26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
AF___ said:
I didn't. I didn't even include my undergrad diploma but only transcripts (my transcripts showed my status as "graduate").
I read from the other thread that they automatically assigned 12 years for all your education before college, and they counted the number of years from what's show on the transcript. It's good to see that they actually use some common sense during the process :D

ngag said:
Hi,

Good to find this topic.
Please add my information to keep tracked with you.

Application reached CIC : January 6th
CC charged : February 13th.
PER e-mail received : March 9th.
Current status : IN PROCESS
no of people on application : 3
TA contracts : included

Hope to hear good news soon. Good luck to everyone. :)
ngag, congratulations :D Do you mind telling us how many years of work experience you claimed for TA/RA, and also outside TA/RA? Thanks :)

TyrusX said:
Welcome and congrats for the PER.

The sheet was updated. The process looks more random more and more random every time we look at the dates!
It does still look like that applicants with only RA/TA experience get processed a bit longer (case in point, Reno and s.guo82). AF___, however, completely disproves that hypothesis (though it may or may not be due to the fact that his total number of points greatly exceeds 67, even if they counted his whole TA/RA experience to only be one year).

It could be that they were having a hard time standardizing the total number of hours for RA/TA only applicants, especially for those without any adaptability points (since without adaptability points, you would need at least 2 years of work experience, and it would be hard to get that with only TA/RA experience).

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
I read from the other thread that they automatically assigned 12 years for all your education before college, and they counted the number of years from what's show on the transcript. It's good to see that they actually use some common sense during the process :D
I DO think they will give us some slack in this area, because we are doing PhD, but assuming they will assign 12 years of education without documents is dangerous. For example, primary and secondary education in my country is only 11 years total! I really advise trying to prove everything that we claim with documents. Better safe than sorry.

And also, even with PER, there is no guarantee that one's application will succeed, since is the Consulate's Visa Officer that will really examine our applications. IF you read the forum, there are cases of people with PER that got rejected afterwards with many kinds of reasons.

Also, time to get healthier guys! Prepare yourselves for the medical exam. Go to your doctor and do a checkup! I have a medical condition, so I started to workout to be in a better shape as well.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
I DO think they will give us some slack in this area, because we are doing PhD, but assuming they will assign 12 years of education without documents is dangerous. For example, primary and secondary education in my country is only 11 years total! I really advise trying to prove everything that we claim with documents. Better safe than sorry.

And also, even with PER, there is no guarantee that one's application will succeed, since is the Consulate's Visa Officer that will really examine our applications. IF you read the forum, there are cases of people with PER that got rejected afterwards with many kinds of reasons.

Also, time to get healthier guys! Prepare yourselves for the medical exam. Go to your doctor and do a checkup! I have a medical condition, so I started to workout to be in a better shape as well.
I agree with you, it's just that, depending on what your country of origin is, it sometimes is not that easy to gather all those documents from more than a decade ago. But you're right, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Anyway, getting PER should mean that at least your work experience is recognized as at the very least one continuous full-time year of work experience. I wonder if anybody got their PER, then got rejected for this very reason? Would visa officer have different interpretation as to what constitutes work experience than the CIO? Just wondering.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
I agree with you, it's just that, depending on what your country of origin is, it sometimes is not that easy to gather all those documents from more than a decade ago. But you're right, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Anyway, getting PER should mean that at least your work experience is recognized as at the very least one continuous full-time year of work experience. I wonder if anybody got their PER, then got rejected for this very reason? Would visa officer have different interpretation as to what constitutes work experience than the CIO? Just wondering.
I know that is not easy. I had to wait about 1 month to get my documents from primary school. But I wanted to make sure I had everything.

Unfortunately, I know of a cases of people that got rejected after PER, with cases of insufficient funds due to education or lack of work experience. They will check everything, they have companies that do the work for the Consulate, and sometimes they even call your boss or your school to verify that is not a forged document.
AH. I also legalized all my documents before submitting them, even though this is not a requisite. It was free in my country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legalization_%28international_law%29

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
Good question! I included all of them(primary, secondary, post-secondary), since I assumed that you have to prove the amount of years that you studied, I thought it would be better to show that I have the amount of years I was claiming.
All i have is my 10th grade certificate, my 12th grade certificate and by bachelors and masters degree certificates..i don't have any documentation for the first 10 years of schooling...but then you won't get your 10th standard certificate without going to school for 10years..do you think that's obvious or should i contact my school to give me some sort of letter....that will take forever though ::)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
anjuku said:
All i have is my 10th grade certificate, my 12th grade certificate and by bachelors and masters degree certificates..i don't have any documentation for the first 10 years of schooling...but then you won't get your 10th standard certificate without going to school for 10years..do you think that's obvious or should i contact my school to give me some sort of letter....that will take forever though ::)
Well, I think that is enough!

jessiezz

Jan 31, 2012
Hi Guys,

Looks like you are collecting more data here. I am not surprised that this is Phd stream ;D

I have 2 people in my application, and only TA/RA experience.

Good luck to we all!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
jessiezz said:
Hi Guys,

Looks like you are collecting more data here. I am not surprised that this is Phd stream ;D

Good luck to we all!
Good to know! We hope you get your AOR soon! And please tell us as soon as possible, as you should be one of the first ones.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jessiezz said:
Hi Guys,

Good luck to we all!
Hi jessiezz, thanks for sharing this with us. If you don't mind me asking, can you tell us if both your TA and RA experience was paid through T4A or T4 incomes? And how many hours per week and how many years did you claim? Also, since your application has 2 people, I'm assuming that you claimed adaptability points from your spouse? Thanks :D

S

s.guo82

I am just wondering if they will credit me with 5 points of adaptability for "previous study in Canada", cos I have finished two years' Phd study in my current school. It is said in the instruction that "you or ur accompanying spouse or common-law partner studied at a post-secondary institution in Canada for at least two yrs on a full-time basis. This must have been done after the age of 17 and with a valid study permit." I assume I can get 5 points of this based on my first two years' Phd study, since they did not say the study should be completed with certain degree or diploma. Am I right? I only claimed 1 year work experience of TA and RA, so I have to get this 5 adaptability points to get more than 67.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
s.guo82 said:
I am just wondering if they will credit me with 5 points of adaptability for "previous study in Canada", cos I have finished two years' Phd study in my current school. It is said in the instruction that "you or ur accompanying spouse or common-law partner studied at a post-secondary institution in Canada for at least two yrs on a full-time basis. This must have been done after the age of 17 and with a valid study permit." I assume I can get 5 points of this based on my first two years' Phd study, since they did not say the study should be completed with certain degree or diploma. Am I right? I only claimed 1 year work experience of TA and RA, so I have to get this 5 adaptability points to get more than 67.
That is my interpretation as well. You should get 5 points for adaptability!

S

s.guo82

I am worried about this as in the application form it says "completed a programme of full time study of at least two yrs at a post-secondary institution in Canada" and what I filled in that section was "no". I think they probably will not credit me and this is why I still have not heard from them. Frustrated.

S

s.guo82

Do you guys think I should call them to make correction to claim that 5 ponts? If they send them back, can I re-submit the returned marked documents?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
s.guo82 said:
I am worried about this as in the application form it says "completed a programme of full time study of at least two yrs at a post-secondary institution in Canada" and what I filled in that section was "no". I think they probably will not credit me and this is why I still have not heard from them. Frustrated.
Did you complete a degree in Canada? Did you do your masters here? Complete is being used as finished. I also said no, since I didn't finish a degree.

Just be patient, there is a lot of people in the same situation. I'm confident that things will move faster soon. They may be just verifying the authenticity of your documents with a bit more rigor than others.

S

s.guo82

Thank for your reply Tyrus. I did my master's degree somewhere else. Without this 5 points I only get 66 points in total. I did not claim more than 2 yrs working experience as TA and RA. Let's see how they will deal with my application. I probably shoudl re-prepare all the documents, claiming 2 years working experience of TA/RA.

Research and immigration, both are giving me headache currently. Life is not easyyyyyyyyyy. :(