19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
TRT_Flynn said:
did so. Hope people in this thread join us.
ALSO. My friend TJ got his e-cas status updated to "medical exams received". We are just a week short of 2 months since his MR, which was our last as well.

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
I suggest a surge of people sending questions to @ kenneyjason at twitter. I asked him what happened to our applications after buffalo closed. Try asking him if we are given less priority due to the backlog.
Done!

northyorkca

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
23-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
No Visa Required
VISA ISSUED...
9-01-2014 (COPR Received)
Could I be added to the excel spreadsheet for the PhD category?

Application reached CIO: 13 September 2012
No. of persons in application: 1
TA/RA experience: Included
Nationality: USA

Also, has there been any information on what will happen to applications received after the 1,000 cap is reached? Will they be carried over to the next quota of 1,000 after November 2012, or will people be forced to reapply?

Thanks for your time and information. I've followed the message board while preparing my application, but only now joining and posting. Glad to be a part of this community to share our information.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
northyorkca said:

Also, has there been any information on what will happen to applications received after the 1,000 cap is reached? Will they be carried over to the next quota of 1,000 after November 2012, or will people be forced to reapply?

Thanks for your time and information. I've followed the message board while preparing my application, but only now joining and posting. Glad to be a part of this community to share our information.
Welcome to the club! :)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
northyorkca said:

Welcome :D. Unfortunately they will be forced to reapply. Let's hope the cap has not yet been reached! I will add you soon.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application reached CIO: 14 September 2012
No. of persons in application: 3
Nationality: China

Please add me in the sheet. Thanks.

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Please add me in the worksheet as well. Thanks a lot~

Document reached Sydney on September 4th, 2012
Person in this application: 1
TA/RA included+other work experience
Nationality: China

My credit card hasn't been charged yet, hope that can be done by this week~

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I am filling up the application. Can someone please answer the following questions:

1. In form IMM 0008 and also the Background/Declaration form, in the education sections, are we required to fill
our current education of Ph.D also? If I do, then 2 more years will be added to the total no. of years of education.

2. Shoud the information in Background/Declaration form be listed from latest to oldest or only where asked?

3. Is it important to tag the supporting documents?

Thanks.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Feb2004 said:
I am filling up the application. Can someone please answer the following questions:

1. In form IMM 0008 and also the Background/Declaration form, in the education sections, are we required to fill
our current education of Ph.D also? If I do, then 2 more years will be added to the total no. of years of education.

2. Shoud the information in Background/Declaration form be listed from latest to oldest or only where asked?

3. Is it important to tag the supporting documents?

Thanks.
1. You have to mention only those no. of yrs which you got the academic credentials, so phd two years should not count.
2. I put my info from latest.
3. Not necessary, just put them in order. I put a cover page on top of them and listed the name of the documents which were on those folders.
Thanks

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I tried to get tuition reduction based only on the PER email (approval-in-principle) , and the representative from the graduate studies office replied with the following email:

The letter received from FSW – Centralized-Intake-Office dated March 21, 2012, only points to the “C50 – Final Eligibility Determination” and not the “Approval-in Principle (AIP)”. The wording is very specific in the” Glossary of Terms and Concepts” and the letter that you have received which states “…..has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing…” and not “…positive determination of eligibility in a permanent residence application processed in Canada”.

It is only stating that you are eligible under the new FSW PhD stream to apply for PR and that your application has been moved to the next stage of processing. No determination of positive receipt of permanent residence status has been given. Basically, the letter needs to state “Approval-in-Principle (AIP)” in order for you to qualify for domestic fee rate.
Basically she made a distinction between 'eligibility for processing of PR' and 'eligibility for PR'. I'll study this a bit further, though maybe she does have a point, and that PER email and approval-in-principle are not the same thing. Any thoughts on this?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
I tried to get tuition reduction based only on the PER email (approval-in-principle) , and the representative from the graduate studies office replied with the following email:

Basically she made a distinction between 'eligibility for processing of PR' and 'eligibility for PR'. I'll study this a bit further, though maybe she does have a point, and that PER email and approval-in-principle are not the same thing. Any thoughts on this?
I totally agree with what she states.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
asbereth said:

C50 Eligibility Determination: Pre-processing stage that comprises the two reviews of the application against Ministerial Instructions that occur at CIO Sydney and at the visa office responsible for the application. Once this stage is complete, processing either begins with a positive eligibility determination or the application is closed and processing fees are refunded.
C50 Final Eligibility Determination: Review of the complete application against Ministerial Instruction eligibility criteria performed at visa office after referral from CIO Sydney. This review draws on local expertise crucial in evaluating supporting documents submitted to the visa office that are not initially provided to CIO Sydney
C50 Initial Eligibility Determination: Review of the preliminary application received at CIO Sydney. A positive decision regarding eligibility for processing (Paper-screening decision “4”) results in the electronic transfer of the application to the responsible visa office abroad. The date of this decision constitutes the lock-in date for processing. Processing time service standards are calculated from this date.

.....These explains something useful.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Folks some update from CIC on their status in general.
News Release — Reducing Backlogs to Achieve a Fast and Flexible Immigration System
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-09-17.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
What I'm wondering though, several Ontario students here have been able to get their tuition rates reduced to domestic rates, and several other students have even been able to get OHIP based on the PER letter alone. The OHIP eligibility criterion for PR applicants is as follows:

you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada (please note: applicants for permanent residence are no longer required to provide confirmation of having satisfied the Immigration medical as a condition for OHIP coverage)
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/ohip/eligibility.html

And if you take a look at the sample approval-in-principle letter from

http://www.uoguelph.ca/analysis_planning/images/pdfs/2009-10-Operating-Manual-Sept09.pdf

Appendix 5.1, the wording goes as

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the live-in caregiver class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met.
which implies that 'approval-in-principle' is what OHIP requires, and the PER letter is enough to satisfy this requirement for OHIP, meaning that PER and approval-in-principle are equivalent. Obviously the fact that some schools accept it, and some schools don't means that it is up to their interpretation, but the fact that some students got their tuition reduced must mean that, at least, the Ontario government agrees to waive the fees for these students, and that my school's interpretation is the wrong one. I'll try talking about these things with her tomorrow and let's see what she has to say.

phdapplicant

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
For those of you who have been approved for domestic tuition, how did they adjust your funding package? Do you get more or less (after paying tuition and fees)?
Thanks in advance. `

Btw, Western has sent out an email saying that PER is good enough for them to change the tuition rates (from international to domestic). Good news should come to all other universities very soon:

Quote:

"...you provided documentation in the form of an email from Citizenship and Immigration Canada which in part states:

“Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011.”

"SGPS has recently discovered that the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities states “a person who has been approved ‘in-principle’ for permanent resident status in Canada” can be considered a permanent resident with respect to having his/her tuition fees established at the domestic level. Based on the email that you provided SGPS, we have changed your residency status from international to domestic and your tuition fees have been adjusted accordingly. SGPS will be contacting your program as your funding package may also change. If you have questions regarding your funding, please contact the Graduate Coordinator in your program."