+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Guys, I had sent my RPRF about a month ago. I sent them the recipt just the way it was which had only my name in the Name part. I did not fill other information and just sent it to them as an attachment with the email having all the details of my application. I hope that this is ok. In my status page it says my application is in progress and only mentions the start day for the processing of my application and also that my medical was received. Why it doesnt say that my fee was also paid? in the email they had sent asking for payment it said For fastest service, please attach it to an email and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais @ cic.gc.ca. I also sent the email to this adddress too and got the acknowledgment. It should be fine, right? I am worried now..

formal_verification

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 14-01-2015
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-04-2015 (Updated on ECAS 01 May 2015)
Interview........
Decision Made (June 12, 2015)
Passport Req..
June 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 27, 2015
absolute_boy97 said:
in the email they had sent asking for payment it said For fastest service, please attach it to an email and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais @ cic.gc.ca. I also sent the email to this adddress too and got the acknowledgment. It should be fine, right?
Yes I should be fine

bicycle_boys

May 10, 2015
Hi,

Could somebody please help me with this situation?

I got an email from CPC-O on March 31 2015 to provide the following:
1· PhD program info (field of study+supervisor info+CV+publications)
2· Medical examination
3· Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

I sent the hard-copy of (phD program info) and (RPRF) via mail to CPC-O per their request.
However on CIC online service webpage I only see "Medical results have been received". But not my (phD program info) and (RPRF).
My FEDEX online tracking shows they received the hard-copies on April 10 2015. It is one month passed and no updates from them yet.

Question1: Does anyone know How can I make sure they received my (phD program info) and (RPRF)?
Question2: Did I have to email the softcopies of (phD program info) and (RPRF) as well?
Question3: How can I contact CPC-O? Can I sen emails to "CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca"? Do they reply?
Question4: Is it normal that 1 month has passed from receipt of hard copies by CPC-O and I did not become PR yet?

[I mailed my PR application at September 18 2014]

Spartans

May 16, 2013
Dear,

My nationality doesn't need a visa to enter Canada so that I can enter without visa.
With this case, could anyone answer my question?

My family are living in Canada with student/temporary resident visa.

]I am going to Toronto with COPR soon to land. But I do not want to process twice, myself and with family.
So I am landing in as a visitor, not mentioning COPR/Permanent resident Card then I want to go to border with family to land in.
Will there be any issue for doing like this? Is it OK officer happen to find out I have a COPR, after not mentioning at airport?

Thanks.
Spartans

username27

Apr 4, 2012
Hi,
I have applied for PR in October without the Police clearance from my country. So I attached a cover letter in the application package with reference to my previous police clearance number and that I have already applied for the new police clearance.
In my CIC it shows, application received on Oct 3, 2014. Started processing application on April 22, 2015. I received email for medical and RPRF on April 23rd and I have finished those on may 4th. I am not sure whether the medical reports has been sent to the CPC-O yet which I will check it tomorrow. At the same time I received my police clearance from my country last Friday. So my question is whether I should send the police clearance to CPC-O now or I should wait and if they ask only I should send it? Since they have asked me tp do the RPRF and medical I feel they might not need the Police clearance and sending my PC without their request might delay it. Any advice on this?

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
Hello,
I would recommend you to wait until CIC asks. I think in their email they have mentioned something like "don't send any documents until ask".
In my case, criminal check came after medical check. They received my medical check in Jan. and asked for fingerprint in the end of March.

Hope that helps.

ch
username27 said:
Hi,
I have applied for PR in October without the Police clearance from my country. So I attached a cover letter in the application package with reference to my previous police clearance number and that I have already applied for the new police clearance.
In my CIC it shows, application received on Oct 3, 2014. Started processing application on April 22, 2015. I received email for medical and RPRF on April 23rd and I have finished those on may 4th. I am not sure whether the medical reports has been sent to the CPC-O yet which I will check it tomorrow. At the same time I received my police clearance from my country last Friday. So my question is whether I should send the police clearance to CPC-O now or I should wait and if they ask only I should send it? Since they have asked me tp do the RPRF and medical I feel they might not need the Police clearance and sending my PC without their request might delay it. Any advice on this?

phemdorc

Dec 31, 2014
PhD Applicant FSW said:
I have followed in this forum and after paying for RPRF and i printed off the receipt and filled in all required information and sent that hard copy along with other documents that were requested to the program assistant who is dealing with your application. You might also consider sending your hard copy of receipt through courier with attention to the same program assistant who sent you RPRF or Medical. Hope this helps you.
Well, it depends on how you want to assure yourself. I know CIC can be very slow but they are not untidy. They are very thorough. If they have sent you an auto-reply confirming the receipt of your RPRF, then just relax yourself. Your RPRF status doesn't show on your ECAS. I have received my PPR and all i did after paying my RPRF was to fill in the info, scan and send to the email provided. I received the automated email like you received and nothing changed on my ECAS. But now i have my PPs with CIC waiting to be sent back to me with my PR visas. But if you feel you would alleviate your anxiety by sending hard copies, please do but it wouldn't change anything.

phemdorc

Dec 31, 2014
player035 said:
A question about RPRF.

I paid and sent my RPRF receipt through email last week. But except for an auto reply email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca, I haven't got any other message. My question is how do we confirm if they have received our RPRF. I paid online by credit card but the system has no relation to our UCI or other ID. Its seems the only way is the receipt sent to them. Should I just be waiting now?

I checked my application status and it says my Med exam has been received, but no info for the RPRF

Would anyone help me?
Well, it depends on how you want to assure yourself. I know CIC can be very slow but they are not untidy. They are very thorough. If they have sent you an auto-reply confirming the receipt of your RPRF, then just relax yourself. Your RPRF status doesn't show on your ECAS. I have received my PPR and all i did after paying my RPRF was to fill in the info, scan and send to the email provided. I received the automated email like you received and nothing changed on my ECAS. But now i have my PPs with CIC waiting to be sent back to me with my PR visas. But if you feel you would alleviate your anxiety by sending hard copies, please do but it wouldn't change anything.

phemdorc

Dec 31, 2014
absolute_boy97 said:
Guys, I had sent my RPRF about a month ago. I sent them the recipt just the way it was which had only my name in the Name part. I did not fill other information and just sent it to them as an attachment with the email having all the details of my application. I hope that this is ok. In my status page it says my application is in progress and only mentions the start day for the processing of my application and also that my medical was received. Why it doesnt say that my fee was also paid???? I am worried now..
Do not worry. Your RPRF status (whether paid or pending receipt of payment) doesn't show on your ECAS. As long as you have emailed to them the receipt with your barcode on it and they have acknowledged thru the automatic email that they have received your form, they have a way of linking your payment with your application. CIC will not cheat you, although they can be very slow. If they have received your MED report as well, then the only thing to be worried about is how long it will take them to send your PPR. If you are in doubt, you can call them but i bet they will confirm to you that your payment is already received, so why bother?

username27

Apr 4, 2012
RAP_PhD said:
Hello,
I would recommend you to wait until CIC asks. I think in their email they have mentioned something like "don't send any documents until ask".
In my case, criminal check came after medical check. They received my medical check in Jan. and asked for fingerprint in the end of March.

Hope that helps.

ch
okay. I remember something like that too. I will wait and if they ask for the updated police clearance, will send it. Thanks

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
You'll be fine. It is up to you when to land as an immigrant. You can tell the border officer that you would like to land later on with your family.

Spartans said:
Dear,

My nationality doesn't need a visa to enter Canada so that I can enter without visa.
With this case, could anyone answer my question?

My family are living in Canada with student/temporary resident visa.

]I am going to Toronto with COPR soon to land. But I do not want to process twice, myself and with family.
So I am landing in as a visitor, not mentioning COPR/Permanent resident Card then I want to go to border with family to land in.
Will there be any issue for doing like this? Is it OK officer happen to find out I have a COPR, after not mentioning at airport?

Thanks.
Spartans

PhD Applicant FSW

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
24-04-2015, 05-05-2015
Nomination.....
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application; RPRF: 05-05-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015; Uploaded: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Third Line 02-06-2015; Decision Made: 22-06-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015 Received: 09-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
Congratulations!! How long after medical, you got PPR? Can you share your timeline with us?
AWO1 said:
Hi All,

I got Passport request yesterday without medical result update on my ecas. Good luck to all..

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
Congrats ;D ;D ;D ;D and +1 for you ; :D :D :D :D
Would you share your timeline?

AWO1 said:
Hi All,

I got Passport request yesterday without medical result update on my ecas. Good luck to all..

phemdorc

Dec 31, 2014
I now have my PPs returned with the PR visas. Thank you all who have stood by me all thru the cruel waiting period. It is so much a joy to witness after the "killing" waiting period.

Timeline is:

App Rced (CIO): Sept 29th, 2014
CC: Dec 13, 2014
PER: Jan 7, 2015
MED and RPRF: April 30, 2015
PPR: May 7, 2015
PPs Returned: May 12, 2015.

I wish everyone expecting good news to receive their lucky mails soon. You guys are wonderful.

Now, i am preparing to go for landing this weekend.

I will still be actively involved on this forum to offer helps and advice to my waiting colleagues.

All the best