+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My physician also transferred the results last Monday via eMedical and CPC-Ottawa hasn't updated my online status yet. It seems there might also be delays even with medical results. OMG this is soo stressful.

No worries unruffledterry, I am also telling everyone to be patient when the most impatient one seems to be myself ;)

[quote author= link=topic=87348.msg3716440#msg3716440 date=1415902622]
Guys, I'm a bit worried here. I finished my medicals on the 20th of Oct but the doctor did not send it over until the 5th of Nov (smh). My status online does not show that medicals have been received. How long does it take for medicals to be loaded online? Does everyone see the medical received line on their status? Judging from what I see here, people usually get passport request within 2 weeks of doing their medicals. I applied in April. I'm just freaking out here. Ordinary, I would advice someone in my position to be patient. I wonder why I cant apply that advice to myself.
[/quote]

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your application was rejected after medicals????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please explain why so happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Dark_Diamond said:
Don't worry buddy. There were many cases before, whom got PPR without any change in their online status. It may take more time for the officer to update your status. What is expected from your situation, I can say you will probably get PPR soon.
My application was rejected 2 years ago after medical test! Even after rejection, my status was "In Process". So don't worry.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pepe84 said:
Your application was rejected after medicals????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please explain why so happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Unfortunately Yes! This is the third time I am applying for PR. The first time my application was rejected, since they did not accept my work experience. The second time I was asked for Medical test. After med. request, I was asked for proof of fund as well. I did not have sufficient money in my account and they rejected my application.
I should mention that in the second time, I never saw "medical received" online. In some cases, the officer does not update the status after making decisions.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so sorry to hear that and I sincerely hope and wish you get your PR this time. I've never seen/heard of any cases like this. Did they ask for proof of fund together with the medical exam request, before, or after?

Dark_Diamond said:
Unfortunately Yes! This is the third time I am applying for PR. The first time my application was rejected, since they did not accept my work experience. The second time I was asked for Medical test. After med. request, I was asked for proof of fund as well. I did not have sufficient money in my account and they rejected my application.
I should mention that in the second time, I never saw "medical received" online. In some cases, the officer does not update the status after making decisions.

Jhvan604

Jul 16, 2012
Hello guys..

I think i need you guys advice. I was waiting for my COPR almost a month so I emailed to CPP-O if I missed any communication from them.

They replied me yesterday, confirming that they actually sent my COPR on October 15th by regular mail. But I did not receive any mail from CIC. I've carefully checked my mailbox everyday.. This is a very stressful situation.

Since the CIC sent the COPR by regular mail, (I believe) Canada post cannot track the mail.
Any advice? or experience??? This is an extremely stressful situation. I have no idea what to do- I sent an email to CPP-O, but I am sure it takes forever to hear from them. ><

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Thanks guys. It good to know that I'm not the only one in this situation. I was hoping I'd land before the end of the year. The chances of that looks very slim now. I guess I should just TRY and move on with my life and let CIC reach me when they will. Hmmm!!!

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pepe84 said:
I am so sorry to hear that and I sincerely hope and wish you get your PR this time. I've never seen/heard of any cases like this. Did they ask for proof of fund together with the medical exam request, before, or after?

They asked for proof of fund after. As you know Pepe, their behavior is so unpredictable. I was happy at the day when I received my Med. Request. But my happiness did not continue when I remembered the last time I applied and rejection of my application. My case was really a special case and hopefully it wont happen for anybody else. But from my own experience and few others (in different forums), medical may not be the last step.
However, I wish best luck for all the applicants in this and other rooms. Hopefully this time we make it. Lets be optimistic.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When were you asked for passport request?

Jhvan604 said:
Hello guys..

I think i need you guys advice. I was waiting for my COPR almost a month so I emailed to CPP-O if I missed any communication from them.

They replied me yesterday, confirming that they actually sent my COPR on October 15th by regular mail. But I did not receive any mail from CIC. I've carefully checked my mailbox everyday.. This is a very stressful situation.

Since the CIC sent the COPR by regular mail, (I believe) Canada post cannot track the mail.
Any advice? or experience??? This is an extremely stressful situation. I have no idea what to do- I sent an email to CPP-O, but I am sure it takes forever to hear from them. ><

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They asked for POF after you submitted your medicals or right after you got the email with medical request?

Dark_Diamond said:
They asked for proof of fund after. As you know Pepe, their behavior is so unpredictable. I was happy at the day when I received my Med. Request. But my happiness did not continue when I remembered the last time I applied and rejection of my application. My case was really a special case and hopefully it wont happen for anybody else. But from my own experience and few others (in different forums), medical may not be the last step.
However, I wish best luck for all the applicants in this and other rooms. Hopefully this time we make it. Lets be optimistic.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, did they ask for RPRF request before they rejected your application? I am just trying to predict if this unfortunate event could happen again to any of us !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark_Diamond said:

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pepe84 said:
They asked for POF after you submitted your medicals or right after you got the email with medical request?
They asked it a month later.

Jhvan604

Jul 16, 2012
pepe84 said:
When were you asked for passport request?

No passport request as I am from a visa exemption country..

My ECAS changed to "Decision made" on Oct 10, and the CPP-O confirmed that their record indicates that the COPR was sent to me on Oct 15th.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pepe84 said:
Also, did they ask for RPRF request before they rejected your application? I am just trying to predict if this unfortunate event could happen again to any of us !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was never asked for RPRF. POF was asked one month after medical. But the good news is that, this time, we all got Med. Request and RPRF request at the same time :)

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
pepe84 said:
My physician also transferred the results last Monday via eMedical and CPC-Ottawa hasn't updated my online status yet. It seems there might also be delays even with medical results. OMG this is soo stressful.

No worries unruffledterry, I am also telling everyone to be patient when the most impatient one seems to be myself ;)
I underwent medical exam on 4th Nov, my doc still hasnt sent the results. it is so frustrating how they dont even care about our requests. Front desk staff at that clinic are so rude and dont even say the status.
Finally one staff told me that they might have got my lab results by 7th Nov and they are lying on doc's desk. The doc not even bothered to upload them. I emailed doc three times, no reply as usual. why did she give me her email ID if she doesnt even check her email at least once in a week.

I suggest that the future applicants should stay away from this clinic.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you live in a building apartment or just a detached house? If you live in a bldg apartment, I would ask all neighbors with unit number similar to yours. Have you contacted Canada Post yet?

Also, when they signed a CoPR, it doesn't necessarily mean it went out to the courier agency on the same day. They may sign all documents on Monday for example, and on Friday a person takes them all to Canada post. So you may get it soon or it may be in a wrong address. :(

Jhvan604 said:
No passport request as I am from a visa exemption country..

My ECAS changed to "Decision made" on Oct 10, and the CPP-O confirmed that their record indicates that the COPR was sent to me on Oct 15th.