Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the progress is like through these various stages:

I mean, I've just submitted my docs and got AOR... How long does the first step (Eligibility) usually take?

From what I've read the next stage I should expect the medical results to change and the background to change to Not started... Then as soon as the medicals changed to Passed the background changes back to Not Needed, right?

Then after that it goes fuzzy... They review the documents and if they need anuthing else they'll let me know... But when does the background check change to In Progress?
First 2 steps - medical and eligibility are done directly in Canada. Next steps are then forwarded to the VO. If you are already in Canada it will be one central for Canada. if you are outside, it will be your local VO.
Practicaly it is same thing as with Ontario part. You migh or might not get any info about changes until they will request passports for PPR.
It depends on agent who is managing your account and then on local VO if they will update it or not. At the moment wait app. up to 1 month to see medical passed (some people do not have even that and yet their medicals are passed).
Also for PNP they do contact the province that have nominated you in order to recheck some details.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
vensak said:
First 2 steps - medical and eligibility are done directly in Canada. Next steps are then forwarded to the VO. If you are already in Canada it will be one central for Canada. if you are outside, it will be your local VO.
Practicaly it is same thing as with Ontario part. You migh or might not get any info about changes until they will request passports for PPR.
It depends on agent who is managing your account and then on local VO if they will update it or not. At the moment wait app. up to 1 month to see medical passed (some people do not have even that and yet their medicals are passed).
Also for PNP they do contact the province that have nominated you in order to recheck some details.
Thanks vensak...

So basically when the first two have PASSED my application has moved to the local VO? Or is the only way to really know is to get GCMS notes?

Also, how do I find out what my local VO is?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
Thanks vensak...

So basically when the first two have PASSED my application has moved to the local VO? Or is the only way to really know is to get GCMS notes?

Also, how do I find out what my local VO is?
Funny enough even GSCM notes will not give you all information. All you will see are updated details on each sections (what they sometimes forget to update online), and if your application was already send to VO. But I have seen here cases, where there was no update in VO according to these notes (but the application was maybe on hold, because of too many applications or it there was lot of check up going on, about which you will of course get no details about).
My opinion is that those notes are only usefull if you see no movement on your application for extended period (like 2-3 months).
If you want some estimation, go on trackers and check through applicants from last 2 years and how fast they got their PPR.
You can go after similar nationalities or same VO as yours and also after similar NOC or same tyoe of PNP.

usually your local VO is the same one where you would have to go to ask for any kind of other visa.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
vensak said:
Funny enough even GSCM notes will not give you all information. All you will see are updated details on each sections (what they sometimes forget to update online), and if your application was already send to VO. But I have seen here cases, where there was no update in VO according to these notes (but the application was maybe on hold, because of too many applications or it there was lot of check up going on, about which you will of course get no details about).
My opinion is that those notes are only usefull if you see no movement on your application for extended period (like 2-3 months).
If you want some estimation, go on trackers and check through applicants from last 2 years and how fast they got their PPR.
You can go after similar nationalities or same VO as yours and also after similar NOC or same tyoe of PNP.

usually your local VO is the same one where you would have to go to ask for any kind of other visa.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp
Thanks! :)

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application submitted and paid fees ? When do I get AOR ? I am assuming official payment receipt, which I already got, is not AOR.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There should be 2 mails on your account:
1. Application transmission with payment receipt.
2. AOR - some people receive it fast and sometimes it takes days to get that one.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
There should be 2 mails on your account:
1. Application transmission with payment receipt.
2. AOR - some people receive it fast and sometimes it takes days to get that one.
So far I got just one and seems like it's a payment receipt. Would AOR mail be titled as AOR.?

Update : Got AOR. How Do I use that letter to apply for BOWP.? There is no number or anything on that letter,

and should I wait for review of eligibility to complete before applying for BOWP.? How long does review of eligibility takes on average ?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence
already got it. what about following

How Do I use that letter to apply for BOWP.? There is no number or anything on that letter,

and should I wait for review of eligibility to complete before applying for BOWP.? How long does review of eligibility takes on average ?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
already got it. what about following

How Do I use that letter to apply for BOWP.? There is no number or anything on that letter,

Print it out. There is barcode on the top of the letter. Plus as a number they use your application number which is same as your EE number. Further follow the BOWP request procedure and also check what is written in that letter (there is something about BOWP).

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
Print it out. There is barcode on the top of the letter. Plus as a number they use your application number which is same as your EE number. Further follow the BOWP request procedure and also check what is written in that letter (there is something about BOWP).
Thanks,

I think I will wait for couple of days to see if there is any update on my profile, and after that I will apply for BOWP.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
vensak said:
I applied on the 4th of Jan, statuses changed the next day to no additional docs needed and backround check not started.. I did my medicals on the 3rd of Jan. Shall I expect medicals result soon?

Also, Just curious, any idea what's the chance of getting rejected if someone has no criminal record and his medicals are ok?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
omarnabsws said:
I applied on the 4th of Jan, statuses changed the next day to no additional docs needed and backround check not started.. I did my medicals on the 3rd of Jan. Shall I expect medicals result soon?

Also, Just curious, any idea what's the chance of getting rejected if someone has no criminal record and his medicals are ok?
I think that if your docs are in order, medicals are OK and you have no criminal history you should be pretty safe.

The problem is, there are a lot of ifs there...

You may have innocently forgotten to mention something important on your application, which may raise suspicion and could get you rejected. There are also trivial reasons you can get rejected, for attaching the wrong file in the wrong place... etc.

yumika

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19 Dec, 2016
AOR Received.
06 Jan, 2017
Hello guys,

ITA on December 22 and AOR on January 6.