+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
The problem is I do not remember the test center code and Applicant Code. They do not answer phone and email.
*censored word*. I was on the same boat until I remembered my CAIPS. It includes all the information about my IELTS test. Have you ever ordered your CAIPS?

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
I think that you should send them the originals of they asked to be original. The only exception is the IELTS results, which you can send a copy. I think It is a good idea to let them know that we were rejected on our work letter. That might make our case revision faster. The letter of reference should be Original, as they asked, so does the police certificate.
I am trying to gather all documents and re apply in coming weeks; However I would not get too optimistic this time, as they mentioned that new regulations will apply to cases.

Aidin:
I saw your message, but I could not reply! Sorry about that! The website did not allow me. Many of the documents are asked only for copies. The rest that they asked for originals are those that need to be renewed and we all better send new one, the original documents.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Ace_2012 said:
I think that you should send them the originals of they asked to be original. The only exception is the IELTS results, which you can send a copy. I think It is a good idea to let them know that we were rejected on our work letter. That might make our case revision faster. The letter of reference should be Original, as they asked, so does the police certificate.
I am trying to gather all documents and re apply in coming weeks; However I would not get too optimistic this time, as they mentioned that new regulations will apply to cases.

Aidin:
I saw your message, but I could not reply! Sorry about that! The website did not allow me. Many of the documents are asked only for copies. The rest that they asked for originals are those that need to be renewed and we all better send new one, the original documents.
What I am wondering is that, the checklist asks for the copies of certain documents such as T4, TA4, study or work permit. Are they certified true copies or just photocopy of those documents.

BTW, if we apply before May 4th, we will be assessed based on the current regulation. So hurry up !

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
asbereth said:
I guess the checklist only mentions about IELTS, but in Ace_2012's rejection letter, the officer states the following
I didn't get that! As they only originals required are the forms, PCC, attestation, Forms,and IELTS if it is the first time. All expect the IELTS should be originals in the second time, as they must be up to date. Every thing else is not required to be original in the checklist.

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
First time I send copy of some of the documents. There was no problem, at least not before my rejection! It would take a long time to make new translations, or even certify them. They just mentioned copies, and therefore I don't think you need to certify them.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
hooman2012 said:
This can not be true, what do you mean by good PhD students? every body can write so much detail about his/her RA. If they need detail they would not say your job description does not match the NOC , they would say not enough detail.
Supporting documents? Like sending our conference and jurnal papers to prove that it is actually part of our RA?
Well, you see what is happening. They asked people to submit their CV, etc., and there have been cases that all agreed on unfair rejections. Ppl had letters that match NOC duties, still got rejected.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
I agree it is unfair that they changed the quality level that they want for documents/letters. Like previously, they were not so picky. They used to accept letters easily. And now they changed their mind and refused many ppl since last year. This is unfair that they changed stuff so easy. Agreed. To be more fair, they should've added "provide all details of your work experience blah blah".

But, thinking about work experiences, would you accept the letters that ppl sent last year to them? Our letters (including mine) were so short, no details, and were not enough descriptive. A true, fair, well organized immigration system should not accept them.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
This time I have prepared my reference letter in 4 pages full of text. Officer would not be able to reject me within 1-2 minutes. He will need to spend at least 10 minutes to read it :p. 10 minutes against 1 year, is it a good deal?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
This time I have prepared my reference letter in 4 pages full of text. Officer would not be able to reject me within 1-2 minutes. He will need to spend at least 10 minutes to read it :p. 10 minutes against 1 year, is it a good deal?
What did you write? All about RA?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
What did you write? All about RA?
Yes, it is all about RA. Different projects which I have been attached to, all the journal papers and conference presentations for each project, and my duties for each of them (duties are more or less the same for all of projects, but I repeated them under each project title)

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
What I am wondering is that, the checklist asks for the copies of certain documents such as T4, TA4, study or work permit. Are they certified true copies or just photocopy of those documents.

BTW, if we apply before May 4th, we will be assessed based on the current regulation. So hurry up !
What is wrong with the new regulation? I think it is even better.