried to explain him that she can't accept this application, giving him instructions and so on... and he spend at least 20 minutes.
After while it was our turn, and everything went smooth and fast. In first iteration lady took out passports and RPRF receipt. After minute she came back and said that we should come around 3 PM, telling us that everything will be done but before we leave just to sit few more minutes to issue letter for us immediately.
Few minutes later she called us again and said, to wait for a while, we will be immediately done with complete process since we don't need to get visa affixed in passports (we are from visa exempt country).
And than she called us third time and gave us our COPR's and enclosing letter. She said we should sit and check everything. If all information are correct we are finished.
Very nice and kind lady.
And that's it, than we went in Vienna site seeing and later on in shopping complex on Vienna exit.

Today I checked eCAS and obviously during weekend third line appeared - Decision Made.

Big congras! enjoyable time and plan for landing!

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
YodaAtCanada said:
Dear friends,

Very nice and kind lady.

Congrats Yoda! I am doing the same tomorrow, since I GOT MY RPRF finally today!

Just a question to you, or anyone who may know the answer: can I go alone, bringing the passports of my family members with me, to pick up CoPR for all of us? I am the principal applicant. What do you think?

Good luck to everyone, Vienna is awesome this year!

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
oszi said:
Congrats Yoda! I am doing the same tomorrow, since I GOT MY RPRF finally today!

Just a question to you, or anyone who may know the answer: can I go alone, bringing the passports of my family members with me, to pick up RPRF for all of us? I am the principal applicant. What do you think?

Good luck to everyone, Vienna is awesome this year!
oszi, thank you and congratulations to you too!!! :D :D

Yes, I think you can do it alone.
When I handed our passports to the lady, my wife was sitting in waiting room corner so lady didn't know that she is with me.
Lady only asked me for second passport "is this your wife" and I replied "yes" without telling her that she is sitting near by. If she asked I would tell her of course :)

Besides if you are from visa exempt country they don't even ask you for passports and after you pay RPRF they send you COPR by ordinary mail. BC got his COPR by post.
I guess that means they don't need to see you in person :)
But please, double check this info before you hit the road...

Keep us informed how was your experience in Vienna :D

Cheers and have a nice trip!

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
YodaAtCanada said:
oszi, thank you and congratulations to you too!!! :D :D

Yes, I think you can do it alone.
When I handed our passports to the lady, my wife was sitting in waiting room corner so lady didn't know that she is with me.
Lady only asked me for second passport "is this your wife" and I replied "yes" without telling her that she is sitting near by. If she asked I would tell her of course :)

Besides if you are from visa exempt country they don't even ask you for passports and after you pay RPRF they send you COPR by ordinary mail. BC got his COPR by post.
I guess that means they don't need to see you in person :)
But please, double check this info before you hit the road...

Keep us informed how was your experience in Vienna :D

Cheers and have a nice trip!
Thank you, that was useful information. I am from a visa exempt country (Budapest, Hungary actually), so I only need the CoPRs, which I know they would send by mail, but the sooner I have it in my hands, the better. :) And I have my airplane tickets for the 12th, so I have to have them by that time.

I'll tell you about my experience with same day service, but probably it'll be the same as yours.

Ca7r10na

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YodaAtCanada said:
Dear friends,

Very nice and kind lady.

Congratulations Yoda! Great news and so quick from medicals! Oszi - congratulations to you too!

Who can I live vicariously through now...?

Vitalia

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
Yoda and Oszi my biggest congratulation to both of you!!! :)

My additional documents were received by Vienna on July, 23th. I hope that I will receive MR in the next couple of weeks. :)

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Vitalia said:
Yoda and Oszi my biggest congratulation to both of you!!! :)

My additional documents were received by Vienna on July, 23th. I hope that I will receive MR in the next couple of weeks. :)
Thank you!

By the way I am here in Vienna, and I wasn't as lucky as Yoda, they asked me to come back at 3 P.M. ...

Vitalia

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
oszi said:
Thank you!

By the way I am here in Vienna, and I wasn't as lucky as Yoda, they asked me to come back at 3 P.M. ...
Just relax, you've waited for more than a year, what is few more hours ;)