09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
TLOU said:
A quick update:

AOR: 7 Feb 2017
Medical passed: 13 April 2017
Background check: Next step is to conduct a background check

Can somebody tell me at which stage my application is at?
BG Not Started
BG not started.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Guys, quick question: Do we get any messages from them after AOR but before meds pass? I still havent received anything from CIC after the AOR.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
ashu1710 said:
Guys, quick question: Do we get any messages from them after AOR but before meds pass? I still havent received anything from CIC after the AOR.
No unless they request for additional document.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Mthornt said:
Does "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check." or NBG = IP1?
It means Not Started

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
neha_s said:
Hi Folks,

my eAOR January 29
Medical paassed March 01
BG is Not Applicable since then and no change at all ..Does this mean I am on Stage 1 and no progress in my BG at all..I never had any other status other then NA.
Little worried..
Don't worry there are many applicants at same stage. Check tracker for more info. CIC is slow for PNP or FSWO

Harrys1988

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
TLOU said:
A quick update:

AOR: 7 Feb 2017
Medical passed: 13 April 2017
Background check: Next step is to conduct a background check

Can somebody tell me at which stage my application is at?
This background check status means NS Not started initial phase
IT will either change to NA to IP to PPR
Or
Change to IP(1 ) to NA ( not applicable ) to IP(2) PPR

Dec 20, 2016
Hello to all forum fellows!

I have been a silent follower of this forum on various topics and have sought help from time to time when having doubts about my application. So, first of all I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your contribution! :)

I received my golden e-mail just about 2 hours ago!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Following is my timeline:

Stream: CEC Inland
APR/ e-AOR: February 17, 2017
BOWP applied: February 17, 2017
Medicals passed: March 23, 2017
BG status (IP): March 23, 2017
BOWP approved: March 26, 2017
PPR: April 12, 2017

My BG did not change through out and is still showing the same status. I have been checking my CIC account almost 3 times everyday so I do not think I missed any change in the status but this can be a possibility.
And the PPR e-mail was sent to my Gmail account (not in the promotions/spam folder though) and no message in CIC account.

I have one final query:
My spouse was added as a dependent applicant and he is residing in Pakistan. Now, is he approved along with me?
If yes, will he send his passport to the local VO in Pakistan right away or do I need instructions for this before? - confused because the e-mail states the following:

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

And if he does submit to local VO, then in Annex A, do I fill out and sign my information or will that be his information, i.e., name, address, telephone #, etc. ?

As always, I'd really appreciate expert advice on above queries.

Good luck to everyone who has been waiting.

Cheers!

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
sara.parveen26 said:

I have been a silent follower of this forum on various topics and have sought help from time to time when having doubts about my application. So, first of all I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your contribution! :)

My BG did not change through out and is still showing the same status. I have been checking my CIC account almost 3 times everyday so I do not think I missed any change in the status but this can be a possibility.
And the PPR e-mail was sent to my Gmail account (not in the promotions/spam folder though) and no message in CIC account.

I have one final query:
My spouse was added as a dependent applicant and he is residing in Pakistan. Now, is he approved along with me?
If yes, will he send his passport to the local VO in Pakistan right away or do I need instructions for this before? - confused because the e-mail states the following:

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

And if he does submit to local VO, then in Annex A, do I fill out and sign my information or will that be his information, i.e., name, address, telephone #, etc. ?

Cheers!
Congrats!! for the PPR email.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Harrys1988 said:
This background check status means NS Not started initial phase
IT will either change to NA to IP to PPR
Or
Change to IP(1 ) to NA ( not applicable ) to IP(2) PPR
Ok thanks for the clarification!

sby123

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Reena87 said:
Yes it is
Not true, IP1/IP2= We are processing your background check
Your application is in progress, the next step is to conduct your background check, meaning that the background check has not started yet (NS)

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
sara.parveen26 said:

I have one final query:

Cheers!
Congrats!!

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Let some good news coming today/tonight as thunderstorm will be coming to Ontario this weekend as well :p

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
sby123 said:
Not true, IP1/IP2= We are processing your background check
Your application is in progress, the next step is to conduct your background check, meaning that the background check has not started yet (NS)
Heres what I found in another part of the forum, if this is accurate it may provide some clarity...

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.
1. Not needed at this time (NN)
2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

Hope it helps you and the people who wants some clarity on BG status.

[/quote]

Reactions: cheme