+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

ganharsh

Nov 9, 2016
ganharsh said:
ITA: 11th Jan, Received AOR: 8th Feb, Passed my medical after10th March and right now its on reviewing - Background check. Just wondering if its normal? Anyone out there like me?
Good To see i am not alone. Forgot to mention CEC Category and Ottawa office.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ganharsh said:
Good To see i am not alone. Forgot to mention CEC Category and Ottawa office.
I have same status,

Category: CEC Inland (with spouse as dependent)
AOR: Feb 1
Medicals: Passed
Background: In Progress (1)

no movement since last update.
Given the trend, i am guessing we might see updates in the next week.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
pankaj281 said:
I have same status,

Category: CEC Inland (with spouse as dependent)
AOR: Feb 1
Medicals: Passed
Background: In Progress (1)

no movement since last update.
Given the trend, i am guessing we might see updates in the next week.
hopefully

waqar001

Star Member
Nov 15, 2012
Hi Guys, need some help
I applied on 18th Feb after getting ITA, Did medical upfront (Was told to do some extra tests as I was to be hepatitis B positive, however series of further medical tests found that I am a carrier and virus is inactive, so IRCC's designated doctor wrote in the report that I should be ok for the immigration). Anyways I went ahead and applied and paid both right to adope and other fee.

I have been waiting since then, today got an email from IRCC saying there is an update on your account and it says that "Your applications is in progress, the next step is background check" other than that everything is same and medical, particularly medical bit says "You do not require medical, we will tell you if you require one".

My question is does IRCC do medical review first or the background check??

GhanaianIndian

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
EE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-17
Med's Done....
01-03-17
Almost identical except for the fact that my med passed is Mar 1st. Wonder when BG check would happen

Kevin07 said:
Hi All,

My BGS Changed Today, My Timeline As Follows:-

FSW-Outland
Visa Office - New Delhi, India

ITA - 12 Jan 2017
Applied - 16 Feb 2017
AOR - 16 Feb 2017
Medicals Passed - 30 Mar 2017
BGS - NA-NS

Status Message As Below:-

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any Idea How many days does it take to change the BGS now ?

I will update the Tracker Asap

Regards
Kevin

Sam872

Mar 22, 2017
Hello All ,

Iam CEC Inland Applicant with below status :

AOR -28 FEB
Additional Document Request : 23rd March (Uploaded on Same Day )
BG: IN PROGRESS 1 (23rd March )
Medicals Passed: Passed on 24th March with Back Ground Status Changed to We are processing your background check

Question: What would be My Next Status Change Any Advise ? How Far I am far from PPR Request ? :) :)

Current Status :

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks

shan1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Hi,

Need help with ITA. I have received ITA with PNP on Feb 8. I have accepted and start putting all documents. I am in US and except USA PCC all documents. FBI Processing time is 12-14 weeks, I have submitted late and still 8-10 weeks are left.

Should I wait for submission till last and add a explanation that PCC is delayed in processing with all receipts.
Or
Should I Decline Nomination and wait for next round of invitation to get extra 90 days for submitting documents.

Thanks for help.

Canbaby

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
shan1234 said:
Hi,

Need help with ITA. I have received ITA with PNP on Feb 8. I have accepted and start putting all documents. I am in US and except USA PCC all documents. FBI Processing time is 12-14 weeks, I have submitted late and still 8-10 weeks are left.

Should I wait for submission till last and add a explanation that PCC is delayed in processing with all receipts.
Or
Should I Decline Nomination and wait for next round of invitation to get extra 90 days for submitting documents.

Thanks for help.
You don't have to decline.
According to IRCC website, you can provide -

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

- proof of having requested a police certificate for such countries; and
- an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance). The applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their Invitation to Apply.

shan1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Thanks Canbaby for explanation. As per IRCC comment it looks like it absolutely there decision to accept or not. I am little worried as my PNP expires Jul 31. I have applied for FBI PCC in a week after receiving ITA but Wife was not in country so she applied a month later.
If I declines I can pick in next round of invitation. Not sure What is best decision here.

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
I am Feb 19 AOR (FSW)... saw someone with same AOR date but PNP(O) get their medicals passed on 29th Mar. Have been checking my application every few hours since... ;D

I read somewhere that CIC is opening a new office to manage the extra workload... does anyone have any link / news regarding this?? What about PPR timeline? The tracker is giving me May 25 as expected date, but I believe it is too optimistic. Do we have any stream wise estimator??

TIA!!

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shan1234 said:
Thanks Canbaby for explanation. As per IRCC comment it looks like it absolutely there decision to accept or not. I am little worried as my PNP expires Jul 31. I have applied for FBI PCC in a week after receiving ITA but Wife was not in country so she applied a month later.
If I declines I can pick in next round of invitation. Not sure What is best decision here.
if your profile has good number of points that are significantly above the recent cut-offs, then i would say you should wait for the PCC and wait for the next draw. It is upto IRCC's discretion whether they accept your PCC explanation or not. Better be safe than investing time in applying and waiting, only to wait to get into complications.

Harrys1988

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
I have send an email to CPC-CTC-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and got reply today

Please note that Your application is currently being processed at the centralized Intake Office in Sydney,Nova Scotia

AOR 23 Feb 2017
Medical Passed 20 March
background check your application is progress next step is to conduct a background check .
Its been 11 days till medical passed status no change in background check

Gooner

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
11-02-2017
Kevin07 said:
Hi All,

My BGS Changed Today, My Timeline As Follows:-

FSW-Outland
Visa Office - New Delhi, India

ITA - 12 Jan 2017
Applied - 16 Feb 2017
AOR - 16 Feb 2017
Medicals Passed - 30 Mar 2017
BGS - NA-NS

Status Message As Below:-

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check. Help

Any Idea How many days does it take to change the BGS now ?

I will update the Tracker Asap

Regards
Kevin
It seems like we are sharing the same timeline. Hopefully we will see a background check In Process next week. 8)