28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
xzjh1985 said:
I think your problem is with the reference letter.

It is actually clear that the description in your reference letter may not on par with job description under NOC 6321.

Have you read the NOC qualification requirements?

Employment requirements
-Completion of secondary school is usually required.
-Cook's trade certification, which is available in all provinces and territories, or equivalent credentials, training and experience, are required.

first line says culinary school is optional, but second line clearly says you do need a certification to qualify being a chef.
Not trying to be an ass here, I think CIC has a strong case here.
I agree. Good analysis.

samleb

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-april-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
i think you guys are right, i just have an idea someone told if u move to montreal and apply there again in the province it would make it easier, what do you guys think ? specially i heard people there are getting Pr without putting any effort.

xzjh1985

Aug 27, 2012
samleb said:
i think you guys are right, i just have an idea someone told if u move to montreal and apply there again in the province it would make it easier, what do you guys think ? specially i heard people there are getting Pr without putting any effort.
I don't know, but I wouldn't rely luck on this kind of stuff.
Chances are that your case is on file, put yourself in CIC officer's shoes.
How would you feel when you see someone already been rejected once trying a shortcut to get a PR.

bakergangster

Apr 12, 2013
SamleB, are you sure you were a chef? Maybe you were a cook? Chef title requires MUCH more experience, I believe you might of been a cook. Look at the differences between the two nocs:

Chef:

- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants in an establishment, restaurant chains, hospitals or other establishments with food services
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards

And Cook:

Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers

The VO said "According to your letter of employment, your duties include full perparation work in the kitchen, cooking all food orders and managing kitchen staff. This does not correspond to the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties contained in NOC 6321, chef"

These duties are under the noc cook however, you just picked the wrong noc.
Did you actually perform chef duties? I find it hard to believe you did since chefs are mainly more experienced, while cook is a stepping stone before chefs usually. You should reapply.

broiler

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
I believe the reason you were denied was simply because none of your duties were in relation to the duties of a chef as many others have pointed, also the vo stated point blank your duties were not the same as a chef. Your duties you hav seem to land under cook, why did you apply for chef? Is that your job title on your work contract? I guess this is the simple case of noc mismatch

samleb

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-april-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
yea i can see that iam closer to a cook, but my employer gave a a reference letter says iam a chef. so if i wanna re apply i believe i should use the cook noc code. but isn't a problem to re apply with cook NOC code and it says chef on my reference letter ???