Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
jackson2209 said:
I don't know. I provide my bachelor and master materials all from the same university, which means they are in the same format. I don't know why bachelor is counted but master is not. Will they return my package to me?
Hi jackson,
it says on the checklist that you have to provide a credential report for only your highest degree from china....so i think that's why they considered your bachelors and not your masters...

AST

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 29, 2013
Nomination.....
PER: April 10, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
Can we get the hard copy of PER?

I was trying to apply for OHIP (Ontario Health Insuarance), but they need the original letter from CIC. For OHIP eligibility, the criteria is
"you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada".

So, I guess, if we have the hard copy of PER, we can apply for OHIP. Did anyone here try for this yet?

Suggestions plzzzz...

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I think the credential report is only for Beijing or Hongkong applicants not for all chinese applicants. Am I right?

anjuku said:
Hi jackson,
it says on the checklist that you have to provide a credential report for only your highest degree from china....so i think that's why they considered your bachelors and not your masters...

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
websphereguy said:
GeoCanadian, mine got returned simply because my letter from the Faculty of Grad Studies did not state have the statement "in good standing". At that time when I asked for the letter told them my requirements, FGS said it was not something that they are familiar with and the asked me to substantiate it with transcript that had the words "good standing".

Unfortunately CIC returned it because "good standing" had to be in the FGS letter. I was really pissed and showed them my rejection letter for them so they can see it for themselves. Now they are ok to include it. Oh well, I'm hoping to get the letter soonest so that my app be send off soon.
:( I am sorry to hear that, websphereguy. But don't worry - all it means is just a slight delay. My suspicion is that for the purposes of AOR from Buffelo office we all will be in the same batch anyhow.

Knowing CIC I just sked the Dean of Graduate Studies at my institution to copy the wording exactly as it appears in the document checklist under the letter of attestation requirment. He was very cooperative and did just that, repeating word to word what the document checklist asks for attestation letter, inserting my name and student number, of course. He just added the date, reference line ("RE: Attestation Letter for ....."), greeting ("Dear Citizenship and Immigration Canada Officer" and his signature. I did not even bother sending the transcript.

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
OMG,really?I didn't notice that. Maybe that's the reason. Gosh! I will contact them to see whether they will change their decision.

anjuku said:
Hi jackson,

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
mike5182 said:
Hi, I think the credential report is only for Beijing or Hongkong applicants not for all chinese applicants. Am I right?
Yes, I think so. It is only required for Beijing and Hongkong applicants. If they could return the package, you are able to figure out the reason why they did not assign points for your master's degree. and you can reapply before the Cap is full.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
HI, does anyone know whether we can send police certificate or other document to Buffalo visa office before we receive AOR?

cdhbamboo said:
Hi guys.
I received my Police Certificate recently. Now shall I send it to Buffalo Visa office now? (I had PER already). Or I should simply wait for AOR?

Thanks for your any suggestion.

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
asbereth. I just called the cic office, but they cannot do anything for me. The lady on the phone tells me to write an email to ask them to re-estimate my materials, but I am not sure they will do that before my package is returned. I will try the way in that post to fax them my condition ASAP. Thank you.

asbereth said:
jackson2209, I am really sorry that they rejected your application. However, since it does look like that there might be a mistake on their part, you can try telling them to reconsider your application using the following tips:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-deal-with-an-unfair-ner-a-negative-eligibility-review-t67741.0.html

The OP was actually able to overturn the NER into PER, and they heard back the next day. Let us know how it is, and please do not give up just yet.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi cdhbamboo,

I think you'd better call them and ask their suggestions.

cdhbamboo said:
HI, does anyone know whether we can send police certificate or other document to Buffalo visa office before we receive AOR?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
jackson2209 said:
asbereth. I just called the cic office, but they cannot do anything for me. The lady on the phone tells me to write an email to ask them to re-estimate my materials, but I am not sure they will do that before my package is returned. I will try the way in that post to fax them my condition ASAP. Thank you.
DO you have 17 years of education? If you have a masters but only, let say 14 years, they will give you only 20 points, doesn't matter the degree you have.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
GeoCanadian said:
:( I am sorry to hear that, websphereguy. But don't worry - all it means is just a slight delay. My suspicion is that for the purposes of AOR from Buffelo office we all will be in the same batch anyhow.

Knowing CIC I just sked the Dean of Graduate Studies at my institution to copy the wording exactly as it appears in the document checklist under the letter of attestation requirment. He was very cooperative and did just that, repeating word to word what the document checklist asks for attestation letter, inserting my name and student number, of course. He just added the date, reference line ("RE: Attestation Letter for ....."), greeting ("Dear Citizenship and Immigration Canada Officer" and his signature. I did not even bother sending the transcript.
I got it sorted out. Am headed to the post office to send it via express post.

ngag

Mar 9, 2012
AST said:
Can we get the hard copy of PER?

I was trying to apply for OHIP (Ontario Health Insuarance), but they need the original letter from CIC. For OHIP eligibility, the criteria is
"you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada".

So, I guess, if we have the hard copy of PER, we can apply for OHIP. Did anyone here try for this yet?

Suggestions plzzzz...
What immigration documents must I present to confirm my immigration status as an Applicant for Permanent Residence (previously called an Applicant for Landing) when applying for Ontario health insurance coverage?If you are applying for Ontario health insurance coverage as an Applicant for Permanent Residence, you are required to present written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada, which may be one of the following :

•CIC Confirmation Letter – letter on CIC letterhead addressed to the Applicant for Permanent Residence that confirms that the applicant is eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada;
•CIC Immigration document such as a Work Permit, Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit or Study Permit with note in the “Remarks Section” that indicates that you have applied for permanent residence; or
•A Work Permit case type 27, which are issued solely to individuals who have applied for permanent residence within Canada.

MR_NAWAZ

Mar 22, 2012
Email to CIO office about it to get a hard copy of PER for
OHIP.

ngag said:
What immigration documents must I present to confirm my immigration status as an Applicant for Permanent Residence (previously called an Applicant for Landing) when applying for Ontario health insurance coverage?If you are applying for Ontario health insurance coverage as an Applicant for Permanent Residence, you are required to present written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada, which may be one of the following :

•CIC Confirmation Letter – letter on CIC letterhead addressed to the Applicant for Permanent Residence that confirms that the applicant is eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada;
•CIC Immigration document such as a Work Permit, Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit or Study Permit with note in the “Remarks Section” that indicates that you have applied for permanent residence; or
•A Work Permit case type 27, which are issued solely to individuals who have applied for permanent residence within Canada.

AST

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 29, 2013
Nomination.....
PER: April 10, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
ngag said:

I am wondering whether PER is equivalent to the CIC confirmation letter.

But the problem is, even if they both are equivalent, we do not have the hard copy. They just informed us the eligibility by email. In the PER mail, it is given that "Based on a subsequent review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. "

Or else, how can we get this "CIC Confirmation letter"?

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
AST said:
.... a positive final determination of eligibility ..... "
These three words are the most important. Basically, after PER there are only few reasons why a person may be denied permanent residence in Canada (e.g. security threat; failing medical exam; or not presenting settlement funds). PER is as good as any other kind of "confirmation letter" from CIC. The only problem, I agree, is that it is in an email format. I don't know whether other agencies will honor it being an email.