+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone want to join a thread for people applying in the near future?

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
travlgrl said:
what if you want to apply inland but a family member gets ill in USA . I am us citizen and will be with boyfriend in quebec for 6 months we are trying to establish commonlaw and then file inland but i am worried if someone in my family gets ill ( god forbid) what do i do??? and will they dispose of my request if WE or just me has to come home for a short bit>>???
Why don't you apply for Outland then?
Though a family member getting sick is always possible, it doesn't happen to everyone so you shouldn't worry about things that might not even happen.

M

mikeymyke

Hi leah, I was thinking of making a thread like yours a while ago, but I already sent my application yesterday, so its not really "future application" per se :p

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
mikeymyke said:
Hi leah, I was thinking of making a thread like yours a while ago, but I already sent my application yesterday, so its not really "future application" per se :p
Well you can give some of us some help in what you submitted and everything :) If you'd like!

travlgrl said:
but my mom was in a very bad car accident so i worry allot about her ever since,
Then just apply outland?

M

mikeymyke

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html;msg2966464#msg2966464

This is what I put in my PR application for my wife. The final weight came out to 10 lbs, not 12. The reason I put so much is because she's Vietnamese, and so her VO is singapore, which has the 2nd longest processing time in the world, so we're doing our best to avoid the dreaded interview.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
mikeymyke said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html;msg2966464#msg2966464

This is what I put in my PR application for my wife. The final weight came out to 10 lbs, not 12. The reason I put so much is because she's Vietnamese, and so her VO is singapore, which has the 2nd longest processing time in the world, so we're doing our best to avoid the dreaded interview.
Cool! Thanks :) I'm sure everyone on this thread will appreciate that!!

Good luck on your application!

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
I also just sent my application yesterday. Lol but I'll help anyone with document gathering and form filling out type questions.

Ellasg

Oct 7, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014, DM: 19-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-06-2014
travlgrl said:
what if you want to apply inland but a family member gets ill in USA . I am us citizen and will be with boyfriend in quebec for 6 months we are trying to establish commonlaw and then file inland but i am worried if someone in my family gets ill ( god forbid) what do i do??? and will they dispose of my request if WE or just me has to come home for a short bit>>???
I would apply Outland if I were you. :-[

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
agarand8 said:
I also just sent my application yesterday. Lol but I'll help anyone with document gathering and form filling out type questions.
Any help for all of us would be awesome!! :)
How much evidence did you submit. Inland or outland and for what country?

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
kcorbin said:
Oh my, I'm in the same boat as you are!! We havent answered yet the relationship questions, though. I wanted to do that while we're together... =))

I started filling out the forms and I thought I could edit it anytime as long as I havent validated it. Then I discovered last night if I "completed" the form, it becomes secured and locked.. *cries* Now I have to start again with that form from the beginning.. :p
Wow! Another mine in the enormous minefield of immigration. Thanks for the heads-up on this issue kcorbin. So glad I didn't complete any of the forms yet.

Thanks for the invitation to join this thread, lleahdoll. I just finished completing an inland app for PR in the US and now find I have to do it to sponsor my wife to immigrate to Canada. CIC and USCIS really do seem to make it supremely difficult to move freely to another their countries to the point of despair at times. Personally I'm ashamed that my country, Canada, treats family members who want to settle there almost like criminals. They are deemed guilty of fraud until THEY can prove they're innocent. I know there are a lot of fraudsters but whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? Seems to be the opposite with immigration in either country.

Anyway, good luck to all.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
hcseeker said:
Wow! Another mine in the enormous minefield of immigration. Thanks for the heads-up on this issue kcorbin. So glad I didn't complete any of the forms yet.

Thanks for the invitation to join this thread, lleahdoll. I just finished completing an inland app for PR in the US and now find I have to do it to sponsor my wife to immigrate to Canada. CIC and USCIS really do seem to make it supremely difficult to move freely to another their countries to the point of despair at times. Personally I'm ashamed that my country, Canada, treats family members who want to settle there almost like criminals. They are deemed guilty of fraud until THEY can prove they're innocent. I know there are a lot of fraudsters but whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? Seems to be the opposite with immigration in either country.

Anyway, good luck to all.
You are very welcome! I just thought us who are still preparing deserved a thread of our own too!! So we don't have to constantly ask others how they're filling out THEIR apps and such.
After I file mine I def plan on coming on here as well to tell newbies what I did with my app. :)

I know right?! I here in the EU they can travel freely (I don't know how immigration is between the countries). I wish we had something like that for US and Canada. Since we are right next to each other and except Mexico we're the only ones in North America! Think they'd understand people have relationships with Canadians very often and vice versa!

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
lleahdoll said:
Any help for all of us would be awesome!! :)
How much evidence did you submit. Inland or outland and for what country?
I've applied Outland for Costa Rica, so it will be processed in Mexico.

I submitted about 40 photos that spanned out entire relationship, I wrote a description on the back of each. For #9 I wrote an entire page summarizing our relationship. I tried to keep details to a minimum in case they want an interview, wouldn't want to have to memorize everything I wrote. I also was pretty vague in this question about the wedding, reception and honeymoon because they ask specifically about those three in other questions where you need to be more detailed so I thought it would be unnecessary. For our wedding I have the script that the officiate used so I put a copy of that in there. At the reception I made a speech so I put a copy of that as well. For the honeymoon I put the hotel invoice, copies of our passport stamps entering Nicaragua, and the tourist cards they gave us. For proof of my visiting him I have printed off my flight itineraries, given copies of my passport stamps, and I had one boarding pass that I threw in too. We applied for a trv and were denied so I put the denial letter in there to show the reason he didn't visit me in canada. I had probably 40 pages of Skype call history and video chat history to prove our communication while we are apart. And I included the western union receipts that we were able to find to prove that I was sending him financial aid. This was everything I included for the imm5490 or whatever.

For extra information, stuff that they didn't specifically ask for I have letters from my grandparents and my mom showing support of Gerald and our relationship and my decision to bring him to canada. My grandparents letters each offered him employment and my moms letter offered us lodging. Gerald and I have a 13 year age difference, so anticipating that this might cause extra scepticism, I wrote a letter directly addressing that issue.

You should also know that I am the sponsor, the Canadian, and my husband only ever touched one of the forms only to sign it. I have heard that this is actually a pretty common thing, and I don't think that it will affect our application. Lol.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Ellasg

Oct 7, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014, DM: 19-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-06-2014
Well, for those who are confused about applying as Common-Law Partners, feel free to ask me anything.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
agarand8 said:
I've applied Outland for Costa Rica, so it will be processed in Mexico.

I submitted about 40 photos that spanned out entire relationship, I wrote a description on the back of each. For #9 I wrote an entire page summarizing our relationship. I tried to keep details to a minimum in case they want an interview, wouldn't want to have to memorize everything I wrote. I also was pretty vague in this question about the wedding, reception and honeymoon because they ask specifically about those three in other questions where you need to be more detailed so I thought it would be unnecessary. For our wedding I have the script that the officiate used so I put a copy of that in there. At the reception I made a speech so I put a copy of that as well. For the honeymoon I put the hotel invoice, copies of our passport stamps entering Nicaragua, and the tourist cards they gave us. For proof of my visiting him I have printed off my flight itineraries, given copies of my passport stamps, and I had one boarding pass that I threw in too. We applied for a trv and were denied so I put the denial letter in there to show the reason he didn't visit me in canada. I had probably 40 pages of Skype call history and video chat history to prove our communication while we are apart. And I included the western union receipts that we were able to find to prove that I was sending him financial aid. This was everything I included for the imm5490 or whatever.

For extra information, stuff that they didn't specifically ask for I have letters from my grandparents and my mom showing support of Gerald and our relationship and my decision to bring him to canada. My grandparents letters each offered him employment and my moms letter offered us lodging. Gerald and I have a 13 year age difference, so anticipating that this might cause extra scepticism, I wrote a letter directly addressing that issue.

You should also know that I am the sponsor, the Canadian, and my husband only ever touched one of the forms only to sign it. I have heard that this is actually a pretty common thing, and I don't think that it will affect our application. Lol.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
Thanks for all that! I hope that can guide someone with a similar background and same application place/type! ;D

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
I have a question about filling out some forms.. I'm getting OC over here and I don't want to mess up my application because of discrepancies.. :p

We'll be applying outland but we plan on staying together in Canada while I'm visiting him (I'm US citizen so I'm visa-exempt).

Soooo, my question is... Which address should I write on the application forms? I'll definitely write my future hubby's Canadian address as my mailing address. But what about my residential address (form IMM0008)? and present address (form 5406)? I don't want to commit any misrepresentation or something...

What do you guys think? Will appreciate your responses! ;D