+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
PhdStream said:
Hi all, for the proof of settlement fund, one recommended documents is the bank statements for certain months. I have amount in my TSFA. So I am planning to submit bank transaction statements, for last 6 months, of my chequing, saving and TSFA accounts.

Is it enough??

Also do we need to have required fund (as mentioned in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp) all the time of provided transaction history or just the final value of the fund in bank, greater than the required fund, is enough??
I think you need to show that you have greater than the required amount at the end of every month and that your account is active (that is there are some transactions happening). TFSA is a transferable fund since you can just go to the bank and remove the money whenever you want.

I had sent them just a letter from bank and my current account balance initially but later proactively sent them bank statements from all my accounts for the last 6 months. I also made a table and showed that for each month end, I had an amount higher than the amount they needed for me to show. Any big transactions of 500 and above were also explained in the sheet.

The whole thing was like 50 pages. Sent them by email but they replied back saying "please can you send by post". I guess it was too much for them to print...:p

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
This is the response I got from Ottawa regarding the status of my application a few days ago:

"We are awaiting the results of some internal processing prior to finalizing your application"

In fact, I inquired twice within the last 3 weeks, and got this exact response both times.
Internal processing just means they are looking at your application. I found this on an Australian immigration blog :p

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
That's very good news, what was your due date in the GCMS notes? Do they ask you to send this documentation by e-mail or regular mail?

ahmadimo said:
Hey Guys,

After 13 months of silence, they have sent me a doc request on Feb 25th:

> Funds, proof: Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations.
Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted. This must be received at this office by: 03/25/2014. > Ph.D. program information:
• The field of study for your doctoral program,
• The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor,
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and
• A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.

Do you think that this mean I probably have passed eligibility review? There are 2 persons in my application so should I just have above 13000$ for proof of fund? I have sent them my Resume and PhD details with my original application but they are requesting it again.

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
dapin84 said:
That's very good news, what was your due date in the GCMS notes? Do they ask you to send this documentation by e-mail or regular mail?
Thanks! The last due date I got in GCMS was March 2nd. They have included guidlines on Max. size limit of files (5 megabytes) so I guess they are referring to e-mailing the documents.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
dapin84 said:
When they ask for list of publications do you guys include presentations in conferences?
Hello dapin84,

Would you like to share your new timeline with us?

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
N_O said:
Hello dapin84,

Would you like to share your new timeline with us?
Sure, I am sorry I had not done it before:

application sent on January 18 2013,
PER: Feb 25 2013
Nationality: Colombia
Only TA/Ra experience used
Persons in application: 2

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
sgtrigger said:
I think you need to show that you have greater than the required amount at the end of every month and that your account is active (that is there are some transactions happening). TFSA is a transferable fund since you can just go to the bank and remove the money whenever you want.

I had sent them just a letter from bank and my current account balance initially but later proactively sent them bank statements from all my accounts for the last 6 months. I also made a table and showed that for each month end, I had an amount higher than the amount they needed for me to show. Any big transactions of 500 and above were also explained in the sheet.

The whole thing was like 50 pages. Sent them by email but they replied back saying "please can you send by post". I guess it was too much for them to print...:p
you need to show that you have greater than the required amount at the end of every month and that your account is active

Is it required or this is what you think?.... And If this is required then I am sending them 3 months history..

abdul78

Nov 27, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am wondering that in my last GMSC, I found that on the due date (Oct 31) FA01772 has taken away the 5 adaptability points which was given by CIO.

Can that be considered as a pre-assessment step? However, no comments has been added.

Any thoughts guys?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
dapin84 said:
Sure, I am sorry I had not done it before:

application sent on January 18 2013,
PER: Feb 25 2013
Nationality: Colombia
Only TA/Ra experience used
Persons in application: 2
Thank you!
You're supposed to hear from them very soon.
Good Luck!

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
Hi Admin,

I sent an updated reference letter today. Please add it to the tracker.

Thanks,

JVD3

Jan 22, 2014
ahmadimo said:
Do you think that this mean I probably have passed eligibility review? There are 2 persons in my application so should I just have above 13000$ for proof of fund? I have sent them my Resume and PhD details with my original application but they are requesting it again.

I guess for 2 persons in application, including you and your spouse, you have to show more than $13,850.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
N_O said:
Hello there,

The most important part is the notes section, read it carefully to figure out whether they pre-assessed it or not yet.
If they haven't pre-assessed it yet and you feel that your letters are not strong enough then update them ASAP.
Thanks, I updated my reference letter today.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
arm739 said:
I had both RA/TA, previous full time job in Iran and my wife is accompanying me here in Canada. So, basically we are two applicants.
Application reached CIO: March 08, 2013
CC charged: March 18, 2013
PER issued : March 18, 2013
Doc Request: 29 July, 2013

Please add me to the spread sheet.

Is GCMS Access to information which can be ordered from CIC web site? What are the advantages and disadvantages? and What is also due date?
What documents you were asked to provide?

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone

Does anybody know if you are eligible to apply to the PhD stream if you obtain a PhD from a Canadian University under two years? So, basically, you have previous work experience in NOC Database in group A, but you will defend your dissertation after 18 months of study.