Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
MSE said:
Hi TyrusX,
Thanks for your reply. My point was - I'll get 14K in the form of scholarship+TA+RA over the next 1 year for my living. If I can manage supporting documents for this claim from my university, will it serve as an alternative to the bank balance?
I'm sorry to say that I don't think that will suffice. The reason for that amount of funding is that they consider that you will get here, without a job and need money to live at least for an year without one. Obviously, our situation is different, but they didn't have that in mind, most probably, when writing the regulations. Guys, any input other input here would be appreciated.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
TyrusX said:
I'm sorry to say that I don't think that will suffice. The reason for that amount of funding is that they consider that you will get here, without a job and need money to live at least for an year without one. Obviously, our situation is different, but they didn't have that in mind, most probably, when writing the regulations. Guys, any input other input here would be appreciated.
I agree with you Tyrus, I am pretty sure you are going to need the $14,000 in a bank account somewhere.

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
jessiezz said:
My application is reviewed in Ottawa.

I have only included RA/TA experience. Sounds good news to many people here :)
Congratulation jessiezz that is really a good piece of news any one heard from snowwalker?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
samira sokn said:
Congratulation jessiezz that is really a good piece of news any one heard from snowwalker?
he was here last Friday.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
This is, I believe, one of the drawbacks in applying through PhD stream. They should've made the PhD stream a class under CEC so we wouldn't have to worry about bank balance anymore (and even number of points). I personally know several students under similar circumstances (that they too are PhD students, whose Canadian work experience is only TA/RA), but with Canadian degrees, so they were actually eligible to apply under CEC, and they didn't have to provide bank statements as proof of funds. Because we are under FSW, unfortunately we need to provide bank statements, and apparently, even 6 months worth of transactions :( Maybe while writing the regulations, they expected most PhD students to be self-funded...

a_nashed said:
Please, post your dates, nationality, number of applicants, ecas status, and kind of work experience.
Hi Again
Hi a_nashed, can you provide the date your credit card got charged as well? Thanks.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Regarding our tracker file - I think it is more relevant to track (a) number of overall days passed since date PER was received, and (b) number of days passed since date of PER till MEDs received. What do all of you think?

My reasoning is this: At the beginning, CIC office in NS was not issuing PERs waiting possibly for the resources and instructions to be allocated to them. Once they started issuing PERs the review process proved very fast. So, now I believe CIC-Ottawa will be going based on PER dates and we should all see MEDs come through to us in about 3 months' time from our individual PER dates. Based on this information I can expect that when “Days Since PER” ticker passes 90 my MEDs will arrive soon. More importantly, we can watch if the average number of days passed since date of PER till MEDs will start shrinking or growing giving us some insight what we may expect in our case.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
GeoCanadian said:
Regarding our tracker file - I think it is more relevant to track (a) number of overall days passed since date PER was received, and (b) number of days passed since date of PER till MEDs received. What do all of you think?

My reasoning is this: At the beginning, CIC office in NS was not issuing PERs waiting possibly for the resources and instructions to be allocated to them. Once they started issuing PERs the review process proved very fast. So, now I believe CIC-Ottawa will be going based on PER dates and we should all see MEDs come through to us in about 3 months' time from our individual PER dates. Based on this information I can expect that when “Days Since PER” ticker passes 90 my MEDs will arrive soon. More importantly, we can watch if the average number of days passed since date of PER till MEDs will start shrinking or growing giving us some insight what we may expect in our case.
I had the same Idea this morning. It really seems a 3 months B'FD date.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
TyrusX said:
I had the same Idea this morning. It really seems a 3 months B'FD date.
So, if we are right, you should see your MEDs in a week's time or so... :) Look forward to hearing the news from you... Then one month from that time I should be getting mine... :D

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
GeoCanadian said:
So, if we are right, you should see your MEDs in a week's time or so... :) Look forward to hearing the news from you... Then one month from that time I should be getting mine... :D
I hope so. I will be in Arizona next week. I hope I can book the medical as soon as I can.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
So what is your idea of how it works guys? Do they start processing the application on the first BF'D date (PER + 3 months)? Or do they begin processing earlier and send you the medical request only after they were convinced your application is otherwise successful? In other words, is the medical request the last step of the processing?

jessiezz

Jan 31, 2012
MR_NAWAZ said:
Jessiezz, congrats.
May we know you funding letter was just showing the amount you have in bank acc or also you showed the transactions history?
I did not include the transaction history.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
kg.jadu said:
So what is your idea of how it works guys? Do they start processing the application on the first BF'D date (PER + 3 months)? Or do they begin processing earlier and send you the medical request only after they were convinced your application is otherwise successful? In other words, is the medical request the last step of the processing?
I think it is the third. First evaluation for eligibility, then background checking(which may be continuous with all the others.), then medical, and finally passport request.
Now I'm actually optimist that some here may actually be done before November!

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
jessiezz said:
Congrats jessiezz~ I just have a quick question. In the medical request, do they specify where you should do the exam? Does it have to be in Canada? Or it could also be in your country of origin? Thanks.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
jessiezz said:
Thank you very much, Jessiezz.

One more question: I will travel back to China from July to August. So I am wondering whether it is allowed that I finish my medical exam in China, while my application is submitted to Buffalo(maybe Ottawa now). Do you have any clue from letters?

I found something from online :"If you or any eligible dependent are outside your normal area of residence for an extended period of time, it may be possible for you to be examined by a DMP in another area. Additional information on DMPs in other countries is available on the internet". These are told to be on the letters.

Is it true?