NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
debanjanghosal said:
Hey it was March 4th and not April. And all this while I had missed it.
Ok then. It means that you already missed the 30 days deadline for submitting your passport. Make sure that you communicate the issue before sending out your passport.

Eye in the sky

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
I have some questions regarding 'dual intent' procedures and confident to get an expert opinion here Smiley - here is my situation:

As per below timelines I am a PNP-Outland applicant with AOR on MAR 2 2016. My current employer has offered me an assignment to Canada on a temporary work permit (duration says 2 years) and are happy to initiate my temp work permit ASAP as the assignment begins latest around June. They are well aware of my PR application however they require my expertise for this assignment hence they proposed to initiate a temp work permit. As I cannot commit any timelines on the status of my PR application , will this situation be considered as valid case? Will the work permit be approved ? will it have any adverse impact on my current PR application?

I do not wish to see any adverse effect on my current PR application whatsoever Smiley even if I have to let go of this offer. Please advise ,what is the best way to proceed in a situation like this?

Category : SINP Outland
SINP nomination : 25 Jan 2016
ITA : 27 Jan 2016
AOR : 2 March 2016
Schedule 4 request and IELTS original request: 4 March 2016
Schedule 4 and IELTS provided : 7 March 2016

CURRENT status

Medicals passed
Review eligibility : review in progress
Review of submitted documents : provided
BG : not needed at this time

NBOCT

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ally2015 said:
Anything? I got... Spam!! :p
Dry spell continuing......no PPR for us in last couple of days.

shmel83

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eye in the sky said:
I have some questions regarding 'dual intent' procedures and confident to get an expert opinion here Smiley - here is my situation:

As per below timelines I am a PNP-Outland applicant with AOR on MAR 2 2016. My current employer has offered me an assignment to Canada on a temporary work permit (duration says 2 years) and are happy to initiate my temp work permit ASAP as the assignment begins latest around June. They are well aware of my PR application however they require my expertise for this assignment hence they proposed to initiate a temp work permit. As I cannot commit any timelines on the status of my PR application , will this situation be considered as valid case? Will the work permit be approved ? will it have any adverse impact on my current PR application?

I do not wish to see any adverse effect on my current PR application whatsoever Smiley even if I have to let go of this offer. Please advise ,what is the best way to proceed in a situation like this?

CURRENT status

Medicals passed
Hi there!

I am in the exact same situation as you and I asked a very similar question a couple of months back here. My employer is transferring me to Calgary. They decided not to wait for my PR since its date was not certain and applied for the work permit independently. In fact, I picked up passports from Canadian Embassy in London with Workers Visas today:):)

However, I have not received my PPR yet. I am Oct 28 Outland FSW. I know, everybody says it should be ok, and dual intent is absolutely valid case (my EE advisor, my employer visa advisor, and folks on this forum), but... Until I get my PPR I can't say for sure.

Stay tuned and I will let you know shortly as there will be 6 months mark in ~2 weeks here.

All the best to you!

debanjanghosal

Aug 25, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AAA2133 said:
Ok then. It means that you already missed the 30 days deadline for submitting your passport. Make sure that you communicate the issue before sending out your passport.
Yes AAA2133, you are right. I missed the 30 day deadline. But that is because the communication from CIC never reached me. I happened to call CIC regarding extension of my current work permit when I was told that my passport request was made on March 4th and that I missed it by over a week. But the agent was kind enough to take a note to resend the e-mail for passport request. She also advised that I should send over the passport and 2 copies of 50 cm X 70 cm photographs at once.

And I gladly obliged. :)

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
debanjanghosal said:
Yes AAA2133, you are right. I missed the 30 day deadline. But that is because the communication from CIC never reached me. I happened to call CIC regarding extension of my current work permit when I was told that my passport request was made on March 4th and that I missed it by over a week. But the agent was kind enough to take a note to resend the e-mail for passport request. She also advised that I should send over the passport and 2 copies of 50 cm X 70 cm photographs at once.

And I gladly obliged. :)
Awesome, congrats.

AneczkaKa

Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 6th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
October 6th
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
Phone interview 10th of April 2016
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
Congratulations to all of you lucky ducks who got their ppr! I've got ghost email yesterday. Fingers crossed science I crossed over my six month mark. :p

Eye in the sky

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
shmel83 said:
Hi there!

I am in the exact same situation as you and I asked a very similar question a couple of months back here. My employer is transferring me to Calgary. They decided not to wait for my PR since its date was not certain and applied for the work permit independently. In fact, I picked up passports from Canadian Embassy in London with Workers Visas today:):)

However, I have not received my PPR yet. I am Oct 28 Outland FSW. I know, everybody says it should be ok, and dual intent is absolutely valid case (my EE advisor, my employer visa advisor, and folks on this forum), but... Until I get my PPR I can't say for sure.

Stay tuned and I will let you know shortly as there will be 6 months mark in ~2 weeks here.

All the best to you!
Thanks, a bit relieved! :) Keep us all posted.. good luck!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Eye in the sky said:

CURRENT status

Medicals passed
Well its a formal thing i.e. Dual intent is well documented. So may be you are just looking for reinforces to feel good about it.

The only possibility which could create problems for you getting a work permit with a PR in process, is if your Job offer and employment is for a different province as opposed to your provincial nomination. CIC / CBSA might question this upon landing, not before and even in that case, unless one of the provinces is Quebec, generally its not a problem.

Since people seem to value individual cases, I have been on work permit in Canada, applied for PR, then during PR applied and received work permits for self and family, before becoming PR. And I know tons of people who have done that. Enough said.

vernon22445

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
I got this request on Apr 13/2016, what should I do ?

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we

require the following information/documents:

1)Please provide your certificate in ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION

2) Please provide documentary evidence regarding the specific work you performed in Canada:

> Please provide the following:

-Names and location of clients you worked for while employed in Canada

-What was the locations of your job sites

-Documentary evidence to support this work

3) Please provide evidence to support your work experience in India as an Electrical Engineering

Technician

4) What is your current employment status?

This must be received at this office by: 2016/04/20

Mar 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 11.2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Oct 11.2016
IELTS Request
NA - submitted with letter of explanation at the beginning
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
Before application submitted .... Sept. 23.2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 18.2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 29.2016
LANDED..........
April 13.2016
FSW Inland
1 Year PGWP (expiration: Nov 12, 2015)
IELTS - 9 | 9 | 8.5 | 7.5
WES - 4 year equivalent bachelors
1 year Canadian education (post grad)
1.5 years and counting Canadian experience

Sept 16 - EE Profile submitted- (479 points)
Sept 18 - ITA
Oct 11 - APR Submitted (RPRF upfront, RCPM submitted, IELTS certificate, letter of explanation)
Oct 11 - eAOR
Oct 22 - Medicals Passed
Oct 23 - CIC update email & ECAS access - 4 lines (could have been earlier)
Oct 24 - Log into MyCIC - application updated. No changes noticed
Oct 25 - Ghost Email
Nov 5 - BOWP sent with first AOR (paper application to Alberta)
Nov 6 - Paper Application received by CIC (FedEx tracking notice, signature provided)
Feb 18 - Approved 1 year BOWP received in the mail (Date issued February 10, 2016)
Mar 9 - logged into MyCIC- status "updated". Background check in progress.
Mar 10 - CIC email... Your account has been updated
Mar 18 - "Ready for Visa" email
Mar 21 - Mail Passport - Canada Post Xpress
April 2 - logged into MyCIC - status updated. Application Closed. Background check completed. This application as been approved.
April 2 - 2..pm my CIC update email received
April 4 PP return Activated 6pm-ish
April 5 PP received in the mail
April 6 - call CIC for landing appoint request.... Said they will send the request to the office nearest to me (Etobicoke) and the office will contact me
April 8 - received email with landing appointment for April 13
April 13 - landing appointment in Etobicoke between 9&11 am... Got there at 9, landed at 10:56, got new SIN 11:15 -/+.

Landed PR as of 10:56 April 13, 2016

Cheers to us, cheers to life....