09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Dear all,

Is it normal that I got PER on Jan 12th but no AOR yet.....

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
anthgrad said:
Hi blackrock! I got PPR same day as you, mine reached them on the 19th and there is still no news from Canada post. I would know when they post my return envelop. Please let us know when you hear anything.
Hi anthgrad,

I was also pp requested on Feb 13th. Mine reached there on 18th. But the return tracking number is not activated yet!

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Saph said:
Hello every body

My study permit going to be expired the end of March.going to apply for a new one. I noticed the document checklist has been changed. A medical exam proof is required for study permit application.
It is said we need to have information sheet or medical exam report (IMM 1017E)!
I do not the report which was filled by the doctor. I just have the information sheet which the Dr gave me before going to hospital for X-ray and blood test! Does it work?
I appreciate if anybody has recently applied for study permit, share his or her information.
Thank you very much
One of my friends applied for work permit recently and he went to his doctor and got the duplicate copy of his medical (he did it for immigration).

Habib2012

Dec 13, 2012
URGENT !! Need for help

I received pass request on Feb 6th, and sent my passport from US (I am currently in the US) by USPS courier according to the instructions in the email and included a prepaid shipping label from Canada Post (I bought online and printed). I did not include extra envelop as it was not instructed. According to USPS tracking my package is delivered on Feb 19th but I have not heard from CIC. Also the shipping label is not activated yet. Now something emergency happened and I need my passport in 7 days!!!!

1- How long usually takes for them to stamp the visa and send it back?
2- I read here that some say we should never use any courier except Canada post, can you tell me why? Do you think my passport is not delivered ?
3- Do you think the fact that I did not include an extra envelop can cause a problem?

Ahhhh, I am so frustrated, is there any way I can contact them to see if they have my passport and if they are going to send it back soon?

Thanks

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Dark_Diamond said:
One of my friends applied for work permit recently and he went to his doctor and got the duplicate copy of his medical (he did it for immigration).
Thank you! Do you know if i can apply for study permit and work permit at the same time? I dont have any job offer yet, though.

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Saph said:
Thank you! Do you know if i can apply for study permit and work permit at the same time? I dont have any job offer yet, though.
This is a very tricky question and actually I called CIC for it about 6 month ago. The agent who talked to me were not sure about the answer, so he reported to his supervisor, after 10 minutes meeting, they gave me an answer. However, I will not 100% trust them.

The answer from CIC is:

The momonet you recieve the work permit, your study permit will be withdrawn, except one condition------you are holding a LMIA, then you can have both study permit and work permit.

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
TonyLiuUT said:
This is a very tricky question and actually I called CIC for it about 6 month ago. The agent who talked to me were not sure about the answer, so he reported to his supervisor, after 10 minutes meeting, they gave me an answer. However, I will not 100% trust them.

The answer from CIC is:

The momonet you recieve the work permit, your study permit will be withdrawn, except one condition------you are holding a LMIA, then you can have both study permit and work permit.
I think it is impossible. Only students who are studying some courses which have kind of 50-50 theory and internship (practical / onsite study) at the same time can able to apply for both study permit and work permit at the same time.

Moreover here is something for International Experience Canada (IEC), who can hold both for six months (ideally).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=934&t=25

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Habib2012 said:
URGENT !! Need for help

I received pass request on Feb 6th, and sent my passport from US (I am currently in the US) by USPS courier according to the instructions in the email and included a prepaid shipping label from Canada Post (I bought online and printed). I did not include extra envelop as it was not instructed. According to USPS tracking my package is delivered on Feb 19th but I have not heard from CIC. Also the shipping label is not activated yet. Now something emergency happened and I need my passport in 7 days!!!!

2- I read here that some say we should never use any courier except Canada post, can you tell me why? Do you think my passport is not delivered ?
3- Do you think the fact that I did not include an extra envelop can cause a problem?

Ahhhh, I am so frustrated, is there any way I can contact them to see if they have my passport and if they are going to send it back soon?

Thanks
Mine was received there on 18th and still no news. I think there is no problem with your envelope and it has been received by them. You only need to wait. The problem is that even if you email them, it takes at least 2 weeks for them to read it.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Habib2012 said:
URGENT !! Need for help

Thanks
I can answer your second and third questions. I have seen such a case before. One or two applicants selected UPS (I guess) for their return envelopes. It seems that CIC only accepts Canada Post Courier for delivery. Therefore, they got their passport via regular mail. Probably it will happen to you as well. Don't worry at all. Your passport will be delivered to you at the end.

TonyLiuUT

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BJ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-25-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Viva2014 said:
Tony,

CPC-O does not send AOR anymore. Just wait and you will get your MR.
Thanks, Viva. I am already on the edge of freaking out.....almost 2 months.....pray and eat and eat and eat......