+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone studying or planning to study in British Columbia?

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS global, Makati, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
Hello guys I'm a Filipino... and im going to canada this august and im considering studying there..

i still dont know which college to attend to.. Im a licensed nurse here in the Philippines with 1 1/2 years of experience

Im confused if i should go and study the Licensure Preparation Advanced Diploma - Nurses first or should i take the sec assessment and crnbc right away..

please do help me..

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
There are more than 50 international nurses in Northern Lights College who have come for either Social Service Worker Diploma or other health related program. Nursing related jobs are available in plenty in the region making it one of the most safe places for a smooth PR process. Recently a Post Graduate Diploma for Nurses has been introduced which might be of your interest as well.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
be careful of this guy "Ryan1981 " he seems to be marketing agent for this college . he may be false advertising.

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
excalibur001 said:
Hello guys I'm a Filipino... and im going to canada this august and im considering studying there..

i still dont know which college to attend to.. Im a licensed nurse here in the Philippines with 1 1/2 years of experience

Im confused if i should go and study the Licensure Preparation Advanced Diploma - Nurses first or should i take the sec assessment and crnbc right away..

please do help me..
I'm also planning to study in BC next year, Vancouver or Richmond area. RN here in the Philippines but no hospital experience. Works in Pharmaceutical Industry.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
excalibur001 said:

please do help me..
If you go to Canada this August, you cannot apply inside Canada for SP. I hope you are aware of that. Search in google for BC universities and colleges. I hope you can find best program that will fits you.

I'm also planning next year.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Post Graduate courses for nurses:

Langara College has many programs for nurses.
Nursing Practice in Canada
Nursing Leadership in Canada
Nursing Transition Program

Selkirk College has
Leadership in Gerontological Nursing

Capilano University has
Applied Behaviour Analysis

Hope this will help.

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Suggested this someone I know who's also a RN here in the Philippines... Not sure of the details, but this might be for you :D

Kwantlen in Vancouver has a program for internationally educated nurses. Only downside is that the campus is in Langley, which is probably an hour's drive from Vancouver. Although a lot of Filipinos live in that area, you might feel at home :)

For more info, here's their website: http://www.kpu.ca/calendar/2014-15/health/graduatenurseinternationallyeducatedreentry-cert.html

I agree with tipsy, don't apply for a SP within Canada. Might complicate things.

excalibur001

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS global, Makati, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
November 2013
Med's Done....
December 2013
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014
LANDED..........
Augus 10 2014
humdrumdum said:
Suggested this someone I know who's also a RN here in the Philippines... Not sure of the details, but this might be for you :D

Kwantlen in Vancouver has a program for internationally educated nurses. Only downside is that the campus is in Langley, which is probably an hour's drive from Vancouver. Although a lot of Filipinos live in that area, you might feel at home :)

For more info, here's their website: http://www.kpu.ca/calendar/2014-15/health/graduatenurseinternationallyeducatedreentry-cert.html

I agree with tipsy, don't apply for a SP within Canada. Might complicate things.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was actually considering kpu since ill be living in langley.

and regarding my SP.. well actually im on a spouse visa and my hubby's company assists me with everything. they are actually willing to help me gain an SP.
and i also have a work permit and the lawyers of his company mentioned that i could keep both permits.

its just that im confused on what i should do... do i need to study first or should i take the assessment right away... coz i've read some people didnt have to take a course, they just took the exam and passed.. im just not sure if that is still possible..

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
excalibur001 said:
Thank you so much for your reply. I was actually considering kpu since ill be living in langley.

and regarding my SP.. well actually im on a spouse visa and my hubby's company assists me with everything. they are actually willing to help me gain an SP.
and i also have a work permit and the lawyers of his company mentioned that i could keep both permits.

its just that im confused on what i should do... do i need to study first or should i take the assessment right away... coz i've read some people didnt have to take a course, they just took the exam and passed.. im just not sure if that is still possible..
I guess it will depend if you yourself think you're ready for the assessment :) If you think you can pass it without the certificate, then that will save you a lot of time and money haha I would think this is the exam you're talking about in BC: https://crnbc.ca/Registration/RNApplication/InternationalEN/Pages/Default.aspx As long as you meet their requirements then I'd think all you need to do is to prepare for the exam. If you don't feel ready, then best to take a the certificate since it will also help you find employment easier if they see that you've received Canadian education. :D

Oh yeah, if I may correct myself, you can apply from within Canada since your husband is already working there and you already have a work permit :) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5552ETOC.asp