+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR not recieved after 2 months, applied under implied status

sandeepxyz

Nov 11, 2014
I just registered because am slightly worried.

Before my WP and visa expired, I applied to switch to visitor status. (I was already out of job for about 3 months i.e. lost my job but visa was not expired).

My lawyer told me verbally that because I filed for change of status, I was now under implied status. So when filing for CEC, I put down "Implied status" in the question where I was asked for my status. Its now been 2 months and my AOR has not arrived. Have I screwed up?

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
sandeepxyz said:
I just registered because am slightly worried.

Before my WP and visa expired, I applied to switch to visitor status. (I was already out of job for about 3 months i.e. lost my job but visa was not expired).

My lawyer told me verbally that because I filed for change of status, I was now under implied status. So when filing for CEC, I put down "Implied status" in the question where I was asked for my status. Its now been 2 months and my AOR has not arrived. Have I screwed up?
I don't think there is any issue. You are under implied status and that is valid. However, I could not digest the thing that you were out of job for three months and waited to come under implied status and then applied for the CEC. You could have applied earlier and could have gotten the BOWP.

Any ways, ship has been sailed now. Wait for the AOR. In these days AOR time line is ~80-~90 days (based on August tracker).

sandeepxyz

Nov 11, 2014
canadacec123 said:
However, I could not digest the thing that you were out of job for three months and waited to come under implied status and then applied for the CEC. You could have applied earlier and could have gotten the BOWP.

Any ways, ship has been sailed now. Wait for the AOR. In these days AOR time line is ~80-~90 days (based on August tracker).
I was not aware of my eligibility for the BOWP until it was too late. I made a mistake in hiring a lawyer. The lawyer was ... I lack words to describe what kind of people hold licenses these days.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
sandeepxyz said:
I was not aware of my eligibility for the BOWP until it was too late. I made a mistake in hiring a lawyer. The lawyer was ... I lack words to describe what kind of people hold licenses these days.
hmmm....I understand. Wait for the AOR now. It should on it's way soon. Until the decision is pending on your current visitor application, you are legal in Canada.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
sandeepxyz said:
If in the meantime I get a job offer, will I be able to apply for BOWP?
unfortunately, you can not apply for the BOWP because you must have a valid work permit expiring in 4 month. However, your employer can apply for the LMIA for you. That is completely separate process.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
sandeepxyz said:
Ok thanks...(I don't see the "Good" button anywhere btw on my screen :D)
:p

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sandeepxyz said:

My lawyer told me verbally that because I filed for change of status, I was now under implied status.
Well, your lawyer was wrong about that too. Don't worry - you have valid status in Canada until you receive a response to your Change Status to Visitor" application. But "implied status" technically only exists when you apply to extend the same kind of permit under the same circumstances - e.g. you hold a TWP and you apply for a new one with the same employer.

Good luck, I hope you are able to find an employer willing to apply for the LMIA.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
sandeepxyz said:
Lawyers and consultants are mostly in to make money of applicants.. most of the lawyers i contacted only told me ways which would make them make most money and no one even mentioned i can get a BOWP as my wp was expiring a month after i applied for PR.. thanks to these forums many people like us are saved from alot of trouble.. and yes now i have a BOWP after 3 lawyers told me i cannot apply for it as i wont have AOR and that i should apply for FSW and CEC together to have a chance of getting file # sooner.. and yes for each application they would charge separately..

sandeepxyz

Nov 11, 2014
jes_ON said:
Well, your lawyer was wrong about that too. Don't worry - you have valid status in Canada until you receive a response to your Change Status to Visitor" application. But "implied status" technically only exists when you apply to extend the same kind of permit under the same circumstances - e.g. you hold a TWP and you apply for a new one with the same employer.

Good luck, I hope you are able to find an employer willing to apply for the LMIA.
In that case the CEC application I sent out will be rejected? Because for my existing status I had filled out "Implied Status". What should I consider myself at the moment then, if I want to make a new application to protect myself.

sandeepxyz

Nov 11, 2014
Hi friends, I am really scared. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Will it help to submit another application while waiting for an answer on my visitor status change?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
sandeepxyz said:
Hi friends, I am really scared. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Will it help to submit another application while waiting for an answer on my visitor status change?
I dont think your application will be rejected.. perhaps it will be approved and u will be allowed to stay in canada.. one thing we cannot be sure of is the duration you will be allowed to stay.. dont lose your sleep on this hopefully it will work out :)

sandeepxyz

Nov 11, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
I dont think your application will be rejected.. perhaps it will be approved and u will be allowed to stay in canada.. one thing we cannot be sure of is the duration you will be allowed to stay.. dont lose your sleep on this hopefully it will work out :)
I am not worried about visitors visa. Main concern is related to my CEC application. In CEC application I put down "Implied Status". Will they reject my CEC because Implied Status is not correct to describe my situation?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
sandeepxyz said:
I am not worried about visitors visa. Main concern is related to my CEC application. In CEC application I put down "Implied Status". Will they reject my CEC because Implied Status is not correct to describe my situation?
Since u applied before your work permit expired.. i think its safe and you dont need to worry about it.. it should not affect your CEC