18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Hi,

This is in regards to filling out the PCC application. I have a few concerns in filling out the application. Appreciate if someone could help me out on this. The link to the application form is given below:

https://www.police.lk/images/clearence/clearance_application.pdf

1. What is the country of the Embassy/High Commission to which the clearance certificate would be handed over (no. 8 in the application)
2. What is the reference of the high commission/embassy/consulate? (no. 9 in the application)
3. What is the High Commission/Embassy/Consulate Name (Addressee & the Name of the authority):? (no. 10 in the application)
4. Address the police clearance certificate need to be sent (no. 25 in the application)

Looking forward to this as I understand that the PCC needs to be filled properly in order to get it issued as soon as possible

Thanks in Advance!!!
Please find below answers for your questions...
Question 8: Sri Lanka (This is your residence country)
Question 9: I didn't remember what exactly I entered for this one...Will come back to you if I found anything...
Question 10: Please use the same address which I told you before. (i.e. The Case Officer, Case Processing Centre, Immigration Refugees Citizenship of Canada (IRCC), Canada.
Question 25: Please use the same address which I told you before. (i.e. The Case Officer, Case Processing Centre, Immigration Refugees Citizenship of Canada (IRCC), Canada

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Hi,

This is in regards to filling out the PCC application. I have a few concerns in filling out the application. Appreciate if someone could help me out on this. The link to the application form is given below:

https://www.police.lk/images/clearence/clearance_application.pdf

1. What is the country of the Embassy/High Commission to which the clearance certificate would be handed over (no. 8 in the application)
2. What is the reference of the high commission/embassy/consulate? (no. 9 in the application)
3. What is the High Commission/Embassy/Consulate Name (Addressee & the Name of the authority):? (no. 10 in the application)
4. Address the police clearance certificate need to be sent (no. 25 in the application)

Looking forward to this as I understand that the PCC needs to be filled properly in order to get it issued as soon as possible

Thanks in Advance!!!
Please fill the details using online application.
Regarding Question 9, there is a drop down appears when you are filling the application online. I have entered the value as "Other" for this question. Hope this helps...

Rocky1998

Oct 28, 2018
I'd recommend taking IELTS classes from British Council as it is very useful and the lessons are strictly focused towards the exam
criteria

If you need to improve your writing, please refer to the following book "Barron's Writing for the IELTS"
It helps get a main idea on how to score a band 7 and it has helped me a lot.
Practice the sample essays and you should have no problem in scoring a 7 band in writing.
As always please make sure to plan your essay (5-10 mints) before writing
@ prashanfernando
Thank you very much for the advice.

Rocky1998

Oct 28, 2018
I had experiences of doing IELTS both BC and ACBT..Both in their Kandy branches...But, I didn't follow any classes..However, I went for a workshop conducted by ACBT just before the exam. It was a 3 day one and cost me around 8000 LKR. I must say it was a really good one..Even, BS was also not bad..I did IELTS exams there just for a change, and to increase my marks. ( to get 8 each for each of the modules)

I have referred mostly the online materials and the recommended Cambridge Books. And also used the booklet given by both BC and ACBT at the time of registration...When it comes to writing, you'll need to practice and it's better if you have someone to work with you. The person should NOT has to be a teacher, but a friend who has a good knowledge, and can correct your papers...And also, please be mindful on paragraphing, grammar, spellings etc. Sometimes, that will be the difference between 6.5 and 7.0..
@Heshan

Thank you very much for the advice..

Rocky1998

Oct 28, 2018
Do you know about a good agent in Sri Lanka who supports in Canada immigration, especially to get a provincial nomination.

Because most of the agents go through the easy route. If we go with good IELTS results, they except the application. But they do not try for provincial nomination if the scores are less for CRS due to any reason.

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Do you know about a good agent in Sri Lanka who supports in Canada immigration, especially to get a provincial nomination.

Because most of the agents go through the easy route. If we go with good IELTS results, they except the application. But they do not try for provincial nomination if the scores are less for CRS due to any reason.
Actually even if you opt for PNP, consultants would still charge a hefty amount to proceed with your application.
I would recommend first to go through all the PNP programs offered by Canada and see which is the most suitable for you based on your education, occupation etc...
Unlike FSW, PNP process is slow as the province needs to open invitations. And also you need to open an EE profile in order for the province to nominate you for a PNP. What is your CRS score at the moment?

Rocky1998

Oct 28, 2018
Thanks Prashan for the response.

I get CRS score of 365 (Without adding spouse, I selected that I am not brining my spouse with me)

But when I add y wife with IELTS results that she can get it comes to about 349.

Do you thing that I will be able to get PNP.

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Thanks Prashan for the response.

I get CRS score of 365 (Without adding spouse, I selected that I am not brining my spouse with me)

But when I add y wife with IELTS results that she can get it comes to about 349.

Do you thing that I will be able to get PNP.
You may be able to as certain programs nominate PNP's with CRS scores from 350 onwards but it would take time to get a nomination unlike the general express entry FSW method (general cutoff CRS>440). If you could put some effort into IELTS with practice and get a CLB9, I'm pretty sure your CRS score would increase significantly. Try PNP as a Plan B. Even to make a PNP you need to have an express entry profile. For example the following link shows the requirements in order to get a PNP from Ontario. It maybe worth a try.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_WHO.html

Rocky1998

Oct 28, 2018
You may be able to as certain programs nominate PNP's with CRS scores from 350 onwards but it would take time to get a nomination unlike the general express entry FSW method (general cutoff CRS>440). If you could put some effort into IELTS with practice and get a CLB9, I'm pretty sure your CRS score would increase significantly. Try PNP as a Plan B. Even to make a PNP you need to have an express entry profile. For example the following link shows the requirements in order to get a PNP from Ontario. It maybe worth a try.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_WHO.html
Thank you very much Prashan for your time and advice.

Gamage

Sep 18, 2018
Do we need experience letters / EPF records / bank statements / salary slips for the work experience that we are not going to claim points.
Any one had such experience.

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Please find below answers for your questions...
Question 8: Sri Lanka (This is your residence country)
Question 9: I didn't remember what exactly I entered for this one...Will come back to you if I found anything...
Question 10: Please use the same address which I told you before. (i.e. The Case Officer, Case Processing Centre, Immigration Refugees Citizenship of Canada (IRCC), Canada.
Question 25: Please use the same address which I told you before. (i.e. The Case Officer, Case Processing Centre, Immigration Refugees Citizenship of Canada (IRCC), Canada
Thanks Heshan for the feedback.

Just to clarify, In question 25 isn't it supposed to be my residential address?

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks Heshan for the feedback.

Just to clarify, In question 25 isn't it supposed to be my residential address?
Hi Prashan,
Please use the online form to fill the data instead of this one.
https://eservices.police.lk/ClearanceCertificate/home.action

In that form, there are 2 questions like below...

Indicate address of High Commission/Embassy/Consulate to which the certificate should be addressed to:
Answer:
The Case Officer, Case Processing Centre, Immigration Refugees Citizenship of Canada (IRCC), Canada.

Indicate the address the police clearance certificate should be posted to:
Answer:
Your residential address. (They will post you the certificate within 14 working days)

Rocky1998

Oct 28, 2018
Can you please let me know about any agent in Sri Lanka who provides assistance in getting PNPs. Most agents do not do this. And it is really hard to keep trust on them.