Sep 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-09-2015
Hello.

There are many people confused with ECAS so I am going to clarify some ideas:

1. ECAS access/check is optional. You can complete the entire process without requiring to access it. However, it helps getting more information about what is going on specially when we are impatient. Like most of our cases. :p

2. There is not any notification from MYCIC specifying that ECAS is ready, you just need to access the ECAS website and confirm that your information appears there. Additionally, and just for general reference, if you ask how where you going to know that it exists if you were never notified, the answer is that it is published throw the the home CIC website, once there... clicking on "My Application" link and later selecting "My Application status". At this point the website asks "What did you apply for?", you just need to follow the online process and you will be there. (It is much faster and direct if you just access the direct link)

3. When you read people from the forum specifying that they have N lines, it means the amount of steps that have been registered in your records. Which 'usually' you are more advanced in the way that there are more registrations (more lines, except on circumstances where the records that appear where things missing or going wrong).

4. ECAS stands for "Electronic Client Application Status"

5. There are some people that for security reasons, they configure the ECAS website to NOT publish any kind of information within the ECAS website. In that case they just access their MYCIC profile.

igorsalves87

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BigKhaled said:
Hello.

There are many people confused with ECAS so I am going to clarify some ideas:

1. ECAS access/check is optional. You can complete the entire process without requiring to access it. However, it helps getting more information about what is going on specially when we are impatient. Like most of our cases. :p

2. There is not any notification from MYCIC specifying that ECAS is ready, you just need to access the ECAS website and confirm that your information appears there. Additionally, and just for general reference, if you ask how where you going to know that it exists if you were never notified, the answer is that it is published throw the the home CIC website, once there... clicking on "My Application" link and later selecting "My Application status". At this point the website asks "What did you apply for?", you just need to follow the online process and you will be there. (It is much faster and direct if you just access the direct link)

3. When you read people from the forum specifying that they have N lines, it means the amount of steps that have been registered in your records. Which 'usually' you are more advanced in the way that there are more registrations (more lines, except on circumstances where the records that appear where things missing or going wrong).

4. ECAS stands for "Electronic Client Application Status"

5. There are some people that for security reasons, they configure the ECAS website to NOT publish any kind of information within the ECAS website. In that case they just access their MYCIC profile.
Is that possible to get the Passport request with 3 lines only? Or is there any line that is general for everyone?
For instance, some people get a line to provide celpip or ielts... they are looking for the original files to be submitted by mail, or the digital one? because I've already sent mine with the application scanned...

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The quickest I have seen on here is 7 weeks from the time a person received there aor to the time they got ppr . I wrote a thread about this yesterday I would love to know the quickest from aor to ppr

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
My friend had DM with 3 lines in ECAS only, though the day she got DM CIC added 2 extra lines to her ECAS, so she had 5 at the end.

tankthinks

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got update today. Med passed.

They require additional docs:

Schedule A and CELPIP

For schedule A: It says "A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature, Please provide details for section 6."

So original signature that means after I fill the form I have to print out and sign, then scan? It underlines please provide details for section 6, does that mean I only need to fill section 6?

For CELPIP: It says "photocopies are not acceptable", does it mean I should just scan the original transcript?

Thanks !

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ECAS has been In process since I got access... and I have 5 lines on ECAS, including a 2nd AOR confirming receipt of Schedule A (additional documents), but I'm not getting Medical Received yet...
On mycic, Medical Passed 4 days after AOR (AOR mid September)..... and background check is still Not started.

My ECAS looks like this:

Application received on...
AOR sent on...
Started processing on...
Requested additional document on...
Sent 2nd AOR confirming receipt of original document on....

But nothing on medicals.....

I know its early, but just want to know if it is normal to have over 2 weeks difference in medicals receipt in myCIC versus ECAS...?

Thanks

tankthinks

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The letter says:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
 my UCI# - My name:
 Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature This must be received by: 2015/10/07 Please provide details for section 6.
 CELPIP: Original CELPIP language proficiency results (photocopies are not acceptable) This must be received by: 2015/10/07

what's the 1st item mean???

Thank you!!!!

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes..you need to fill it (usually type), print, sign with black pen and scan..I guess in your case they only asked for ques 6, so just need to fill that in...I would add my name etc basic info and then ques 6....

On this note, I m curious as to why some are getting asked to fill the full Schedule A and others only question 6....also some is only the PA and for some, both PA and spouse need to fill...does anyone know why?
assuming all have visa rejections and no gaps/ areas of confusion...

tankthinks said:
got update today. Med passed.

They require additional docs:

Schedule A and CELPIP

For schedule A: It says "A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature, Please provide details for section 6."

So original signature that means after I fill the form I have to print out and sign, then scan? It underlines please provide details for section 6, does that mean I only need to fill section 6?

For CELPIP: It says "photocopies are not acceptable", does it mean I should just scan the original transcript?

Thanks !

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would fill it all in . I got requested this and I filled it all :)

tankthinks

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Banff2015 said:
I would fill it all in . I got requested this and I filled it all :)
Yah just to be safe I will fill it all. Thanks. I just don't understand the 1st docs, it just shows my name and UCID, doesn't specify which document it is... is it my new BOWP scan ?

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is the usual format..

I understand they only want your Schedule A and your english test original scans...

is it only you or even spouse?

For me it came this way:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
my UCI# - My name:
 Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature This must be received by (date)

my spouse UCI# - Spouse name:
 Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature This must be received by (date)

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
hi all,

please advise i have my PR(EE) application in process and my family have to go to india now for a important occasion.

can we go now while the application is in process.

we are leaving in Oct and coming back in January to home country.

while travelling we are going via USA.

so please advise what needs to be done here..

i am confused and this a important occasion.