App. Filed.......
Mar 19,2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 22, 2012---CC
Nomination.....
Mar 29,2012 --PER
AOR Received.
waiting
Canada post is good. Or even regular mail is good.

anjuku said:
Hi guys,
Just a quick question..i was wondering how you guys sent in your applications...i was thinking of xpress post...any other suggestions??
thanks! ;D

MR_NAWAZ

Mar 22, 2012
Hi All,
Do anyone know, can we request sydeny office for hard copy of the PER. As i believe all of us, who received PER is an email.right?

thanks

Nawaz

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
guowei018 said:
Canada post is good. Or even regular mail is good.
Hi guowei018, I see you got your PER already? Congratulations!!! Can you update us with more information regarding work experience, etc so snow_walker or TyrusX can update the spreadsheet? Also, if I remember correctly, your application got returned earlier, so what did you do to fix the problem? I just thought that this information would be useful for other :) But seriously, getting PER in 10 days is so damn fast :D Some of the applicants with returned applications seemed to receive their PER much much faster (smallkick was another example).

MR_NAWAZ said:
Hi All,
Do anyone know, can we request sydeny office for hard copy of the PER. As i believe all of us, who received PER is an email.right?
Hi MR_NAWAZ, can you update us your information and timeline (and also nationality, work experience, etc)? Also, if you provided email with your application, most likely they will only have correspondence with you through email (even medical requests).

Anyway, some FSW NDVO applicants with February PER have already gotten their medical requests. Buffalo is so slow :(

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
I GOT MY PER DATED APRIL 5TH! :p NOW, THE LONG WAIT MUST BEGIN FOR AOR...

I AM SURPRISED, THOUGH, THAT THEY DID NOT INCLUDE EXPLANATION OF POINTS ASSESED. HERE IS THE LETTER I RECEIEVED VIA EMAIL:

"FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER
CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE
P.O. BOX 7500
SYDNEY, NS B1P 0A9

HALIFAX NS B3H 0B2

CANADA

5 April 2012

Application: E000

Dear :

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. These instructions specify that applications from international students who are currently enrolled in a PhD program, or foreign nationals who have completed a PhD program, in a recognized educational institution located in Canada and that are accompanied by the results of the principal applicant’s English or French language proficiency assessment are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011.

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office as indicated on your application. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of 1400.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in 4742). Your receipt number is 0091761795. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

It is important for you to learn about the steps you need to take to get your credentials and qualifications recognized in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends that you review the resources on the Foreign Credentials Referral Office’s website (www.credentials.gc.ca) and the Department’s website (www.cic.gc.ca) for helpful information about living and finding work in Canada. If your application will be processed through China, India, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan or the UK, you might receive information and an invitation letter from CIC about free in-person assistance. In order to participate in this service you will require an invitation letter from the CIC mission which will be sent to you during the later stages of the immigration process if you are determined to be eligible for it. You can access information about this free in-person assistance at www.newcomersuccess.ca . Actual participation in this in-person service is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

JM

Service Delivery Agent

Citizenship and Immigration

Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Office

Sydney, Nova Scotia

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail by mistake delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail address is solely for the purpose of communicating to clients and/or their representative’s further instructions regarding their application. This e-mail box is not being monitored. Any future communication/queries to this e-mail address will therefore not be answered.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Wowo GeoCanadian, congrats, Super Fast PER. I can't believe how fast it was actually! If it get faster than this they will give PER before people even send their application!

According to the OB 400 released yesterday, they ceassed evaluating all the applications from before 2008. This will make things much faster, as it is clear alread, at least at CIC level.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
TyrusX said:
Wowo GeoCanadian, congrats, Super Fast PER. I can't believe how fast it was actually! If it get faster than this they will give PER before people even send their application!

According to the OB 400 released yesterday, they ceassed evaluating all the applications from before 2008. This will make things much faster, as it is clear alread, at least at CIC level.
Thanks TyrusX! Yes, this was much faster than I could even dream! My application was received on the 28th of March, credit card charged on the 2nd of April and PER showed up in my email today, April 5th! I hope Buffelo office will get its act together and won't make us wait too long...

Good luck everyone! (now, back to boring research ::) )

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
GeoCanadian said:
Thanks TyrusX! Yes, this was much faster than I could even dream! My application was received on the 28th of March, credit card charged on the 2nd of April and PER showed up in my email today, April 5th! I hope Buffelo office will get its act together and won't make us wait too long...

Congrats. the total no. has been updated to 531.

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
OMG, you are really a superman! Congrats! Where is my PER ::)

GeoCanadian said:
I GOT MY PER DATED APRIL 5TH! :p NOW, THE LONG WAIT MUST BEGIN FOR AOR...

I AM SURPRISED, THOUGH, THAT THEY DID NOT INCLUDE EXPLANATION OF POINTS ASSESED. HERE IS THE LETTER I RECEIEVED VIA EMAIL:

"FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER
CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE
P.O. BOX 7500
SYDNEY, NS B1P 0A9

HALIFAX NS B3H 0B2

CANADA

5 April 2012

Application: E000

Dear :

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. These instructions specify that applications from international students who are currently enrolled in a PhD program, or foreign nationals who have completed a PhD program, in a recognized educational institution located in Canada and that are accompanied by the results of the principal applicant's English or French language proficiency assessment are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011.

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office as indicated on your application. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of 1400.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in 4742). Your receipt number is 0091761795. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

It is important for you to learn about the steps you need to take to get your credentials and qualifications recognized in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends that you review the resources on the Foreign Credentials Referral Office's website (www.credentials.gc.ca) and the Department's website (www.cic.gc.ca) for helpful information about living and finding work in Canada. If your application will be processed through China, India, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan or the UK, you might receive information and an invitation letter from CIC about free in-person assistance. In order to participate in this service you will require an invitation letter from the CIC mission which will be sent to you during the later stages of the immigration process if you are determined to be eligible for it. You can access information about this free in-person assistance at www.newcomersuccess.ca . Actual participation in this in-person service is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

JM

Service Delivery Agent

Citizenship and Immigration

Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Office

Sydney, Nova Scotia

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail by mistake delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail address is solely for the purpose of communicating to clients and/or their representative's further instructions regarding their application. This e-mail box is not being monitored. Any future communication/queries to this e-mail address will therefore not be answered.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Hi Folks,

Out of concern, I don't recall for our particular stream, having to tick or mark any check box saying explicitly, I apply for PhD stream right? I suppose they will just sort out your application and look through to determine if based on the set of documents you provided, that you are applying for this stream? Sort of a judgement call by the reviewer!? I hope they didn't sort mine as a non-PhD stream applicant.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Hi Folks,

Out of concern, I don't recall for our particular stream, having to tick or mark any check box saying explicitly, I apply for PhD stream right? I suppose they will just sort out your application and look through to determine if based on the set of documents you provided, that you are applying for this stream? Sort of a judgement call by the reviewer!? I hope they didn't sort mine as a non-PhD stream applicant.
I wrote a cover letter with a BIG FSW -3 PHD STREAM title, and wrote that in the envelope as well.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
I wrote a cover letter with a BIG FSW -3 PHD STREAM title, and wrote that in the envelope as well.
How bout others?

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
GeoCanadian said:

GeoCanadian, did you put anything to indicate your application is for PhD stream?

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
websphereguy said:
GeoCanadian, did you put anything to indicate your application is for PhD stream?
Yes, I did. On the envelope I wrote "Federal Skilled Worker - PhD Stream". In my cover letter I wrote "Re: Application for Canadian Permanent Residence under the PhD Stream".

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
I have a suggestion for the tracking spreadsheet - maybe we should add another column - "Days since PER"? I suspect that at the begining the PERs were issued much slower because they had not allocated resources for this new stream of applications. It looks like they have implemented a systematic procedure for this new stream by now and PERs are issued much, much faster. So, I am thinking that the days passed after issuance of PER is now more telling than the avarage time it took for us to get these PERs.