Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
anyone have any experience taking Medicals while on cold medication ???

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
asbereth said:
Hi all,

Several people here got their PPR recently, so I suppose I will just share my recent landing experience. As I mentioned, I received my passport back on May 16 (Ottawa received my passport on April 18), with COPR and visa stamped on my passport (dated April 29, not sure what my passport was doing, sitting in the facility for 15+ days after stamping). On the same day, I drove to Peace Bridge at Fort Erie to complete my landing formality. I was going to do it at Niagara Falls, but I decided to go to Fort Erie, because I did not have a US visa, and I did not want to deal with US border (at Fort Erie, we can just take a U-Turn to return to Canada without dealing with the US border).

So I made the u-turn, and the border lady asked me where I came from. I explained that I was there just to land, and that I came specifically for that reason. She asked if I was importing anything, asked for my passport to check my immigrant visa. Then she gave me a yellow slip after asking me several questions (whether I had goods to be imported, firearms, etc; for which I answered 'no' to all, which was reflected on the yellow slip). She then told me to enter the building to complete my landing. I entered the building, and after about 10 minutes, a border agent called me I then presented my passport, and she started asking me about my employment letter, and also proof of funds. I wasn't prepared with employment letter, so I had to scramble around with my smartphone to gather what I could find from the Internet (which was not much).

She started giving me lectures on how TA/RA is not real work since we get paid to do our studies, on how as a skilled worker, I was expected to already have held a 'real' job (how I 'pre-emptively' applied for PR, and somehow got it, not sure what that really means). I tried to explain that I was qualified for PR under the PhD stream, but she kept insisting what she said before, so I figured that I should just keep my mouth shut and remain silent, with just one thought in my mind that she was a border agent, and it was not up to her to determine my eligibility to immigrate (it was CIC's job, which they had done, processing my application for the past 16 months).

She grinded me on proof of funds, asking me where the money comes from. She asked me how come none of the salary or funding from school went into the account. I told her it was on different account. She got upset when I told her this, telling me that I should've been more prepared, especially since I have more than one bank accounts in Canada. Then once again she told me to pull up information from my other bank accounts from my smartphone.

She asked me about stuff I said during interview 4 years ago when I applied for student visa (they had all these things on their system, so do not lie), and about other things which I don't think will be relevant for anybody else. After all said and done, she finally said that I am a permanent resident, and that I have the rights of a citizen except the right of vote, and that I am subject to PR residency requirements. No congratulations, and no 'welcome to Canada'.

I asked her several questions regarding residency requirements, PR card, etc, then I left, feeling a bit dissapointed with my experience (especially since most people are actually having a pleasant experience during landing; well, not me).

The moral of the story, while most likely they will not ask, bring with you all POF (also all statements on all bank accounts you have in Canada), and employment documents. You want to make sure that your landing is as smooth and pleasant as possible (after waiting for all those months). If you have ever been rejected a student visa before, then expect them to ask you some questions about it (PM me, and we can discuss if you are concerned about this issue).

I wish the rest of you good luck with your applications. I will still visit the forum from time to time, so if you have any questions about landing or anything else that I may be able to help, do not hesitate to contact me through PM or here :)
Many congratulations asbereth and thank you for sharing your experience! Recently we hear a lot about this RA/TA, how the officers treats shows that they are not happy with this job title, they also remove this kind of work experiences from the CEC class in 2013, but here is a link to R2 regulation:
http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/regu/sor-2002-227/98631/sor-2002-227.html#history

if you look there for the definition of work, you will find :

“work”
« travail »
“work” means an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned, or that is in direct competition with the activities of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the Canadian labour market.

so based on this definition, TA/RA is definitely a job, I think this is a strong evidence to justify TA/RA as a job.

shlam

May 13, 2013
neuron said:
Hi shlam
I checked NOC 2132 and campared with your letter, probably you did not mention the lead statement. In the beginning, you just introduced your company, but introduction of your company does not mean you match the lead statement.
then you went to the main duties, which seem to match many of them if we just consider the numbers you covered. Admittedly, no one can cover all duties, because those duties are shared by so many subtitles, e.g. acoustics engineer and fluid mechanics engineer are absolutely performs different duties, therefore, no one can cover all duties no matter how you write the letter. Instead, if you write that you cover all duties, the VO will be suspicious.

I thought he VO thought you did not substantially perform the duties. e.g. you grab some same words, I always think it is too risky. They will think you did it in self-serving way, meaning that you seem to look at NOC first and write it, otherwise, how can these words are so similar if your boss wrote it without seeing NOC first.

this is just what I thought, otherwise, you performed 5 out of 9 duties, it would be fairly enough.
If that is what they thought, they should say it, like for example, we do not believe the letter is valid. When I contacted my employer I did send him the NOC link as well, so that he could use the "English wording" where he needed.

What would be a lead statement?

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
shlam said:
If that is what they thought, they should say it, like for example, we do not believe the letter is valid. When I contacted my employer I did send him the NOC link as well, so that he could use the "English wording" where he needed.

What would be a lead statement?
Mechanical engineers research, design and develop machinery and systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning, power generation, transportation, processing and manufacturing.
this is the lead statement.

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
Update about a job offer.

Recently, I got my phd degree and got an job offer in Canada (permanent, full-time). The NOC code (2243) for this job is different from the NOC code for TA/RA which I put in the PR application three months ago. I got the "positive determination of eligibility" and FN two weeks ago. Does it hurt if I write a letter to CIC saying that I got this job and currently working under this title?

One follow-up question:
According to "proof of fund" web-page in CIC, does it mean that I will not be asked for the bank transactions from the last 6 months? If I am asked for the proof of fund, can I use this job offer to substitute the proof of funds?

"You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
"

excerpted from

www_cic_gc_ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Thank you guys.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
thundervikes said:
Update about a job offer.

Recently, I got my phd degree and got an job offer in Canada (permanent, full-time). The NOC code (2243) for this job is different from the NOC code for TA/RA which I put in the PR application three months ago. I got the "positive determination of eligibility" and FN two weeks ago. Does it hurt if I write a letter to CIC saying that I got this job and currently working under this title?

One follow-up question:
According to "proof of fund" web-page in CIC, does it mean that I will not be asked for the bank transactions from the last 6 months? If I am asked for the proof of fund, can I use this job offer to substitute the proof of funds?

"You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
"

excerpted from

www_cic_gc_ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Thank you guys.
Hi,

Congratulations on the completion of the PhD studies and your new job!

You may find these posts useful:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.0.html;msg2272894#msg2272894

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.0.html;msg2273052#msg2273052

Hope these help...

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
GeoCanadian said:
Hi,

Congratulations on the completion of the PhD studies and your new job!

You may find these posts useful:
www_canadavisa_com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.0.html;msg2272894#msg2272894

www_canadavisa_com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.0.html;msg2273052#msg2273052

Hope these help...
Thank you, GeoCanadian. Your links are very helpful. I think I do need to prepare for the proof of funds. The early the better.

Science_Tech

May 17, 2013
Stuck In Quebec said:
If married/ registered, update now, its easier. if you become PR alone, then you have to sponsor her as a spouse and will take additional time. A friend of mine added his spouse even after medical request and they asked for her info from scratch and he was delayed, but he was not in PhD stream. June 2012 means you should be hearing from them next month hopefully since all your documents are in place.
Thanks Stuck In Quebec,

1- Does anyone know cases of updating marriage during PR application cause the application get rejected? If so, is its chance high or low?
2- If I decide to register the marriage during PR application, which additional documents do I need to submit? Should I submit the funding now for two people? If so, do I need to show again six-month bank account activity?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Science_Tech said:
Thanks Stuck In Quebec,

1- Does anyone know cases of updating marriage during PR application cause the application get rejected? If so, is its chance high or low?
2- If I decide to register the marriage during PR application, which additional documents do I need to submit? Should I submit the funding now for two people? If so, do I need to show again six-month bank account activity?
One of my friend had added his wife during the process of his application and he added when he got the medical request. The good news is that they got the PR at the same time, if I remember correctly he filled up the application forms again since his marital status has changed, his wife also filled up the background deceleration and family info forms (plz double check the checklist which spouse or dependents needs to be filled up).
I suggest you also submit the six months statements, her pcc and other relevant documents. Although it sounds painful but good thing is that it will not take that long for CIC to be updated with your application and hopefully u will get your PR to be done by 14/15 months. I will double check my friend and will inform you in more detail.
But I am afraid applying for her separately (as a sponsor) may take longer.

MAKSohag

Apr 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-07-2014
Hello N_O,

Could you update my status in the 'immigration tracker'? I received my PER on 29 April 2013. My current status in eCas is 'in process'

Regards,

MAKSohag

Science_Tech

May 17, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
One of my friend had added his wife during the process of his application and he added when he got the medical request. The good news is that they got the PR at the same time, if I remember correctly he filled up the application forms again since his marital status has changed, his wife also filled up the background deceleration and family info forms (plz double check the checklist which spouse or dependents needs to be filled up).
I suggest you also submit the six months statements, her pcc and other relevant documents. Although it sounds painful but good thing is that it will not take that long for CIC to be updated with your application and hopefully u will get your PR to be done by 14/15 months. I will double check my friend and will inform you in more detail.
But I am afraid applying for her separately (as a sponsor) may take longer.
Thanks a lot kaziahmmed ,

I would appreciate it if you could send me further details on your friend's case. Another concern I have is that my partner lives in another country. Do we need to send all the correspondences to CPP-Ottawa? For example, what happens if we update them with our marriage and receive passport request? In thins case, does she send her passport to Ottawa or to her own visa office?

zhangl64

May 9, 2013
hi guys,

I have followed this thread for a long time, and finally, I got my response from CIC, a document is required, and I quote here:

``Proof of funds: Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted. "

But I have already submitted my bank statement with all my documents. I don't know why they require it... Does anyone have the same requirement from CIC? THANKS A LOT!

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
zhangl64 said:
hi guys,

I have followed this thread for a long time, and finally, I got my response from CIC, a document is required, and I quote here:

``Proof of funds: Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted. "

But I have already submitted my bank statement with all my documents. I don't know why they require it... Does anyone have the same requirement from CIC? THANKS A LOT!
Is this is the first time you have heard from the VO regarding the request for additional documents ? I assume you have submitted an official letter from your bank along with your application packet. If this is the case, more often than not, CPP would like to see evidence of account activity for the past six months. Some applicants updated their file with these documents and they were just fine. In case you meant that you had submitted these documents together with your application, even then the VO might want to double check your account balance at a later date. It really depends on a case by case basis. Hope this helps

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
zhangl64 said:
hi guys,

I think asking for six months bank statement is getting very common these days. Most of the applicants I guess submitted a letter from the bank showing their current balance and didn't submit six months activities and thats what they are looking for. They wanted to confirm that that money you are showing is completely belongs to you and u haven't borrow from anyone. I also received six months bank statement request, so don't worry about this as long as you have the money send them the statement asap before that they won't determine your eligibility.
Thanks

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Hi zhangl64,

zhangl64 said:

You mind sharing who signed your letter? Usually it is in the upper right portion of the signature (I highlighted it red):

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – RK6165
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca