+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR is Feb 2024, Office in Scarborough, multiple requests to expedite, interview in July..

Navneet2000

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Why the Background verification and Prohibitions are still in progress for so long time. I Called many times and sent forms to expedite. I was called for an interview at Scarborough, the officer was so nice he only checked my ID and informed me that my case looked fine and that within "2-3 months" it would be finalized, and we would just wait for the background and prohibitions clearance. since then no progress. Last week I submitted a request and called and was told that for people who are interviewed the normal processing time is not applicable.
What do you think is the problem.. I really need the passport urgently!

• Language skills
    Completed

• Physical presence
    Completed

• Citizenship test
    Completed

• Background verification
    In progress

• Prohibitions
    In progress

• Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Why the Background verification and Prohibitions are still in progress for so long time. I Called many times and sent forms to expedite. I was called for an interview at Scarborough, the officer was so nice he only checked my ID and informed me that my case looked fine and that within "2-3 months" it would be finalized, and we would just wait for the background and prohibitions clearance. since then no progress. Last week I submitted a request and called and was told that for people who are interviewed the normal processing time is not applicable.

• Language skills
    Completed

• Physical presence
    Completed

• Citizenship test
    Completed

In progress

• Prohibitions
    In progress

• Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Did you ever get GCMS notes? It would have some details of your background still stuck.

Sahil@5820

Jun 22, 2024

• Language skills
    Completed

• Physical presence
    Completed

• Citizenship test
    Completed

In progress

• Prohibitions
    In progress

• Citizenship ceremony
    Not started