+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Stuck In Quebec said:
1. PCC part is ok.

2. Supervisor signature is ok, I sent it without supervisor stamp or department stamp. I had it on our departments letter head with complete mailing info if they want to confirm.

3. Last question is hard to answer. Graduation is definitely a plus, send all the proofs, maybe say you are applying. I think you have a good chance on this one as you graduated but we dont know as there is no successful Quebec applicant yet.

Best of luck.
Thanks a lot for your reply, I will send the offer whenever I got one, and since I'm moving to Toronto on Oct, I will update my address by then, hopefully, it will help.

Thanks and best luck for you

kiwignd

Oct 22, 2012
Hi guys

I received my GCMS notes today and I don't quite understand parts of it.

Under Assessments it had:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Not Started

The file is currently assigned to FA01772. This is the office(r) who sent the email (June 19) asking for the documents to allay his concern that I do not intend to live in a Province other than Quebec however this request is not recorded in the "Outgoing Correspondence" section.

I emailed my Proof of Funds on June 19 and this is also not reflected. I sent a follow-up email today asking them to confirm receipt of it.

I'm also uncertain about the work experience situation. Under the section "Eligibility>>Eligibility Assessment>>Selections", I have Total Assessment Points of 70 which includes 19 points for 3 years of work experience.

However, further down, there is a section "Eligibility>>Work Experience>> under which there is "Work Experience: 0" and "Work Experience - LC: 0" I don't understand what this means and there is no information on whether any of my reference letters/experience were accepted as valid.

I have to get updated reference letters for my TA and RA experience which I will send in as soon as my supervisor gets back next week.

If anyone can shed some light on any of these issues, I'd appreciate it.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kiwignd said:
However, further down, there is a section "Eligibility>>Work Experience>> under which there is "Work Experience: 0" and "Work Experience - LC: 0" I don't understand what this means and there is no information on whether any of my reference letters/experience were accepted as valid.
0 refers to the skill level corresponding to the NOC code you selected. For NOC 4012 the skill level is 0.

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
Hey Guys,

So my application reached Sydney the past Monday.
Here is my timeline. I request whoever can please update it on the PhD thread.

Name: Sthind
Application reached CIO: July 08, 2013
Experience: TA/RA and other included
Number of person in application: 1
Nationality: India

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
Hey folks.

I have a quick question.
How long (on average) after medical test, the status "Medicals Received" should appear in the online application status?
The doctor who did the medicals for us said it is e-Medical.

Your information is highly appreciated.

Thank you

MarMar20

Jul 5, 2012
It's almost 1 month from the date that I did my e-medical and still there is no change in my status.

dj2009 said:
Hey folks.

I have a quick question.
How long (on average) after medical test, the status "Medicals Received" should appear in the online application status?

Thank you

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
But mine has been updated less than 1 week. It depends on how busy your doctor is and how crowded area you are living. By the way, I think you can call your doctor and ask them whether they sent your results or not.

dj2009 said:
Hey folks.

I have a quick question.

Thank you

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kiwignd said:
Hi guys

I received my GCMS notes today and I don't quite understand parts of it.

Under Assessments it had:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Not Started

The file is currently assigned to FA01772. This is the office(r) who sent the email (June 19) asking for the documents to allay his concern that I do not intend to live in a Province other than Quebec however this request is not recorded in the "Outgoing Correspondence" section.

I emailed my Proof of Funds on June 19 and this is also not reflected. I sent a follow-up email today asking them to confirm receipt of it.

I'm also uncertain about the work experience situation. Under the section "Eligibility>>Eligibility Assessment>>Selections", I have Total Assessment Points of 70 which includes 19 points for 3 years of work experience.

I have to get updated reference letters for my TA and RA experience which I will send in as soon as my supervisor gets back next week.

I think your experience letters were accepted and your application was sent to FA as if it was a clear case they would have sent medical request. Since it needs review, it was sent to FA like others. Now you have to answer FA and thats your main hurdle.

No mention of proof of funds in GCMS might be due to the date of ordering.

Order another GCMS and reply to FA to your best. Keep us posted, we are in the same boat from Quebec. Hopefully all will be good.

Its good to see that applicants from Nov and Dec 2012 are being processed faster than others.

Best of luck.

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dj2009 said:
Hey folks.

I have a quick question.

Thank you
For us, "Medicals Received" appeared after about two weeks. It was not e-medical.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
zebrafish said:
thank you! I have few other questions :)
1. my boyfriend is a foreign student at McGill, Montreal, Quebec :( he's in his 4th year of PhD. I was looking on your forum and it seems that there are no applicants from Quebec who got PR through this stream?? He never applied for CSQ, though he speaks French.
2. It looks like many Quebec applicants in the PhD stream applied before for CSQ, could it be a reason to be asked for more proofs about where you want to settle after graduation?
3. were rejected applicants refund for the fees?
4. Anybody knows which kind of proofs we can submit to prove we don't want to live in Quebec after his graduation?

The timing for CSQ is crazy now, they told me on the phone that can be 1 year-1 year and a half.... Thanks for helping out, it's much appreciated!
I am sorry I don't know that much information regarding your questions. The answer for the third question, is No.
In your case, I think "Stuck In Quebec" can help you with your questions.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
hello everyone,
just wanted to share my landing experience..we did our landing yesterday (july 10th) at the Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. Like i mentioned in a previous post, we chose the Peace Bridge, since you can just take a U-turn before entering the US and hence don't have to deal with US customs !...well anyway, other than a little bit of confusion regarding the exact location to take the U-turn (i actually had to make a panic phone call to asbereth to get that sorted LOL), our landing was very quick and pleasant ;D...the whole process took barely 20 minutes and most of that time was waiting in line to reach the car booth since for some reason, there were alot of people returning from work or something at that time..the officer at the booth asked us for ID and we said that we are here to complete our landing as PRs..we gave him our PPs and COPRs...he gave us a yellow slip of paper and asked us to park our car and enter into the customs building...in the customs building there were 5 officers and just our family...so we were immediately called up by one of the officers..we gave him the yellow slip, he asked how many people are landing today..we said two since our son has a canadian passport..so he asked to see our son's passport...then he didn't ask us anything...he started entering stuff into his computer, asked for a proof of ID to send in our PR cards and made us sign the COPRs..he said we will get the PR cards in 4-6 weeks...then he said that since we are already in Canada he is not giving us a formal "welcome to Canada!"...instead he wished us good luck!....so that was basically all ..they didn't ask for our study/work permits..so i asked him about it...he said to keep them and that we might need it to prove our stay in Canada if we apply for citizenship later on...

so that's all regarding the landing part!..

I guess our PR journey has finally come to an end and i want to thank everyone on the forum once again for all your help!

I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have ...so just PM me and i will still visit the forum atleast once a day!!

Good luck to everyone and i hope you all get your PRs reaaly really soon ;D

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
MJ2 said:
Guys!
bad news for me
I got rejected :(

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; a

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Post-Secondary Teaching and Research Assistant (NOC 4012) at XXX does not meet the requirements of b) above as the duties listed in your letters of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.

Here is parts of my letter:

As a research assistant, XXX conducted literature reviews, surveys and laboratory experiments for use in the scholarly publication. He compiled the research results, assisted me in analyzing the experimental results and prepared articles to be published in the academic journals.
XXX responsibilities as a teaching assistant include grading the examinations, students' assignments and lab reports, assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations, conducting discussion groups, organizing reference material, as well as running the laboratory sessions.

Any advises from seniors?
What was wrong? What should do next? Can I appeal? Should I order CAIPS now to see what was wrong?
I'm sorry to hear that. Although very briefly, you had the word "assist" in your letter (assisted me in analyzing the experimental results). It's weird that they didn't accept it! Did you send them any updated/additional letter of reference? Of course, you can send them an email asking about the reason for your rejection, and emphasizing that your letter contains the information indicating that you "assisted your professor".

Dec_Applicant

Mar 9, 2013
MJ2 said:
Guys!
bad news for me
I got rejected :(

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; a

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Post-Secondary Teaching and Research Assistant (NOC 4012) at XXX does not meet the requirements of b) above as the duties listed in your letters of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.

Here is parts of my letter:

As a research assistant, XXX conducted literature reviews, surveys and laboratory experiments for use in the scholarly publication. He compiled the research results, assisted me in analyzing the experimental results and prepared articles to be published in the academic journals.
XXX responsibilities as a teaching assistant include grading the examinations, students' assignments and lab reports, assisting in the preparation and administration of examinations, conducting discussion groups, organizing reference material, as well as running the laboratory sessions.

Any advises from seniors?
What was wrong? What should do next? Can I appeal? Should I order CAIPS now to see what was wrong?
It's surprising, your reference letter was a perfect match for NOC, it is really getting hard to understand what they exactly looking for, you should definitely appeal.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
MJ2 said:
Thanks Never.
I am totally lost. The letter has the lead statement "assisting xxx" and almost all the job descriptions listed in NOC.
Do you think they will give more info if I send them an email?
Yes, I updated my letter in March. This was my updated letter.
Hi MJ2, I'm sorry that you got rejected. I think you probably have a basis for appeal. You have both lead statement and a substantial number of main duties on your reference letter, and we have seen so far several people who have their negative decision due to job description mismatch overturned (aidina and hooman2012 came to mind; though hooman2012 eventually got rejected for a different reason).

Send them an email as soon as possible, highlighting the part why you think your job descriptions contain lead statement and main duties. While waiting for their response, prepare as much as you can for re-application. While aidina wasted 1,100 for nothing (since his first application eventually got approved), hooman2012 actually saved up some time because his first application eventually got rejected. Several people got rejected for missing lead statement, even though their updated reference letter has the magical word "assist". They appealed, and the decisions got overturned. You should try to do the same, while at the same time, not wasting your time to re-apply (since there is always a chance that they will reject your appeal for reconsideration).

Prepare for educational assessments, re-take IELTS if necessary, and prepare all of the police certificates all over again. Let us know, and good luck.

anjuku said:
so that's all regarding the landing part!..

I guess our PR journey has finally come to an end and i want to thank everyone on the forum once again for all your help!

I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have ...so just PM me and i will still visit the forum atleast once a day!!

Good luck to everyone and i hope you all get your PRs reaaly really soon ;D
anjuku, congratulations :) ! I hope you won't be charged long distance for making that phone call :p

Also, I talked to one of my friends, and he said that, when he drove another friend for landing at that exact same place, the U-turn somehow got blocked as well, so they had to signal the border guard to let them in. Was that what you did as well?

kiwignd said:

Under TOTAL ASSESSMENT POINTS (within SELECTION section), did see "Minimum Req: Met"? If so, then it means your selection factor has been passed by Ottawa. If not, then those points were preliminarily awarded by Sydney, and may or may not reflect the final selection factor decision.

Also, check the "Notes" section. Check some of the recent ones. If Ottawa has made and passed assessment, FA01772 would have put some notes detailing how they have awarded you points.