Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
phd-2014-nov said:
Hi all,

I got my PPR today and I want to share my status with you guys.

My timeline:

App received: Nov 10 2014

PER: Feb 3 2015

Med Req: May 12 2015

Med result received: May 23 2015

PPR: July 20 2015

Wish you the best of luck.

By the way, my Study Permit expires at the end of August. Do you think I should apply for Study Permit or I would have enough time to potentially land before my study permit expires? Any suggestion?
Congratulation to you and +1.

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
I noticed that they have updated the landing page for application status check and it is stated that your application status gets updated only on "Tuesdays".

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
phd-2014-nov said:
Hi all,

My timeline:

By the way, my Study Permit expires at the end of August. Do you think I should apply for Study Permit or I would have enough time to potentially land before my study permit expires? Any suggestion?
Congrats and +1. Do you mind sharing your nationality?

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
Hi Guys,

I want to share my landing experience with you all. I did my inland landing at Ottawa CIC office. Everything went fine. It took about 10 mins to finish everything. Officer (she) did not ask anything except 2 photos (it has to be according to PR Card specification and taken by a commercial photographer, there should be a stamp on the back of the photos with date) and driving license for the address confirmation to send PR card.

CIC agent said that it will open at 10 am but I was there at 9:15 am and looking for a washroom, security guard caught me and ask why I was there. I explained him for landing and he took the CoPR and showed the washroom inside the CIC office. It was funny. But I got to know that they start at 9 am. :p

It is on every odd Tuesday. So, it is a better option for those who can wait for few days to do landing (at least there is no flagpooling in US side). There was bit (1 hour) of waiting on queue. But it passed very fast, because we enjoyed different kind of funny people with different problems :p

Overall, my landing was VERY good.

Hope this helps for people who are thinking of landing.

Good luck for those who are waiting for MR, PPR and PP back.
And thank you for all who help me directly and indirectly throughout the process. You guys are awesome.
Thanks.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phd-2014-nov said:
Hi all,

My timeline:

Congrats! Do you see decision made in your online e-cas now?

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
nice! congratulations! :)

richard1234 said:
Hi Guys,

I want to share my landing experience with you all. I did my inland landing at Ottawa CIC office. Everything went fine. It took about 10 mins to finish everything. Officer (she) did not ask anything except 2 photos (it has to be according to PR Card specification and taken by a commercial photographer, there should be a stamp on the back of the photos with date) and driving license for the address confirmation to send PR card.

CIC agent said that it will open at 10 am but I was there at 9:15 am and looking for a washroom, security guard caught me and ask why I was there. I explained him for landing and he took the CoPR and showed the washroom inside the CIC office. It was funny. But I got to know that they start at 9 am. :p

It is on every odd Tuesday. So, it is a better option for those who can wait for few days to do landing (at least there is no flagpooling in US side). There was bit (1 hour) of waiting on queue. But it passed very fast, because you enjoy different kind of funny people with different problems :p

And thank you for all who help me directly and indirectly throughout the process. You guys are awesome.
Thanks.

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
Congrats ;D ;D

Based on what you mentioned in your post you should be employed outside Canada. I have not seen any option for education outside Canada.
Call CIC and ask them to be safe.

Have you received your PR Card?
Did you landed in an Airport, border or CIC office?

Good Luck

myriam said:
Hello everybody,

I finally received my PR.
This is my timeline:
- Application received: November 15, 2013.
- CC/BD encashed:Jan 13, 2014
- PER issued: Jan. 20, 2014
- Started processing application: October 30, 2014.
- RPRF Request: November 3, 2014
- Medical request: November 3, 2014
- Medical results have been received: Nov. 17, 2014
- Confirmation of permanent residence: March 12, 2015
- I landed in Canada on July 8, 2015

Since I am working as an Assistant Professor at a University in my country of origin - where I signed a three-year contract - but I am still enrolled in the PhD program in Canada, I was wondering whether option 2 of "Appendix A: Residency obligation" could apply to me to keep the PR status. Option 2 states that "You may count each day you were employed outside Canada if your employment meets the following requirements: you are an employee of, or under contract to, a Canadian business or the public service of Canada or of a province or territory and as a term of your employment or contract, you are assigned on a full-time basis to:a position outside Canada; an affiliated enterprise outside Canada or a client of the Canadian business or the public service outside Canada. My University would be willing to sponsor me and say that this period of time spent abroad is considered as a part of my PhD program.

Can anybody provide advice? Thank you very much :)

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
richard1234 said:
Hi Guys,

It is on every odd Tuesday. So, it is a better option for those who can wait for few days to do landing (at least there is no flagpooling in US side). There was bit (1 hour) of waiting on queue. But it passed very fast, because we enjoyed different kind of funny people with different problems :p

Thanks.
Congrats man. You finally made it :)

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
richard1234 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Congrats :) :) ;)

Did the officer ask for employment letter or bank statement?

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
Saph said:
Congrats :) :) ;)

Did the officer ask for employment letter or bank statement?
Hi Saph, Thanks.

No other documents were asked except CoPR (given to guard at the door), 2 photos, Passport, and driving license (for address verification). I did not see other officers ask to anyone. It's worth to prepare bank statements and employment letter just for in case (what I did too). But it looks like they do not ask. I also read information from other blogs, they said the same thing.

Hope this helps you. Good luck.

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
Congrats :D ;D
Why they asked for photo?
I landed in a border and they did not asked for photo.

richard1234 said:
Hi Saph, Thanks.

No other documents were asked except CoPR (given to guard at the door), 2 photos, Passport, and driving license (for address verification). I did not see other officers ask to anyone. It's worth to prepare bank statements and employment letter just for in case (what I did too). But it looks like they do not ask. I also read information from other blogs, they said the same thing.

Hope this helps you. Good luck.