+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who got Police Clearance Certificate in Maharashtra, India ?

ptayal

Dec 18, 2023
My spouse wants to get a PCC from Mumbai, Maharashtra, to be able to add onto my application which is already in later stages, but seems like they need a letter from IRCC stating why is PCC needed. Also, a letter from Indian embassy is needed. Did anyone get the PCC in Maharashtra, and if yes, how were you able to get the requisite documents?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My spouse wants to get a PCC from Mumbai, Maharashtra, to be able to add onto my application which is already in later stages, but seems like they need a letter from IRCC stating why is PCC needed. Also, a letter from Indian embassy is needed. Did anyone get the PCC in Maharashtra, and if yes, how were you able to get the requisite documents?
No letter is needed. If you are in India, just go to passport seva portal and book a PCC appointment. Since you are asking under EE, getting a PCC through passport seva kendra/RPO is the better way to avoid complications. Local police stations often mess up PCC and leads to rejection.

Reactions: ptayal

ptayal

Dec 18, 2023
@iSaidGoodDay Sorry for confusion, but my spouse is in the US currently, and doesn't have any plans to go to India in the near future. Would the Passport Seva Route work too?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda