+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

Ranitidin

Dec 11, 2015
sharma1990 said:
still waiting bud, not enough lucky i think ... ::)
I am also ITA on July 10th, but AOR Aug 20. In last seven days I had 3 request letters and 2 ghost emails, including one this morning. So, they are doing something on August Inland FSW applications.

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ranitidin said:
I am also ITA on July 10th, but AOR Aug 20. In last seven days I had 3 request letters and 2 ghost emails, including one this morning. So, they are doing something on August Inland FSW applications.
you mind me asking what they requested in case that it is not something private u don't wanna share .. thanks

Ranitidin

Dec 11, 2015
White knight 22 said:
you mind me asking what they requested in case that it is not something private u don't wanna share .. thanks
1st request letter on Dec 9 - asked for RPRF
Ghost mail on Dec 12
Background st changed to in process (again) on Dec 13
2nd request letter on Dec 14 - asked for work permit proof
Ghost email today on Dec 16

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ranitidin said:
1st request letter on Dec 9 - asked for RPRF
Ghost mail on Dec 12
Background st changed to in process (again) on Dec 13
2nd request letter on Dec 14 - asked for work permit proof
Ghost email today on Dec 16
Thanks a lot.. all the best

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
saurez7777 said:
Hi, We have mostly similar dates: I submitted under PNP-CEC on Aug 24th. Medicals passed Sep 8th.. background in progress from sep 8th and no updates after that... so you are not alone...Update us if you hear anything...
Hey Thanks for your reply,

i will most definitely update everyone here as soon as i hear something. all we can do is be patient for now. :)

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
@tom and other regular followers of this thread.

Have some info. Got my GCMS notes finally. My case and experience is typical to what most of you have experienced here so far.

AOR - August 5th.
BG check went to in-progress on Nov 14th. And then no news since then. I remember a bunch of people with similar AOR time period as mine getting their bg check status changing to in-progress around this time.

GCMS notes is pretty huge. Around 105 pages.

Didn't get the time to look at it in depth. Still looking into it now.
The Ottawa office is handling my case. I believe that could be true for a lot of people whose application has taken 4+ months since AOR.

1. My eligibility check has been completed, I think. Not 100% sure. The first page says eligibility passed. Again I believe almost all August AOR people's eligibility checks must have been completed as well.

Will keep updating here. There are multiple assessments. It's a bit confusing.

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
okbangaram said:

Have some info. Got my GCMS notes finally. My case and experience is typical to what most of you have experienced here so far.

AOR - August 5th.
BG check went to in-progress on Nov 14th. And then no news since then. I remember a bunch of people with similar AOR time period as mine getting their bg check status changing to in-progress around this time.

The Ottawa office is handling my case. I believe that could be true for a lot of people whose application has taken 4+ months since AOR.

1. My eligibility check has been completed, I think. Not 100% sure. The first page says eligibility passed. Again I believe almost all August AOR people's eligibility checks must have been completed as well.

Thanks for sharing. I also believe that for August AOR outland if background is in progress that means eligibility is passed. Please do share what is pending in your application and what updates happened on Nov 14th when your background went into progress. It will help us understand what is pending.

amitsolanki14

Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09/08/15
Med's Request
12/08/15
Med's Done....
14/08/15
zamboy said:
My Journey in Canada.. to inspire and assist..

Hello Friends,
My name is Nitin. Just like very body else, I also dreamt to come and start my life in Canada. I started preparing my application in May 2014 and was able to send it to CIC in August 2014. I used no consultants, as my only consultant and support was this forum.

I have no words for the kind of help and support all forumites have provided. I am sharing my journey and my insights on this forum to express how thankful I am and also to return the favour and contribute to anyone who may need assistance in searching a job or getting settled in Canada.

I am now to a certain extent settled with my family here, have a job (Full time) with Scotiabank.. I have also started counseling some newcomers for my settlement agency who want guidance in finding a job.

I landed in August 2015. Then started another journey, the journey to start a new life, find a home, find a job, create a social circle.. etc.. etc..First priorities were to get SIN, open a Bank account(coincidentally I applied for Scotia Start Right account from India itself and later got a job here ), get my Driver’s license , find a place to stay and so on.

I had no immediate or close family in Canada, so got registered with the nearest settlement agency in Brampton. They provide a workshop for newcomers and help you understand the job market, prepare a Canadian style resume and researching your job. But the real test comes after the workshop. I started applying for multiple jobs, tried CareerEdge for internship programs, attending mentoring events, got my business cards printed to share at meetup events, prepared job search strategy, researched linkedin. All these efforts still did not land me in a job.

I then started networking on Linkedin.. and it helped.. I will be happy to share my inputs in case anyone wants.. You never know what clicks, so I suggest we try every bit.. because failure is not an option. Feel free to connect with me. Just pm me for any query that you may have.

Thank you again for helping me.

All the Best…

Nitin
Hello Nitin,

Congrats for your PR and then Job in Canada..I am hoping to get the same by Jan-Feb 2016...Keeping my fingers cross
Please do add me in your buddy list and hope to get some assistance later from you

Amit

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
okbangaram said:

AOR - August 5th.

Neat!! Thanks for sharing. This is comforting news, as it looks that BG in progress probably indicates eligibility pass. When you have the time, please try to copy paste details of eligibility related notes (after concealing your personal info of course). I should get my gcms notes end of next week.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
okbangaram said:

AOR - August 5th.

Thanks for sharing. I bet we can't all wait for the remaining details!!!!

amitsolanki14

Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09/08/15
Med's Request
12/08/15
Med's Done....
14/08/15
VidyaM said:
Finally some update -
background check is in progress and eligibility review is in progress on 15th Dec

So you got the email update just OR you randomly checked your CIC for updates

willpower7

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
File Transfer...
10th March 2016 (NDVO)
Passport Req..
19th April 2016
Hey guys needed ur opinion on this one...

So, since so many Aug AOR's BG check hasn't yet started and there has been no updates so far, so can we assume that the files of these applicants could possibly be transferred to their local VO's for further processing as Ottawa is focusing on the Syrian refugees....

Cud this b a possibility in delay for the guys whose BG hasn't started...this is just my assumption.

Seniors on this forum pls provide ur inputs on this.

Thanx

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
willpower7 said:
Hey guys needed ur opinion on this one...

So, since so many Aug AOR's BG check hasn't yet started and there has been no updates so far, so can we assume that the files of these applicants could possibly be transferred to their local VO's for further processing as Ottawa is focusing on the Syrian refugees....

Cud this b a possibility in delay for the guys whose BG hasn't started...this is just my assumption.

Seniors on this forum pls provide ur inputs on this.

Thanx
I really don't think it is that simple. Every application seems to follow a unique course, it is very hard to predict or assume there is a pattern. What really matters is getting a PPR, some people never got any update prior to receiving it.