+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Saph said:
Hi guys,

I am going to send my passport to CIC, Doo you have any suggestions regarding the post? should I send any other document along with the passport?

There is two ways to send the passport, which one you suggest?

Canada Post:

CPC – Ottawa

PO Box 9780

Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:

CPC – Ottawa

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
I sent it using PO Box.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

Congratulations to all of you who got MR, and PPR. specially Viva and Kamran,

I have a question, I ordered GCMS on June 1st and I July 2nd I emailed them that I haven't received my notes, they replied back saying that they acknowledge my note is overdue and they will send it ASAP. I still haven't received it! I emailed them 2 days ago but no reply . Has anyone had this problem before?

BTW: is they any other Oct applicant on this forum waiting for PPR?
Hi farahnz,

Thank you for your message.

Don't worry. It happened to me once and i got it after 35 days. You will get it for sure as they acknowledge that it is overdue.

BTW, did your September friends got PPR?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
perfection_88 said:
Farahnaz,
I am October applicant and still waiting for PPR. I received my last GCMS notes last week. It shows criminality is still in progress and everything related to security is blank (I have about 2 blank pages for security screening!). It has been three months after my medical submission and this long wait time is not pleasant. Please share your experience if you get your GCMS or PPR.

Viva and kamran or other people that got PPR,
Can you share the location history of your file (before getting ppr). The current location of my file is "FSW-REG" and I don't know how close I am to getting PPR.
I am waiting for my new GCMS (will receive it this week probably). Based on the previous one, the last location was on ZS****. I have seen some applicants that "FSW-REG" is one of the final locations. Hopefully it happens to you as well.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Viva2014 said:
Hi farahnz,

Thank you for your message.

Don't worry. It happened to me once and i got it after 35 days. You will get it for sure as they acknowledge that it is overdue.

BTW, did your September friends got PPR?
Well yeah, but it is frustrating that you have to wait longer even for getting GCMS that usually takes 30 days.

One of them got PPR too, the same time as you, the other still waiting, poor thing

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hi Viva,

Congratulations!

Are you in Toronto?

How long time did you wait for the appointment? It seems so fast for you. I heard about that it will take us around one month to land in a local CIC office.

Viva2014 said:
I landed today at the local CIC office. It went very smooth and the lady was so kind. She asked me the employment letter and nothing else. It took around 10 minutes to be done.
Thanks again for your support and wish you speedy MR and PPR and smooth landing.

Good luck :) :) :) :)

Enginer315

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
14-05-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Interview........
4th Line (DM): 29-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-07-2015
Viva2014 said:
Actually, my friend had the similar issue and before going for landing he called the center and they advised him to postpone his landing after coming back as the officer in the boarder may refuse him to enter to Canada without having PR card or traveling document. So, he did his landing after coming back.
Hi Viva2014,

did you mean that "your friend landed from some where he planned ??"

Thanks

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hi folks,

I forwarded an email to cpc-ottawa to confirm whether they have received my medical examination result two days ago. I got a quick reply last night. The good news is my medical examination result is already in their system. And the assessment is in process.

I thought the delay may be due to my "TB" history which was a story around 15 years ago. However, I provided some former examination result carried out in Canada to the immigration medical examination doctor. I hope that I will be qualified for the exemption of Sputum examination.

Anyone have similar experience?

lavalsong said:
Hi folks,

Congratulations to your PPR and successful landing.

Any idea or advice about my case? It seems to be stuck after medical examination request and RPRF.

I received medical examination request on 25th May, 2015. And I sent my ME receipt to CIC on 25th May, 2015, because I did an up-front medical examination on 6th April. However, I have not received any news from CIC since then. And the 3rd line is still not available in my eCAS system.

I received my GCMS this morning, it was ordered on 12nd June. In the "fees" section, It said RPRF is paid. And in the "Incomeing" section, it said the verification of Medical examination is received. However in the "activity" part, the latest one is as following:

sub-activity/activity type: medical
field name:status
new value: sent
updated date:2015/05/25

And here is my timeline:
App. Filed.......: 20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.: 26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
PER-CIO:11-Feb-2015
File Transfer...: 27-Feb-2015
Med's Request: 25-May-2015
Med's Done....: 6-April-2015

Do I need to contact CPC-Ottawa?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
farahnz said:
Well yeah, but it is frustrating that you have to wait longer even for getting GCMS that usually takes 30 days.

One of them got PPR too, the same time as you, the other still waiting, poor thing
Yes, I know. I sent an email to ATIP yesterday and they replied me today. They told me if you do not receive it one business day after its due date, send us an email providing your file number.

Hope you will be among the applicants getting PPR in the next round of PPR.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
lavalsong said:
Hi Viva,

Congratulations!

Are you in Toronto?

How long time did you wait for the appointment? It seems so fast for you. I heard about that it will take us around one month to land in a local CIC office.
No I am not in Toronto. At the same day I contacted them, the local office sent an email to me and arranged an appointment.
What you said is true. It depends on how busy they are. I heard that you can land in Ottawa on specific days without getting appointment (first come, first serve).

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Enginer315 said:
Hi Viva2014,

did you mean that "your friend landed from some where he planned ??"

Thanks
I meant that he wanted to land before traveling. So, he called the call center to make sure if he comes back without PR card, he can enter Canada but the call agent advised him that he may not be permitted to come to Canada without PR card or traveling document. The reason is that when you land, your immigration visa and student visa are voided and you cannot use them anymore. Therefore, he first traveled and when he came back, he did his landing at airport.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hi Viva,

Did you find the office address in the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

:)

Viva2014 said:
I meant that he wanted to land before traveling. So, he called the call center to make sure if he comes back without PR card, he can enter Canada but the call agent advised him that he may not be permitted to come to Canada without PR card or traveling document. The reason is that when you land, your immigration visa and student visa are voided and you cannot use them anymore. Therefore, he first traveled and when he came back, he did his landing at airport.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
lavalsong said:
Hi Viva,

Did you find the office address in the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

:)
No, I called CIC and told the agent that I would like to do landing in the local city and she advised me that it may take 3 weeks and I said that's ok and then she sent a message to the local CIC office (in the city I am living) and luckily they (local CIC office) contacted me at the same day and arranged an appointment.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Got it. Thank you :)

Viva2014 said:
No, I called CIC and told the agent that I would like to do landing in the local city and she advised me that it may take 3 weeks and I said that's ok and then she sent a message to the local CIC office (in the city I am living) and luckily they (local CIC office) contacted me at the same day and arranged an appointment.

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
lavalsong said:
Hi folks,

I forwarded an email to cpc-ottawa to confirm whether they have received my medical examination result two days ago. I got a quick reply last night. The good news is my medical examination result is already in their system. And the assessment is in process.

I thought the delay may be due to my "TB" history which was a story around 15 years ago. However, I provided some former examination result carried out in Canada to the immigration medical examination doctor. I hope that I will be qualified for the exemption of Sputum examination.

Anyone have similar experience?
I was required to have a second medical exam (sputum test) and take a second chest x ray in August. :'(